Re: [backpackgeartesters] Re: Rain gear

  • Rick
    Message 1 of 57 , Sep 1 4:24 AM
      AsABat wrote:
      > Glissading shouldn't destroy anything. Sliding on one's rear can.
      > Glissading is properly done on one's feet.
      >
      > Bill

      When done unintentionally, it occasionally destroys one's fibula,
      especially when one's left foot has it's toes stopped by an unexpected
      obstacle and rotates outward and one's weight then crumples one's knee
      forward and down.
      I am now 8 weeks past that event. Drat! (But all my clothing and
      equipment was just fine.)

      Rick
    • Andrew Priest
      Message 57 of 57 , Sep 30 3:15 AM
        At 01:57 PM 2/09/2006, you wrote:
        >You could always do the old golf course trick....

        Which reminds me ... the said person I assume referred to silently in
        this comment has been very quiet since I suggested he need
        counselling for his views of BGT. Might keep that comment in reserve
        for future like minded people :-)

        Andrew