Re: [backpackgeartesters] EDIT: Flatwo rld Orikaso Solo Set LTR - Marie-Noëlle

  • Marie-Noëlle Augendre
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 30, 2006
      Curt,

      Thanks for the edits.

      Regarding the microwave use, I seem to remember it was conjured up by
      the manufacturer, but without guarantee; that's why my test plan
      proposed to test it at the end of the testing period. I will check the
      documentation when I am back home, and will amend the report
      correspondingly.

      In any case, I let you know what I've done.

      --
      Marie-Noëlle
      Wilderness Addict
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 1, 2006
        Extract from the FAQ on the manufacturer website:

        Q. Are the products suitable for Microwave use?

        A. The cups and bowls are not suitable (cup due to fastening, bowl due
        to opening under superheating), the dish has been tried in the
        microwave successfully, although we haven't done enough testing to
        endorse suitability. In short we're looking into it.

        Thus I'm going to leave the section in my report, but may be add a few
        words of introduction to express the manufacturer concern. Would it be
        OK for you?

        Marie-Noëlle

        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 1, 2006
          Curt,

          I did upload the report after I made the correction (I took advantage
          of one of none too many working internet connection ...); just let me
          know if you want any other modification, and I'll make as soon as I
          have a "real" connection, monday or tuesday I hope!

          I have cleaned the test folder too.

          --
          Marie-Noëlle
          Wilderness Addict
          Blog : http://mnaugendre.blogspot.com/
          Gallery : http://www.marie-noelle-augendre.com/pwg/index.php
        • nwcurt
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 1, 2006
            Marie-Noelle,

            My objection was not so much about what's possible - or even endorsed
            by the manufacturer - with the product. It's that we're a backpacking
            organization, and so how it performs in a microwave is irrelevant.

            This might be one for a mod to check in on. Personally my inclination
            is to let stuff like this go - no real harm in getting too much
            information, after all, but stuff like this has come up before and
            usually comes down on the side of "backpack testing" - not kitchen
            testing.

            Thanks for the quick response. I'll let you know if I hear anything
            from a mod.

            -Curt

            --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "Marie-Noëlle Augendre"
            <augendre.bgt@...> wrote:

            > Extract from the FAQ on the manufacturer website:
            >
            > Q. Are the products suitable for Microwave use?
            >
            > A. The cups and bowls are not suitable (cup due to fastening, bowl due
            > to opening under superheating), the dish has been tried in the
            > microwave successfully, although we haven't done enough testing to
            > endorse suitability. In short we're looking into it.
            >

            > Thus I'm going to leave the section in my report, but may be add a few
            > words of introduction to express the manufacturer concern. Would it be
            > OK for you?
            >
            > Marie-Noëlle
            >
            > 2006/11/30, Marie-Noëlle Augendre <augendre.bgt@...>:
            > > Curt,
            > >
            > > Thanks for the edits.
            > >
            > > Regarding the microwave use, I seem to remember it was conjured up by
            > > the manufacturer, but without guarantee; that's why my test plan
            > > proposed to test it at the end of the testing period. I will check the
            > > documentation when I am back home, and will amend the report
            > > correspondingly.
            > >
            > > In any case, I let you know what I've done.
            > >

            > > --
            > > Marie-Noëlle
            > > Wilderness Addict
            > > Blog : http://mnaugendre.blogspot.com/
            > > Gallery : http://www.marie-noelle-augendre.com/pwg/index.php
            > >

            > --
            > Marie-Noëlle
            > Wilderness Addict
            > Blog : http://mnaugendre.blogspot.com/
            > Gallery : http://www.marie-noelle-augendre.com/pwg/index.php

          • Jason Boyle
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 1, 2006
              Curt,

              I will move this to the mod list.

              Jason B

              --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "nwcurt" <nwcurt@...>
              wrote:

              > Marie-Noelle,
              >
              > My objection was not so much about what's possible - or even
              endorsed
              > by the manufacturer - with the product. It's that we're a
              backpacking
              > organization, and so how it performs in a microwave is irrelevant.
              >
              > This might be one for a mod to check in on. Personally my
              inclination
              > is to let stuff like this go - no real harm in getting too much
              > information, after all, but stuff like this has come up before and
              > usually comes down on the side of "backpack testing" - not kitchen
              > testing.
              >
              > Thanks for the quick response. I'll let you know if I hear anything
              > from a mod.
              >
              > -Curt
              >
              > --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "Marie-Noëlle Augendre"
              > <augendre.bgt@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Extract from the FAQ on the manufacturer website:
              > >
              > > Q. Are the products suitable for Microwave use?
              > >
              > > A. The cups and bowls are not suitable (cup due to fastening,
              bowl due
              > > to opening under superheating), the dish has been tried in the
              > > microwave successfully, although we haven't done enough testing to
              > > endorse suitability. In short we're looking into it.
              > >

              > > Thus I'm going to leave the section in my report, but may be add
              a few
              > > words of introduction to express the manufacturer concern. Would
              it be
              > > OK for you?
              > >
              > > Marie-Noëlle
              > >
              > > 2006/11/30, Marie-Noëlle Augendre <augendre.bgt@>:
              > > > Curt,
              > > >
              > > > Thanks for the edits.
              > > >
              > > > Regarding the microwave use, I seem to remember it was conjured
              up by
              > > > the manufacturer, but without guarantee; that's why my test plan
              > > > proposed to test it at the end of the testing period. I will
              check the
              > > > documentation when I am back home, and will amend the report
              > > > correspondingly.
              > > >
              > > > In any case, I let you know what I've done.
              > > >

              > > > --
              > > > Marie-Noëlle
              > > > Wilderness Addict
              > > > Blog : http://mnaugendre.blogspot.com/
              > > > Gallery : http://www.marie-noelle-augendre.com/pwg/index.php
              > > >

              > > --
              > > Marie-Noëlle
              > > Wilderness Addict
              > > Blog : http://mnaugendre.blogspot.com/
              > > Gallery : http://www.marie-noelle-augendre.com/pwg/index.php

            • Andrew Priest
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 3, 2006
                At 09:29 AM 2/12/2006, you wrote:
                >Marie-Noelle,
                >
                >My objection was not so much about what's possible - or even endorsed
                >by the manufacturer - with the product. It's that we're a backpacking
                >organization, and so how it performs in a microwave is irrelevant.

                Dear Curt

                I agree with you. Please see my previous post on same.

                Andrew