BIP - Chuck Carnes

  • Chuck Carnes
    Message 1 of 24 , May 2, 2005
      I am now back in pocket and I will have edits posted
      or edits of my own done by late this morning. Cool! I
      see some more test calls too!

      Chuck Carnes

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Chuck Carnes
      Message 2 of 24 , Jul 5 4:11 AM
        I'm back for only 3 days and then I will be gone for a
        week, but I will have access to my e-mail. I will be
        editing the Ibex Approach Tights today and posting
        them. Hope everyone had a wonderful and safe July 4th.

        Chuck Carnes

        Message 3 of 24 , Jul 18 5:23 AM
          I am back from an awesome vacation. I guess it's time
          to get back to work.

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • Chuck Carnes
          Message 4 of 24 , Nov 7, 2005
            Great weekend! FR for the Inka Pen will post tomorrow.
            Had fun using this pen. Back to work now.

            Message 5 of 24 , Mar 27, 2006
              I'm back. Had a great weekend away.

              Chuck Carnes

              http://mail.yahoo.com
            • Chuck Carnes
              Message 6 of 24 , Jun 13, 2006
                I am back from Africa. GREAT trip!! I am trying to get
                myself back in my normal schedule. It will probably
                take a few days though. Anyways, I will post pictures
                soon. Glad to be back on American soil.

                Chuck Carnes

                http://mail.yahoo.com
              • Ros Kelly
                Message 7 of 24 , Jun 16, 2006
                  At 09:05 PM 13/06/2006, you wrote:
                  >I am back from Africa. GREAT trip!! I am trying to get
                  >myself back in my normal schedule. It will probably
                  >take a few days though. Anyways, I will post pictures
                  >soon. Glad to be back on American soil.

                  Welcome back Chuck. Link my boy, got a link yet?

                  Ros
                • Chuck Carnes
                  Message 8 of 24 , Jun 16, 2006
                    Not yet, but soon. I am getting pictures from the
                    other guys too.

                    --- Ros Kelly <rkelly@...> wrote:

                    > At 09:05 PM 13/06/2006, you wrote:
                    > >I am back from Africa. GREAT trip!! I am trying to
                    > get
                    > >myself back in my normal schedule. It will probably
                    > >take a few days though. Anyways, I will post
                    > pictures
                    > >soon. Glad to be back on American soil.
                    >
                    > Welcome back Chuck. Link my boy, got a link yet?
                    >
                    > Ros

                    Chuck Carnes

                    http://mail.yahoo.com
                  • jetriple@rockwellcollins.com
                    Message 9 of 24 , Jun 16, 2006
                      [EDIT] FR: Tarptent Rainbow - Mark Wood

                      Hi Mark! Nice report. Nothing major to report, just some housekeeping
                      issues, and a question regarding "Test Conditions" vs. "Test Plan" (as
                      outlined below).

                      Thanks for your hard work on this test series.

                      Best regards,

                      James Triplett
                      Tarptent Rainbow Monitor

                      My wife and I planned this trip with light weight in mind since we were
                      going to cover around 26 miles (??? km) in 2 days.
                      [EDIT] How many km? (Here's a hint - 42 km)
                      [EDIT] Light weight should be "lightweight"
                      [COMMENT] generally numbers ten or lower are spelled out, so 2 would be
                      two.
                      Once she left for her own shelter, I was able to easily spread out with
                      all my gear except for my boots inside the Rainbow with me.
                      [SUGGESTION] Parentheses around (except for my boots)

                      It is a very spacious one person shelter.
                      [SUGGESTION] Change "It" to "This"
                      [EDIT] change one person to one-person

                      I noticed no leaking whatsoever through the sealed seams.
                      [SUGGESTION] This is a repeated use of "whatsoever" within 19 words.

                      But then again, I'm not so sure I'd like to be in any shelter when its
                      sunny out.
                      [EDIT] "its" should be "it's"

                      · I find that i prefer to stake out the corners instead of using trekking
                      poles. I like my shelter to be pitched taut as I know that fabrics tend
                      to stretch and sag when they get damp.
                      [EDIT] "i" should be "I"

                      * If there is no breeze, condensation will form just as with any other
                      enclosed shelter.
                      [COMMENT] From MY perspective, I have used many double wall tents without
                      condensation. You might revise this to say "as with any single wall
                      enclosed shelter" or "as with any other enclosed shelter I have used"

                      Field Conditions
                      I try to get out in nature at least twice a month either car camping or
                      backpacking. Most of the trips involve two nights of camping. The Tarptent
                      Rainbow will continue to accompany me on all such excursions and be used
                      for my shelter during the testing time frame.
                      [EDIT] This sounds more like your test plant than "Field Condidtions", as
                      does theparagraph following this. Your "Field Condidtions" are spelled
                      out for each trip, but you may wish to include more information such as
                      the elevation, etc. Ideally this would be summarized toward the top with
                      a heading of "Field Condidtions", and then expanded on when you describe
                      each trip.

                      Average temperatures during the testing time frame 0 - 80 F (-17 - 25C).
                      [SUGGESTION] When you have negative temperatures you may wish to use "to"
                      rather than "-" as the - may look like a negative number. I would write
                      it as: "Average temperatures during the testing time frame: 0 to 80 F (-17
                      to 25C)." (Note the colon.)

                      · The zipper pulls are very small. They would be impossible for me to
                      operate while wearing gloves. I am going to try adding a small piece of
                      cord to make them easier to grip.
                      [EDIT] If you haven't actually used gloves you should reword this so it
                      isn't projecting. Such as, "I believe they would be impossible for me?"
                      at a minimum.

                      ---END---

                    • Mark Wood
                      Message 10 of 24 , Jun 16, 2006
                        JET:

                        So sorry about the typos. Guess I really should have proofed it better.

                        Thanks for the good edits!

                        Mark

                      • Chuck Carnes
                        Message 11 of 24 , Aug 28, 2006
                          I am back from a great weekend trip with my kids. I
                          will finish up my GG Stratus LTR and the Surefire LTR
                          and get those posted by tomorrow with this past
                          weekends testing.

                          Chuck

                          http://mail.yahoo.com
                        • Chuck Carnes
                          Message 12 of 24 , Oct 11, 2006
                            Aloha!!
                            I had to say that... it's all I have been saying for
                            the past 2 weeks. I am back from my much needed
                            vacation.

                            The hiking was unbelievable...beautiful scenery,
                            waterfalls and coast line. I would like to post
                            pictures but I don't have an online photo place that I
                            could upload some of them, any suggestions?

                            I need to go away more often, I got picked for two
                            tests that I didn't even apply for...cool!! If I did,
                            I don't remember. My mind has been erased from the
                            lush, green landscape and the cool mountain waterfalls
                            and the beautiful Hawaian girls in their grass skirts
                            and their big brown coconu.... oh sorry... I was
                            getting swept away. :)

                            Anyway, I am back on track and trying to thumb through
                            the many, many e-mails.

                            Chuck Carnes

                            http://mail.yahoo.com
                          • Greg Mehojah
                            Message 13 of 24 , Oct 11, 2006
                              Welcome back Chuck. I need to get back to Kauai at some point. I use
                              Webshots (www.webshots.com <http://www.webshots.com/> ) for al my online
                              photo posting. Free!!!!!!

                              Greg

                              _____

                              Message 14 of 24 , Oct 11, 2006
                                Cool! thanks. I will upload some pictures soon and
                                share with you guys.

                                Yea, we went to Maui and Oahu. Kauai would def. be my
                                next choice to visit.

                                Chuck

                                --- Greg Mehojah <gmehojah3@...> wrote:

                                > Welcome back Chuck. I need to get back to Kauai at
                                > some point. I use
                                > Webshots (www.webshots.com
                                > <http://www.webshots.com/> ) for al my online
                                > photo posting. Free!!!!!!
                                >

                                > Greg
                                >

                                > _____

                                http://mail.yahoo.com
                              • Chuck Carnes
                                Message 15 of 24 , Nov 6, 2006
                                  I am back from a COLD weekend. It hit 21 F Friday
                                  night with a slight breeze and about 28 F Saturday
                                  night. I got in some good testing though. Back to work
                                  now.

                                  Chuck Carnes

                                  http://new.mail.yahoo.com
                                • Chuck Carnes
                                  Message 16 of 24 , Dec 4, 2006
                                    I am back from my weekend trip. It was a great trip
                                    with great weather. Got some very good testing in on
                                    the LaSpotivas' and some other gear.

                                    Chuck Carnes

                                    Want to start your own business?
                                    Learn how on Yahoo! Small Business.
                                    http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/r-index
                                  • Chuck Carnes
                                    Message 17 of 24 , Jan 15, 2007
                                      I am back frm my Linville Gorge trip. Lots of e-mails
                                      to work through and 3 reports I gotta spit out. It's
                                      just great being back. :)

                                      Chuck Carnes

                                    • Chuck Carnes
                                      Message 18 of 24 , Jun 28, 2007
                                        I am back from Africa....amazing trip!!!

                                        Lots of e-mails to read through so hopefully I will
                                        get back into the swing of things shortly.

                                        Chuck Carnes

                                        http://sims.yahoo.com/
                                      • Ralph Ditton
                                        Message 19 of 24 , Jun 28, 2007
                                          How many kwachas got yer when you landed back in the US of A?

                                          You know that they aren't worth a brass razoo. <g>

                                          Ralph

                                          _____

                                          Message 20 of 24 , Aug 7, 2007
                                            Sorry...I've been BIP since yesterday. This is my
                                            official notice.

                                            Chuck Carnes

                                          • Chuck Carnes
                                            Message 21 of 24 , Oct 22, 2007
                                              Well...I made it. The Disney trip with the kids was
                                              great. I'll spare everyone the trip report.

                                              Chuck Carnes

                                              http://mail.yahoo.com
                                            • Chuck Carnes
                                              Message 22 of 24 , May 9, 2008