Re: [backpackgeartesters] Re: FR - Princeton Tec Quad Headlamp - Roger Caffin

  • Brian
    Message 1 of 17 , Dec 31, 2006
      Was hopin the new list moderator would cover it...

      Brian

      On 12/31/06, Jerry Goller <ChiefModerator@...> wrote:
      > I'd complain to the owner if I were you...... ;o)
      >
      > Jerry

    • Roger Caffin
      Message 2 of 17 , Jan 1, 2007
        Hi Jerry

        > I always have mine on my head when I turn it on or off. I was laying in a
        > tent the other night and thinking about making a cord to hang it from the
        > ceiling loops like you mentioned.
        Works moderately well. The narrow beam limits the spread, but it sure is better than nothing. Put something white on the
        floor to reflect.

        > I always thought the strobe mode would be a good thing if I was sufficiently
        > incapacitated to need rescue. I could just lay there at night and point it
        > up. I imagine a chopper would home in on it fairly quickly.
        Probably. The flash on a camera also works well for this.

        > They are using thermal imaging more and more here for night search.
        > I'd think one on strobe would show up like a champ on one of those.
        NO.
        Thermal imaging looks for infra red radiation, such as given off by your body. The white LEDs emit NO infra red
        radiation worth even thinking about. They would be invisible to an IR scanner.

        > In deep snow I want to know well in advance
        > what I am walking out on, or into.
        :-)
        Been over a few cornices in fog skiing ... :-)

        Cheers
        Roger
        PS for Shane: it wasn't Rick, it might be Coy who was picked for the fourth spot I think.
      • Shane Steinkamp
        Message 3 of 17 , Jan 2, 2007
          Soulless mind slave, dude. Even *I*, with mystical and amazing abilities
          cannot buck the boss on his own list. There are only two moderators who
          each hold a 'buck the boss one time free' card, and I ain't one of those.

          Shane

          Message 4 of 17 , Jan 2, 2007
            True...dont be afraid to buck the boss...I'm doing it at werk
            now..course I may not have a job much longer....

            Brian

            On 1/2/07, Shane Steinkamp <shane@...> wrote:
            > Soulless mind slave, dude. Even *I*, with mystical and amazing abilities
            > cannot buck the boss on his own list. There are only two moderators who
            > each hold a 'buck the boss one time free' card, and I ain't one of those.
            >
            > Shane
            >
            > > Was hopin the new list moderator would cover it...
            >
            > > > I'd complain to the owner if I were you...... ;o)

          • Jason Boyle
            Message 5 of 17 , Jan 2, 2007
              nah it is hard to fire government employees.. oh wait your a white
              male, never mind.

              jason

              --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, Brian <tannehillclan@...>

              Message 6 of 17 , Jan 2, 2007
                Not when they are trying to get rid of 40K of us.....

                Brian

                On 1/2/07, Jason Boyle <c4jc88@...> wrote:
                > nah it is hard to fire government employees.. oh wait your a white
                > male, never mind.
                >
                > jason

              • Jason Boyle
                Message 7 of 17 , Jan 2, 2007
                  Yikes! That makes no sense... we are at war. You can always lateral
                  to a better service. :)

                • jetriple@rockwellcollins.com
                  Message 8 of 17 , Jan 3, 2007
                    The 4th tester for the PT Quad Headlamp was ME...

                    As far as I know, however, we are all on the same schedule... except that
                    the time period between the Initial and Field reports is WAY long for those
                    who received their lamps first.

                    Jet

                    backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com wrote on 01/01/2007 02:26:49 PM:

                    > Cheers
                    > Roger
                    > PS for Shane: it wasn't Rick, it might be Coy who was picked for the
                    > fourth spot I think.

                  • Brian
                    Message 9 of 17 , Jan 3, 2007
                      Will I get more pay? LOL....