Re: [backpackgeartesters] Re: Rain gear

  • Edward Ripley-Duggan
    Message 1 of 57 , Sep 1, 2006
      My sympathies. I've had something similar happen when x-c skiing,
      when half-way through a turn (gentle at that). One steel-edged ski,
      riding on said edge for the turn, broke through the crust and came to
      an abrupt stop and rotated (as best I can judge in the aftermath). A
      few years ago. I assume you are out of the cast, or almost out?

      Ted.

      Intentionally, it occasionally destroys one's fibula,
      >especially when one's left foot has it's toes stopped by an unexpected
      >obstacle and rotates outward and one's weight then crumples one's knee
      >forward and down.
      >I am now 8 weeks past that event. Drat! (But all my clothing and
      >equipment was just fine.)
      >
      >Rick
    • Andrew Priest
      Message 57 of 57 , Sep 30, 2006
        At 01:57 PM 2/09/2006, you wrote:
        >You could always do the old golf course trick....

        Which reminds me ... the said person I assume referred to silently in
        this comment has been very quiet since I suggested he need
        counselling for his views of BGT. Might keep that comment in reserve
        for future like minded people :-)

        Andrew