BIP: Rosaleen

  • Rosaleen Sullivan
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 12, 2006
      Subject: BIP; Rosaleen

      Hi, Guys-

      Back tonight from camping in the Delaware Water Gap. From our group, Ted, Fuzzy, and I made it. They got in a good, long hike on Saturday. I did do a short hike by the river, but skipped the long hike, hanging with some other friends who were more under the weather than I, waiting for more folks to show up. My cold seems better: It certainly is not worse.

      Lots of socializing and gear talking. Hubby says I look 5 years younger and needed the time away. He is earning his share of brownie points!

      Cheers!

      Rosaleen

    • Edward Ripley-Duggan
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 13, 2006
        I had a fine time down in Pennsylvania--wonderful to meet Rosaleen
        and Fuzzy in person after all this time! Good company, good food, and
        I got to test my current gear too! How can one beat that! <g>

        Best,

        Ted.
      • JimSabis@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 13, 2006
          In a message dated 11/12/2006 10:28:01 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
          rosaleen43@... writes:

          Hi, Guys-

          Back tonight from camping in the Delaware Water Gap. From our group, Ted,
          Fuzzy, and I made it. They got in a good, long hike on Saturday. I did do a
          short hike by the river, but skipped the long hike, hanging with some other
          friends who were more under the weather than I, waiting for more folks to
          show up. My cold seems better: It certainly is not worse.

          Lots of socializing and gear talking. Hubby says I look 5 years younger and
          needed the time away. He is earning his share of brownie points!

          Cheers!

          Rosaleen

          #################

          Rosaleen,

          Sorry I did not make it. <sigh>

          Nancy is not the 'go out in anything' type, so the weather report gave us
          pause, although it looks like things turned out OK from that aspect. Did Ted
          remember to give you my message?

          The weather did not matter in the end. When I arrived home Friday, I found
          Nancy had caught a stomach bug of some sort. She spent the weekend on our couch
          being miserable and nothing I did seemed to help, except to make her even
          more miserable and aggravated! (ouch!) She is still out of it today, but is
          feeling a bit better.

          Next year?

          Did Ted and Fuzzy behave themselves?

          Jim S.

          You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out
          he hates all the same people you do. - Anne Lamott

        • Rosaleen Sullivan
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 13, 2006
            Hi, Jim-

            I'm really sorry to have missed you. Ted did say that you had called and were not going to make it, but I didn't catch that your wife was ill, just wouldn't come out in bad weather. I had a cold and was getting over bronchitis, but refused to miss the trip entirely. I had too much time into planning and soliciting donations, etc. Jim Hennessy personally delivered the water collectors that Ann H had authorized for a drawing, and Jim had a few hammocks to sell at a weekend discount. I'm working on getting Hodgson Mills to contact Jerry about testing some of their instant grain products like whole wheat couscous with soy and flax. They have some seasoned mixes that are pretty tasty. They sent up some pancake mix. Not my first cooking choice for any outdoor meal, and certainly not what *I'd* plan on for backpacking. Nutritious and tasted good, just a pain to cook for a crowd over propane stoves.

            I was amused that I drew a crowd to watch me steam cornbread in a frying pan. I've talked about doing this in a foil muffin liner in a sausage can pot over an alcohol stove for years. Oh, well!

            I think I'm allergic to school. I walked in this morning, suddenly it felt like I had instant broncho-spasms and I started coughing. It COULD have been walking into warm, dry air after being out in misty cold air, but maybe I can work an angle to get away from working and have more time to be outdoors...Can one be truly allergic to work?

            Cheers!

            Rosaleen

            Re: BIP: Rosaleen
            Posted by: "JimSabis@...<mailto:JimSabis@...>" JimSabis@...<mailto:JimSabis@...> jimsabis
            Date: Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:16 am ((PST))

            rosaleen43@...<mailto:rosaleen43@...> writes:

            Hi, Guys-

            Back tonight from camping in the Delaware Water Gap.

            (Snip)

            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 1, 2007

              Hi, Guys-

              I arrived home late yesterday afternboon, July 31. I do not have my truck unpacked, but I have done a quick editing of Wayne's Wabakimi report. I will send it as soon as I am done here.

              I may do a short trip two with some people from work who have asked about backpacking, but I am basically back and ready to resume duties for BGT.

              Thanks to Shane and whomever he tapped to fill in for me while I was gone for the last month plus. I can post a "trip report" at Backpacking Talk" if anyone wants to read it.

              Cheers!

              Rosaleen