EDITS: Princeton Tec Quad - Coy

  • Will Rietveld
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2006
      Hi Coy. Good thorough report, and thanks for including some good photos. I have a few edits and comments. The html version looks good. Upload when ready, and be sure to check your hyperlinks and delete your report in the test folder. Best regards, Will Rietveld, Test Monitor

      MSRP: Not Given
      COMMENT: I found it on internet stores at $29.95

      Initial Impression
      EDIT: Impressions (plural because you have more than one impression)

      I will have to say that when on high beam the Quad puts out some serious light.
      Working through the various beam setting is also simple.
      EDIT: settings

      To turn the light off, just wait at least 2 seconds
      before mashing the power button. Simple but efficient.
      COMMENT: I suggest "pressing" instead of mashing. Mashing means mixing something up.

      I will see how well the light performs for different task.
      EDIT: tasks

      Can I see well enough to cook super with the low beam
      setting?
      EDIT: supper

      This one appears to be a small red light that comes on or blinks when the
      batteries need replaced.
      EDIT: batteries need to be replaced

      If it comes on on the first night of a multi-day trip, how long can I milk
      the light using the low beam?
      COMMENT: I suggest saying "continue to use the light" instead of "milking the light"
      EDIT: delete the second "on"

      I will be testing in the southeaster US with trips into the local
      mountains of Tennessee, Georgia, and North Carolina.
      EDIT: southeastern

    • Coy
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 1, 2006
        Thanks Will, I am taking most onboard. See my reasons below.

        --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "Will Rietveld"
        <willi_wabbit@...> wrote:

        > Hi Coy. Good thorough report, and thanks for including some good
        photos. I have a few edits and comments. The html version looks
        good. Upload when ready, and be sure to check your hyperlinks and
        delete your report in the test folder. Best regards, Will Rietveld,
        Test Monitor

        > MSRP: Not Given
        > COMMENT: I found it on internet stores at $29.95

        yep, me to, but nothing on the website so I will leave it as is.

        > Initial Impression
        > EDIT: Impressions (plural because you have more than one
        impression)

        Technically you might be right. However, when I ask someone about
        somethiong I usually ask, "what is your impression of this item".
        Will change to impressions though.

        > I will have to say that when on high beam the Quad puts out some
        serious light.
        > Working through the various beam setting is also simple.
        > EDIT: settings

        yep, will fix

        > To turn the light off, just wait at least 2 seconds
        > before mashing the power button. Simple but efficient.
        > COMMENT: I suggest "pressing" instead of mashing. Mashing means
        mixing something up.

        not whur I come from...will leave as is.

        > I will see how well the light performs for different task.
        > EDIT: tasks

        yep, sounds funny though...will fix

        > Can I see well enough to cook super with the low beam
        > setting?
        > EDIT: supper

        yep, will fix

        > This one appears to be a small red light that comes on or blinks
        when the
        > batteries need replaced.
        > EDIT: batteries need to be replaced

        Hmmm, I see no need to change but will as your way is just as good a
        s mine.

        > If it comes on on the first night of a multi-day trip, how long
        can I milk
        > the light using the low beam?
        > COMMENT: I suggest saying "continue to use the light" instead
        of "milking the light"

        OK, but I like my way better, still will change for sake of
        clarity.

        > EDIT: delete the second "on"

        Why? Maybe I will change it to If it starts blinking on the...

        > I will be testing in the southeaster US with trips into the local
        > mountains of Tennessee, Georgia, and North Carolina.
        > EDIT: southeastern

        Yep, will fix

        Thanks again.

        Coy Boy
      • Jerry Goller
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 1, 2006
          reviews and tests on the planet.

          Hi Coy. Good thorough report, and thanks for including some good photos. I
          have a few edits and comments. The html version looks good. Upload when
          ready, and be sure to check your hyperlinks and delete your report in the
          test folder. Best regards, Will Rietveld, Test Monitor

          MSRP: Not Given
          COMMENT: I found it on internet stores at $29.95

          ### As we don't use prices from anyplace but the manufacturers website
          (MSRP) this isn't relevant. ###

          Initial Impression
          EDIT: Impressions (plural because you have more than one impression)

          ### Not important. Just a bit picayune, Will.... ;o) A first impression
          can certainly encompass more than one thing. ###

          I will have to say that when on high beam the Quad puts out some serious
          light.
          Working through the various beam setting is also simple.
          EDIT: settings

          To turn the light off, just wait at least 2 seconds before mashing the power
          button. Simple but efficient.
          COMMENT: I suggest "pressing" instead of mashing. Mashing means mixing
          something up.

          ### Style issue. "Mashing the button" certainly isn't that unusual. ###

          I will see how well the light performs for different task.
          EDIT: tasks

          Can I see well enough to cook super with the low beam setting?
          EDIT: supper

          This one appears to be a small red light that comes on or blinks when the
          batteries need replaced.
          EDIT: batteries need to be replaced

          If it comes on on the first night of a multi-day trip, how long can I milk
          the light using the low beam?
          COMMENT: I suggest saying "continue to use the light" instead of "milking
          the light"
          EDIT: delete the second "on"

          ### This one I'll have to agree with Will on. That was a little unclear as
          to meaning. ###

          I will be testing in the southeaster US with trips into the local mountains
          of Tennessee, Georgia, and North Carolina.
          EDIT: southeastern

          Jerry

          Yahoo! Groups Links