Tent listing inconsistencies

  • Andy Rad
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2005
      I'm likely missing something, but while looking for an ultra-light
      solo tent I found that the Six Moon Designs Lunar Solo was listed
      under tents, and the Vigra, Squall, Cloudburst, and Barwny were
      listed under Tarps and Bivys. In my opinion they are of the same
      family. All but the Barwny have netting around the perimeter,
      floors, and a door. The Barwny does not have a netted perimeter, but
      resembles a single wall tent more than the others and is listed as a
      tarp.

      Andy
    • Andy Mytys
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 1, 2005
        Remember, the "floor" on the Virga, Squall, and Cloudburst is
        OPTIONAL. I've noticed that BGT tends to classify gear in its
        most "stripped down" form.

        That's why, for example, the Six Moon Designs Starlight pack got
        classified as a "Frameless" backpack, even though the testers all got
        stays (they're OPTIONAL).

        We definitely don't have an inconsistency here.

        --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "Andy Rad" <aisrad@c...>