Re: EDIT: Flatworld Orikaso Solo Set LTR - Marie-Noëlle

  • Marie-Noëlle Augendre
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 1, 2006
      Curt,

      I did upload the report after I made the correction (I took advantage
      of one of none too many working internet connection ...); just let me
      know if you want any other modification, and I'll make as soon as I
      have a "real" connection, monday or tuesday I hope!

      I have cleaned the test folder too.

      --
      Marie-Noëlle
      Wilderness Addict
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 1, 2006
        Marie-Noelle,

        My objection was not so much about what's possible - or even endorsed
        by the manufacturer - with the product. It's that we're a backpacking
        organization, and so how it performs in a microwave is irrelevant.

        This might be one for a mod to check in on. Personally my inclination
        is to let stuff like this go - no real harm in getting too much
        information, after all, but stuff like this has come up before and
        usually comes down on the side of "backpack testing" - not kitchen
        testing.

        Thanks for the quick response. I'll let you know if I hear anything
        from a mod.

        -Curt

        --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "Marie-Noëlle Augendre"
        <augendre.bgt@...> wrote:

        > Extract from the FAQ on the manufacturer website:
        >
        > Q. Are the products suitable for Microwave use?
        >
        > A. The cups and bowls are not suitable (cup due to fastening, bowl due
        > to opening under superheating), the dish has been tried in the
        > microwave successfully, although we haven't done enough testing to
        > endorse suitability. In short we're looking into it.
        >

        > Thus I'm going to leave the section in my report, but may be add a few
        > words of introduction to express the manufacturer concern. Would it be
        > OK for you?
        >
        > Marie-Noëlle
        >
        > 2006/11/30, Marie-Noëlle Augendre <augendre.bgt@...>:
        > > Curt,
        > >
        > > Thanks for the edits.
        > >
        > > Regarding the microwave use, I seem to remember it was conjured up by
        > > the manufacturer, but without guarantee; that's why my test plan
        > > proposed to test it at the end of the testing period. I will check the
        > > documentation when I am back home, and will amend the report
        > > correspondingly.
        > >
        > > In any case, I let you know what I've done.
        > >

        > > --
        > > Marie-Noëlle
        > > Wilderness Addict
        > > Blog : http://mnaugendre.blogspot.com/
        > > Gallery : http://www.marie-noelle-augendre.com/pwg/index.php
        > >

        > --
        > Marie-Noëlle
        > Wilderness Addict
        > Blog : http://mnaugendre.blogspot.com/
        > Gallery : http://www.marie-noelle-augendre.com/pwg/index.php

      • Jason Boyle
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 1, 2006
          Curt,

          I will move this to the mod list.

          Jason B

          --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "nwcurt" <nwcurt@...>
          wrote:

          > Marie-Noelle,
          >
          > My objection was not so much about what's possible - or even
          endorsed
          > by the manufacturer - with the product. It's that we're a
          backpacking
          > organization, and so how it performs in a microwave is irrelevant.
          >
          > This might be one for a mod to check in on. Personally my
          inclination
          > is to let stuff like this go - no real harm in getting too much
          > information, after all, but stuff like this has come up before and
          > usually comes down on the side of "backpack testing" - not kitchen
          > testing.
          >
          > Thanks for the quick response. I'll let you know if I hear anything
          > from a mod.
          >
          > -Curt
          >
          > --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "Marie-Noëlle Augendre"
          > <augendre.bgt@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Extract from the FAQ on the manufacturer website:
          > >
          > > Q. Are the products suitable for Microwave use?
          > >
          > > A. The cups and bowls are not suitable (cup due to fastening,
          bowl due
          > > to opening under superheating), the dish has been tried in the
          > > microwave successfully, although we haven't done enough testing to
          > > endorse suitability. In short we're looking into it.
          > >

          > > Thus I'm going to leave the section in my report, but may be add
          a few
          > > words of introduction to express the manufacturer concern. Would
          it be
          > > OK for you?
          > >
          > > Marie-Noëlle
          > >
          > > 2006/11/30, Marie-Noëlle Augendre <augendre.bgt@>:
          > > > Curt,
          > > >
          > > > Thanks for the edits.
          > > >
          > > > Regarding the microwave use, I seem to remember it was conjured
          up by
          > > > the manufacturer, but without guarantee; that's why my test plan
          > > > proposed to test it at the end of the testing period. I will
          check the
          > > > documentation when I am back home, and will amend the report
          > > > correspondingly.
          > > >
          > > > In any case, I let you know what I've done.
          > > >

          > > > --
          > > > Marie-Noëlle
          > > > Wilderness Addict
          > > > Blog : http://mnaugendre.blogspot.com/
          > > > Gallery : http://www.marie-noelle-augendre.com/pwg/index.php
          > > >

          > > --
          > > Marie-Noëlle
          > > Wilderness Addict
          > > Blog : http://mnaugendre.blogspot.com/
          > > Gallery : http://www.marie-noelle-augendre.com/pwg/index.php

        • Andrew Priest
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 3, 2006
            At 09:29 AM 2/12/2006, you wrote:
            >Marie-Noelle,
            >
            >My objection was not so much about what's possible - or even endorsed
            >by the manufacturer - with the product. It's that we're a backpacking
            >organization, and so how it performs in a microwave is irrelevant.

            Dear Curt

            I agree with you. Please see my previous post on same.

            Andrew