Re: Test Call: Stabilicers Lite

  • Amanda Tikkanen
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 31, 2007
      APPLICATION TO TEST STABILicers Lite

      Please do not consider my application to test the STABILicers Lite
      traction device.

      Tester: Amanda Tikkanen

      Test Plan:

      1) Invent Time Travel.
      little buffer time to put the buggers on).
      3) See if the STABILicers Lite provide enough traction on slick wet
      ice to not slip, fall, and break my leg.
      4) Provided traction is good enough to prevent said injury, continue
      to test and/or apply to test other gear.

      Okay, so my first step is a doozy, but I'm sure if it prevents #3,
      they're golden.

      -Amanda
    • Rick
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 31, 2007
        Hi fellow cripp. I am glad that at least you have a good sense of humor
        about this. How long till you are going to be able to be out walking again?

        Rick

        Amanda Tikkanen wrote:

        > APPLICATION TO TEST STABILicers Lite
        >
        > Please do not consider my application to test the STABILicers Lite
        > traction device.
        >
        > Tester: Amanda Tikkanen
        >
        > Test Plan:
        >
        > 1) Invent Time Travel....

      • Shane Steinkamp
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 31, 2007
          > Please do not consider my application to test the STABILicers Lite
          > traction device.
          >
          > Tester: Amanda Tikkanen

          LOL! If you cover the first one, take me with you!

          Shane
        • Mark Wood
          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 31, 2007
            I'd really like to see this test series, especially step 1. It would open up so many opportunities for me!

            Mark Wood

            -----------------------
            Sent via BlackBerry

            Please do not consider my application to test the STABILicers Lite
            traction device.

            Tester: Amanda Tikkanen

            Test Plan:

            1) Invent Time Travel.
            little buffer time to put the buggers on).
            3) See if the STABILicers Lite provide enough traction on slick wet
            ice to not slip, fall, and break my leg.
            4) Provided traction is good enough to prevent said injury, continue
            to test and/or apply to test other gear.

            Okay, so my first step is a doozy, but I'm sure if it prevents #3,
            they're golden.

            -Amanda

            Yahoo! Groups Links
          • Amanda Tikkanen
            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 1, 2007
              --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, Rick <rick@...> wrote:

              > Hi fellow cripp. I am glad that at least you have a good sense of
              humor
              > about this. How long till you are going to be able to be out walking
              again?

              > Rick

              If all goes well the cast comes off on March 5th. I go in Monday for
              more x-rays and a new cast-- I hopefully will know then if
              everything's going according to plan. I think if there's still
              slickery surfaces then I may be using a cane until my balance is back
              to normal or better (I'm a klutz on a good day). On the trail I use
              trekking poles or a hiking stick anyway, so that's not a big issue for
              me and I think will help when I get back out.

              -Amanda
            • Edward Ripley-Duggan
              Message 6 of 11 , Feb 1, 2007
                Hi Amanda,

                Be sure to get some physical therapy after. I was in a cast for a
                broken fib some years ago as a result of an x-c ski accident, and
                this wasn't offered. As a consequence, that leg has remained to this
                day ever so slightly weaker than the other, and in (probable)
                consequence I have had occasional knee problems. No matter how strong
                a leg may look, there's often small, important muscles that could use work.

                Ted.

                At 06:07 AM 2/1/2007, you wrote:

                >--- In
                ><mailto:backpackgeartesters%40yahoogroups.com>backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com,
                >Rick <rick@...> wrote:
                > >
                > > Hi fellow cripp. I am glad that at least you have a good sense of
                >humor
                > > about this. How long till you are going to be able to be out walking
                >again?
                > >
                > > Rick
                >
                >If all goes well the cast comes off on March 5th. I go in Monday for
                >more x-rays and a new cast-- I hopefully will know then if
                >everything's going according to plan. I think if there's still
                >slickery surfaces then I may be using a cane until my balance is back
                >to normal or better (I'm a klutz on a good day). On the trail I use
                >trekking poles or a hiking stick anyway, so that's not a big issue for
                >me and I think will help when I get back out.
                >
                >-Amanda

              • Exec
                Message 7 of 11 , Feb 2, 2007
                  Leesa,

                  If you can hold this call open another day or two, I'd really like to apply.
                  I've been up to my neck in electronic snafus (two servers with identical
                  major hiccups, one telephone that has totally died and a vcr that has my
                  wife's yoga tape stuck in it). I should be able to knock out an app
                  tomorrow afternoon.

                  John Waters

                  Message 8 of 11 , Feb 3, 2007
                    I won't get to it until Sunday night. Send the app in asap.

                    Leesa