  • kholling55
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 6, 2006
      Enclosed is the Initial Review for GoLite Drimove L/S top.
      I used the BGT Report writer for this.

      The html is located:

      Thanks in advance for any comments.

      Kevin H

      November 01, 2006

      NAME: Kevin Hollingsworth
      EMAIL: kholling55@...
      AGE: 42
      LOCATION: Williamsburg Va. 23185 USA
      GENDER: M
      HEIGHT: 6' 1" (1.85 m)
      WEIGHT: 200 lb (90.70 kg)

      I started backpacking and camping when I was in the Scouts. I spent 20
      years in the military, which curtailed my personal outdoors adventures.
      I have mostly gone camping and then day-hiking in the surrounding area,
      but have been on a few multi-day hiking trips. While day-hiking, I
      normally carry a light load, a waist pack with mostly food and water,
      with a few other things. On three to four day trips, I will carry a pack
      weighing about 45 - 50 lb (21 - 23 kg). I have been hiking in Colorado,
      Korea, Egypt, and most recently Shenandoah.

      Manufacturer: GoLight
      Year of Manufacture: 2006
      Listed Specifications:
      Weight (Large): 6 oz (170 g)

      Note: All measurements are mine (unless otherwise specified)
      Weight: 7.4 oz (210.5 g)
      Sleeve length (armpit to wrist): 22.5 in (57.2 cm)
      Torso length: (armpit to shirt tail): 18.5 in (47.0 cm)
      Chest circumference: 46.5 in (118.2 cm)
      Size: XL (also comes in sizes S - XXL)
      Color: Sable (also comes in Mediterranean Blue, Blaze, and Grass)
      Warranty: Lifetime against manufacture defect
      MSRP: $30 US

      The GoLite Drimove L/S top is marketed as an all around performance
      layer. It is made from a "lite-weight, wicking polyester knit that dries
      quickly". Drimove uses the CoconaTM fabric enhancement technology,
      which uses activated carbon from coconut shells. CoconaTM absorbs and
      transfer moisture from the skin to keep the wearer drier and cooler. It
      absorbs a wide range of odors, keeping the wearer smelling fresher
      during extended use and through a wide range of conditions. CoconaTM
      does not wash out and provides UVA and UVB protection from the sun with
      a UPF of +50. It is both natural and environmentally friendly.

      TEXT = "IMAGE 3">>

      The Drimove L/S is a semi-fitted long sleeve crew neck top with raglan
      sleeves. It has flat seams throughout. The sleeves at the wrist are
      double stitch. There is the silver reflective GoLite logo on the lower
      left sleeve. There is no tag at the collar; rather the product
      information is stenciled on the inside. The outside color of the top is
      sable and the inside is a darker brown. The recommended washing
      instruction are to wash in machine wash cold water, no bleach and either
      tumble dry or line dry, with no ironing.

      I received the GoLight Drimove L/S top on 31 Oct 06. It was packaged in
      a plastic bag, with a product tag attached to the collar. The product
      tag lists the tops specification (size, weight, style, and color), tops
      key features, GoLite contact information, and the GoLite guarantee. The
      GoLite guarantee is:

      "GoLite stands behind its products. We will replace any gear with a
      manufacturing defect for the lifetime of the product, free of charge. If
      a product fails to perform as advertised, return it for a repair,
      replacement or refund. Damage due to wear and tear will be repaired at a
      reasonable charge to the user. Contact us at any of our offices for
      details on how to return a GoLite product and to receive a Return
      Authorization Number. Please also register your new GoLite product
      online at www.golite.com, tell us what you think, and ENTER TO WIN our
      quarterly product give-away drawing!"

      The quality of manufacturing seems excellent. All of the seams are flat
      with double stitching. I like the raglan sleeves, which I find to give
      me a wider range of motion. The material is a polyester knit that
      allows the top to stretch with my movements. The material felt a little
      "oily" at first touch, sort of the feel of a tissue with lotion in it,
      but after the first washing this feeling went away. Being a knit, I have
      concerns that the material will snag easily when I brush up against
      things or during the washing process.

      My chest is 45.3 in (115.0 cm) and my neck is 17.3 in (43.8 cm).
      According to GoLite's fitting chart, a large is for a chest measurement
      of 41.75 - 45.5 in (106 - 116 cm) and a neck measurement of 16.13 - 17
      in (41 - 43 cm). The XL is for a chest measurement of 45.5 - 49.75 in
      (116 - 126 cm) and a neck measurement of 17 - 18 in (43 - 46 cm). I was
      right on the border between large and XL, so based on my experience, I
      picked a XL. The XL fits snugly around my shoulders and chest, without
      being uncomfortable. My arm length from my armpit to my wrist is 18.25
      in (46.4 cm), so the arm length is fine. It goes just a little past my
      wrist. The shirt length is great, just long enough so when I lift my
      arms, the shirt doesn't pull out of my pants. After washing the top as
      per instructions, the top fits me the same as it did before the washing.
      There does not seem to be any shrinkage due to washing.

      I will be testing the Drimove for use as a base layer and as the weather
      conditions allows alone, or with only an outside jacket.
      I am planning on a few hikes in the Shenandoah National Park between now
      and Feb 2007. These will be probably day hikes about 7 to 12 mi (11 - 19
      km) depending on weather conditions. The altitudes should be around 3000
      ft (914 m). I am trying to schedule one extended trip during this
      period. In addition, I will be doing a local wooded trail that is
      approximately 7 mi (11 km) each month. The weather conditions in the
      area at this time of year vary. It is usually wet either drizzling or
      raining, with temperature ranging from 20 to 50 F (-7 to 10 C). The
      trips to the mountains, I hope will show snow with temperature below 20
      F (-7 C). If the trip is only a day trip, I will be hiking light, with a
      waist pack or a light daypack, containing food, water, socks, and other
      misc. items depending on weather conditions. If it is a multi-day trip,
      I will be carrying a pack weighing approximately 45 - 50 lb (21 - 23
      kg). I also plan on taking a ski trip during the Jan or Feb time frame.

      I will be evaluating the GoLite Drimove L/S top on the following items:

      Fit and Comfort
      Does the fit well? Is it comfortable to wear? Is it soft and stretchy?
      How does it the fit after continuous wear? Does or does not the design
      hinder the user's actions and range of motion? How does it feel with and
      without a pack?

      How is it manufactured? How does it wear? Will it shrink after
      washing? If so, how much does it shrink? How durable is it after
      multiple washing? How do the colors stand up to multiple washing? How
      does it stand up to different terrain and conditions? Does it snap

      Does it keep me warm? Does it keep my skin dry? When I sweat, do I feel
      wet or does it wick the moisture away from my skin? How will it control
      odor? Will the smell be unbearable? How does it perform as a base layer?
      How does it perform as by itself? Does it live up to what the company

      Upon receiving the GoLite Drimove L/S top, I like the top and GoLite's
      quality of workmanship. The top fits me well and is very comfortable. I
      do have a concern about the fabric snagging itself during use. I am
      looking forward to testing this top out.

      I would like to thank BackpackGearTest and GoLite for the opportunity to
      test the Drimove L/S top. This completes my Initial Report.

      Copyright 2006. All rights reserved.