Re: MLD poncho/tarp// wasRe: Big Sky Teton Tents

  • rosaleen43@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 3, 2005
      Andy-

      I spotted one of the MLD poncho/tarps for sale, second hand, and snapped it
      up. It was a second and came without the repair kit and guy lines mentioned at
      the site. I inquired about purchasing the kit and the owner graciously
      offered to send one for free, even tho' it was a second-hand-second, just for
      sending a SASE.

      Of course, I accepted the offer immediately.

      I was extremely pleased with the SST (long) both as a poncho and as a tarp
      over my old style Hennessy UL Backpacker hammock. This is what I carried for my
      56 odd miles in NC/TN along the Appalachian Trail last month. I used the
      "Snakeskins" to seal the very end against possible infiltration of rain at the
      tarp/hanging line junctions. The tarp set up could have been maybe 4" longer,
      but was fine with the Snakeskins' overlaps.

      With some more use, I'll write up an owner review. Meanwhile, I will field
      questions about mine, if people like.

      Rosaleen

      From: "Andy Mytys" <amytys@...>
      Subject: Re: Big Sky Teton Tents

      I've still got the Mountain Laurel Designs poncho tarps on my radar.

      http://www.mountainlaureldesigns.com/tarps.html