RE: [BackpackGearTest] OOP Marie-Noelle

  • Marie-Noelle Augendre
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2005
      From what I've read in some travel guide, they've kept some habits from
      the French 18th century colonists (vocabulary, accent), while we've got
      the French Revolution (1789) in France, which sanctioned the middle
      classes influence.

      I've sort of fallen in love with the trapper-like way of life, and am
      very eager to go back there. I'm actually planning to go canoeing two
      weeks this summer, and another two weeks dog-sledding next winter.

      Meanwhile, I guess I'll have to stay in France for backpacking; as we
      say in France: "les voyages forment la jeunesse", but they're a bit
      expensive too!

      Marie-Noelle

      --- Chief Moderator <ChiefModerator@...> a écrit :

      Yes, ma'am, they are. I figured that was where you were going. I'd be
      interested in your impressions. I've heard it said they try to be more
      French than the French.... =o)

      Jerry