Big Sky Teton Tents

  • Nazdarovye
    Message 1 of 15 , Apr 29, 2005
      I've seen these popping up a lot lately:

      http://www.bigskyproducts.com/tetontents/TetonEvolution2Pdetails.htm

      http://www.BigSkyProducts.com

      They look intriguing; anyone familiar with them, and might we have a
      chance to test them?

      - Steve
    • WoodlandSprite
      Message 2 of 15 , Apr 29, 2005
        they're the ones that stuck us with those little plastic cups (cup2go)
        I keep meaning to knock on their door again to see if they want something bigger to test with us..

        Will add it to my list...

        Nazdarovye <nazdarovye@...> wrote:
        I've seen these popping up a lot lately:

        http://www.bigskyproducts.com/tetontents/TetonEvolution2Pdetails.htm

        http://www.BigSkyProducts.com

        They look intriguing; anyone familiar with them, and might we have a
        chance to test them?

        - Steve

        Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Edward Ripley-Duggan
        Message 3 of 15 , Apr 29, 2005
          Quite interesting... I had missed seeing these. Thanks, Steve. Not that I'm
          going to buy one, but it's interesting to know about. I'll be in line with
          my app if we get offered them...

          At 02:22 PM 4/29/05, you wrote:
          >they're the ones that stuck us with those little plastic cups (cup2go)
          >I keep meaning to knock on their door again to see if they want something
          >bigger to test with us..
          >
          >Will add it to my list...
          >
          >Nazdarovye <nazdarovye@...> wrote:
          >I've seen these popping up a lot lately:
          >
          ><http://www.bigskyproducts.com/tetontents/TetonEvolution2Pdetails.htm>http://www.bigskyproducts.com/tetontents/TetonEvolution2Pdetails.htm
          >
          >http://www.BigSkyProducts.com
          >
          >They look intriguing; anyone familiar with them, and might we have a
          >chance to test them?
          >
          >- Steve
          >

          >Yahoo! Groups Links

          > *
          > <mailto:backpackgeartesters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe>backpackgeartesters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
          >
          > *

          Reply to: erd@...
          WILSEY RARE BOOKS, MEMBER ABAA
          http://www.wilsey.net
          Phone: (845) 657-7057 Fax: (845) 657-2366
        • Emma Eyeball
          Message 4 of 15 , Apr 29, 2005
            --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, Nazdarovye
            <nazdarovye@y...> wrote:
            > I've seen these popping up a lot lately:
            >
            > http://www.bigskyproducts.com/tetontents/TetonEvolution2Pdetails.htm
            >
            > http://www.BigSkyProducts.com
            >
            > They look intriguing; anyone familiar with them, and might we have a
            > chance to test them?
            >
            > - Steve

            i got to see them at the ADZPCTKO. they looked very well-made and like
            a very nice (LIGHT) option for folks who like more traditional tents.
            i'm out of the market for 2-person tents for a while, but yeah, they'd
            be cool to test.

            -c.
          • Pascal Deschenes
            Message 5 of 15 , Apr 29, 2005
              There has been a discussion about this very tent on the
              BackpackingLight group this week. It seems pretty much
              like the MSR Hubba Hubba unless a bit lighter and roomier
              with carbon fiber pole option.

              I wish I could have a hand on it. Maybe I could act as
              a canadien distributor for them:-)

              Pascal

              --- Emma Eyeball <tarbubble@...> wrote:
              > --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, Nazdarovye
              > <nazdarovye@y...> wrote:
              > > I've seen these popping up a lot lately:
              > >

              > http://www.bigskyproducts.com/tetontents/TetonEvolution2Pdetails.htm
              > >
              > > http://www.BigSkyProducts.com
              > >
              > > They look intriguing; anyone familiar with them, and might we have
              > > chance to test them?
              > >
              > > - Steve
              >
              > i got to see them at the ADZPCTKO. they looked very well-made and
              > like
              > a very nice (LIGHT) option for folks who like more traditional tents.
              >
              > i'm out of the market for 2-person tents for a while, but yeah,
              > they'd
              > be cool to test.
              >
              > -c.

              http://mail.yahoo.com
            • Roger Caffin
              Message 6 of 15 , Apr 29, 2005
                That tent, the Teton Evolution 2P:

                It seems to have a great big eye-hole at each end. Is this backed up with
                plastic or with netting? They only list netting.
                If the latter, what happens when the wind starts to blow rain and sleet
                around? In fact, what happens to the rain that runs down the roof above the
                eye? It looks as though it should pour straight inside the tent.

                They claim a double wall construction to prevent condensation, but then they
                list no-see-um netting for the inner tent - I THINK. Is this no-see-um mesh
                meant to stop condensation?

                Sorry to be so negative, but I am curious as to just what weather this tent
                is meant for.

                Cheers
                Roger Caffin
              • Chief Moderator
                Message 7 of 15 , May 2, 2005
                  Yes, it has a plastic window.....how else could it work?? I actually prefer
                  netting for the inner wall. While good ventilation will help, nothing will
                  stop condensation. The inner wall stops you from coming in contact with the
                  condensation, though. Having the inner wall mesh greatly increases the
                  tent's flexibility. I've always needed more ventilation and bug protection.
                  In winter or cold weather I use a different style of tent.

                  BTW, I have the Evolution 1P set up on my test stand. I'll have a Revolution
                  1P directly. We'll be testing them in the near future.

                  Jerry

                  reviews and tests on the planet.

                  Message 8 of 15 , May 2, 2005
                    > BTW, I have the Evolution 1P set up on my test stand. I'll have a
                    > Revolution
                    > 1P directly. We'll be testing them in the near future.

                    Youuhouuu!!

                    http://mail.yahoo.com
                  • Fuzzy
                    Message 9 of 15 , May 2, 2005
                      --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, Pascal Deschenes
                      <pasde@y...> wrote:
                      > > BTW, I have the Evolution 1P set up on my test stand. I'll have a
                      > > Revolution
                      > > 1P directly. We'll be testing them in the near future.
                      >
                      > Youuhouuu!!

                      What he said!

                      Fuzzy
                    • Andy Mytys
                      Message 10 of 15 , May 2, 2005
                        I've still got the Mountain Laurel Designs poncho tarps on my radar.

                        http://www.mountainlaureldesigns.com/tarps.html

                        <nazdarovye@y...> wrote:
                        > I've seen these popping up a lot lately:
                        >
                        > http://www.bigskyproducts.com/tetontents/TetonEvolution2Pdetails.htm
                        >
                        > http://www.BigSkyProducts.com
                        >
                        > They look intriguing; anyone familiar with them, and might we have a
                        > chance to test them?
                        >
                        > - Steve
                      • Chief Moderator
                        Message 11 of 15 , May 2, 2005
                          Don't bother. I'm helping them with the pre-production testing of the tents.
                          When we're both happy with them they will submit them for testing. I've got
                          one in my backyard now.

                          Jerry

                          they're the ones that stuck us with those little plastic cups (cup2go)
                          I keep meaning to knock on their door again to see if they want something
                          bigger to test with us..

                          Will add it to my list...

                          Nazdarovye <nazdarovye@...> wrote:
                          I've seen these popping up a lot lately:

                          http://www.bigskyproducts.com/tetontents/TetonEvolution2Pdetails.htm

                          http://www.BigSkyProducts.com

                          They look intriguing; anyone familiar with them, and might we have a
                          chance to test them?

                          - Steve

                          Yahoo! Groups Links

                          _____

                          Yahoo! Groups Links

                          <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

                        • Nazdarovye
                          Message 12 of 15 , May 2, 2005
                            Sounds great! The two-person ones look particularly appealing - can't
                            wait to hear more about them.

                            - Steve

                            On May 2, 2005, at 12:43 PM, Chief Moderator wrote:

                            > Don't bother. I'm helping them with the pre-production testing of the
                            > tents.
                            > When we're both happy with them they will submit them for testing.
                            > I've got
                            > one in my backyard now.
                            >
                            > Jerry
                          • Tyler Nagel
                            Message 13 of 15 , May 2, 2005
                              Any idea how soon in the near future?

                              <pasde@y...> wrote:
                              > > BTW, I have the Evolution 1P set up on my test stand. I'll have a
                              > > Revolution
                              > > 1P directly. We'll be testing them in the near future.
                              >
                              > Youuhouuu!!

                              > http://mail.yahoo.com
                            • Chief Moderator
                              Message 14 of 15 , May 3, 2005
                                Nope. They are still tweaking them. But I think it is pretty close.

                                Jerry

                                _____

                              • rosaleen43@aol.com
                                Message 15 of 15 , May 3, 2005
                                  Emma-

                                  How about 2 two person tents? One for hubby with one child, one for you with
                                  the other child????

                                  8-)

                                  Rosaleen
                                  From: "Emma Eyeball" <tarbubble@...>