RE: [backpackgeartesters] Re: Anybody take a laptop while backpacking?

  • Chief Moderator
    Message 1 of 20 , May 2, 2005
      That's what I use mine for. And you've obviously never tried to find
      trailheads in southern Utah.....lol. Sometimes the *locals* get lost down
      there. There is about 8000 crisscrossing dirt roads and tracks, all of them
      40 to 69+ miles long. That's why I got mine.....

      Jerry

      Message 2 of 20 , May 2, 2005
        The GPS is powered off the USB plug. It locks very quickly and stays
        locked...period. I frequently let mine go to sleep....no problem. It locks
        immediately when I wake it up.

        I've also not had a screen brightness problem with my Toshiba in my van.

        Jerry

        Message 3 of 20 , May 2, 2005
          --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "Chief Moderator"
          <ChiefModerator@B...> wrote:
          > That's what I use mine for. And you've obviously never tried to find
          > trailheads in southern Utah.....lol.

          Yep - you're right. Never tried to find a trailhead in Utah. lol.

          Never used a GPS either. I'm sure they have some great features that
          could be useful, and I've been thinking about getting one. Just
          trying to inject a little levity into the topic. :)

          Pam