Re: CALL FOR OWNER REVIEWS - January 2007

  • Jason Boyle
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 1, 2007
      AP,

      You mean this month's call is for Shelters?

      Jason B

      --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Priest <apriest@...> wrote:

      > Dear Team
      >
      > This month's call is for items falling within the category on
      > BackpackGearTest.org titled "Rain Gear." As with previous months,
      > folks who respond favourably to the monthly call and post an approved
      > Owner Review will get brownie points in the shoot-out for test calls
      > (assuming all other criteria are met). So if you want to enhance your
      > prospects for getting selected for a test call respond to this call
      > for Owner Reviews as soon as possible. All Owner Reviews should be
      > posted to the BackpackGearTest Yahoo! group.
      >
      > Using the BackpackGearTest.org website as a guide, the sort of things
      > we are talking about are:
      >
      > Hammocks
      > Shelter Accessories
      > Tarps and Bivys
      > Tents
      >
      > If you have another item that you would like to review which you
      > think may be fit in one of these top level categories but is not
      > listed in the sub-categories, please ask if it is a go. Please just
      > keep in mind we are a backpacking gear site, so your review must be
      > relevant. If in doubt, please ask first.
      >
      > Even if there is a review on your item already in the files, post
      > another one! Like tests, a variety of reviews is the spice of life.
      >
      > The Edit Team is standing by.
      >
      > Thanks
      > Andrew Priest
      > Senior Edit Moderator
      > cc BackpackGearTesters

    • Andrew Priest

        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 2, 2007
          "Tents that you wear" ;-)

          --Rick

          --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "Jason Boyle"
          <c4jc88@...> wrote:

          > AP,
          >
          > You mean this month's call is for Shelters?
          >
          > Jason B
          >

          > --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Priest
          <apriest@> wrote:

          > > Dear Team
          > >
          > > This month's call is for items falling within the category on
          > > BackpackGearTest.org titled "Rain Gear." As with previous
          months,
          > > folks who respond favourably to the monthly call and post an
          approved
          > > Owner Review will get brownie points in the shoot-out for test
          calls
          > > (assuming all other criteria are met). So if you want to enhance
          your
          > > prospects for getting selected for a test call respond to this
          call
          > > for Owner Reviews as soon as possible. All Owner Reviews should
          be
          > > posted to the BackpackGearTest Yahoo! group.
          > >
          > > Using the BackpackGearTest.org website as a guide, the sort of
          things
          > > we are talking about are:
          > >
          > > Hammocks
          > > Shelter Accessories
          > > Tarps and Bivys
          > > Tents
          > >
          > > If you have another item that you would like to review which you
          > > think may be fit in one of these top level categories but is not
          > > listed in the sub-categories, please ask if it is a go. Please
          just
          > > keep in mind we are a backpacking gear site, so your review must
          be
          > > relevant. If in doubt, please ask first.
          > >
          > > Even if there is a review on your item already in the files,
          post
          > > another one! Like tests, a variety of reviews is the spice of
          life.

          > > The Edit Team is standing by.
          > >
          > > Thanks
          > > Andrew Priest
          > > Senior Edit Moderator
          > > cc BackpackGearTesters

        • Marie-Noëlle Augendre
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 2, 2007
            Am I supposed to wear the hammock, or does it "wear" me?

            Marie-Noëlle

            --
            Marie-Noëlle
            Wilderness Addict
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 2, 2007
              In a message dated 1/2/2007 4:04:19 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
              augendre.bgt@... writes:

              Am I supposed to wear the hammock, or does it "wear" me?

              Marie-Noëlle

              ###########

              Depends on if you set it up right! ; )

              Jim S.

              You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out
              he hates all the same people you do. - Anne Lamott

            • Andrew Priest
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 2, 2007
                At 03:01 AM 3/01/2007, you wrote:
                >"Tents that you wear" ;-)

                Isn't that normal? You know Bivys and such? :-)

                Andrew
              • tcoug7
                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 9, 2007
                  Hi Andrew,

                  How about items out of production? Specifically, I would like to
                  write a review on my Hennessay Expedition 2.5, although it is not the
                  a-sym model; it's before that.

                  Would it still be relevant?

                  Tim