Re: Do we test ARC'TERYX ?

  • rayestrella1
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 1, 2006
      --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "nazdarovye"
      <nazdarovye@...> wrote:
      > LOL! I'm impressed by Jim's Arc'teryx list as well.
      >it would be fun to test their gear if they decide to give us a whirl.

      My bro-in-law loves them and has a ton of their stuff. (He also has a
      lot more $ than me.) Most of his winter gear is from them, and we do a
      lot of winter stuff.

      I would love to get them on board.

      Ray
    • JimSabis@aol.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 1, 2006
        In a message dated 9/1/2006 8:56:00 PM Eastern Standard Time,
        rayestrella@... writes:
        Wow! I thought I was a gear 'ho. I'm not worthy.

        LOL!!!!

        I'm just a sale hound. I haven't paid list for any of it. My prize purchase
        is the Khamsin 38. Found it on the clearance rack at Campmor about two years
        ago for $50!

        <<<<<<<<<<

        I use the Bora 95 ('05) now. I have a few of their silver impregnated
        under garments that I am still evaluating. I left one of the new soft
        shells on a plane a week after I got it last January. (Can I write an
        Owner Review? Paradise Lost &)

        A very good pack, but the earlier Arc'Teryx packs were heavy and stiff. Top
        quality, dead reliable heavy load carriers, but the real innovative packs have
        been coming from them in the last few years. The Khamsin and M series put them
        on the map for me as far as packs go. The Needles were next. The AC2 series
        just shows how good they can be.

        Jim S.

        "Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of
        the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

      • Jason Boyle
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 1, 2006
          > I would love to get them on board.
          >
          > Ray

          I went to talk to them at the show and was basically shooshed away.
          In my opinion, if we want to test with them then we need to get as
          many OR's on the site as possible to beef up our numbers. I think the
          number of unique hits we are getting is what has brought some other
          big companies on board.

          I have never used any Arcteryx stuff myself, and to be honest I am not
          sure what the big deal is. I would like to catch some of their stuff
          on sale at steep and cheap or REI clearance but have not done so yet.

          Hope that helps,
          Jason B
        • Rick D.
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 2, 2006
            Nice list :-)

            I can give you a run on packs, but only have a couple of their shirts
            in the clothing realm.

            Khamsin 30, 38 and 50; M-30, Snoyo and Sebring.

            Historically, their packs have been a good combination of bombproof
            and comfortable. The Khamsin series, in their time, were also worthy
            "lightweight" options. Now they seem pretty heavy but boy, they're
            well made and comfy.

            --Rick