EDIT/APPROVAL: LTR - Big Sky Warm n Cozy Pants - Leesa

  • nazdarovye
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 30, 2006
      Hi Leesa -

      Your LTR looks good overall - I have just a few edits, given below.

      If you do any substantial rewriting or additions, run it by me one
      last time; otherwise, you're free to post when you've addressed my
      edits and suggestions.

      Thanks for taking over this series - sounds like a nice product, and
      I've appreciated your reports!

      Regards,
      Steve

      [EDITS FOLLOW:]

      We have had approximately 4 in (10 cm)
      of rain in the last four weeks.
      ***EDIT COMMENT: This and the following descriptions of all the rain
      you'd had before, plus your statement "haven't had any opportunities
      to wear these pants in the rain since my Field Report" didn't appear
      to jibe at first glance. I probably just read it wrong the first time
      around (obviously it could have rained, but you didn't get a chance to
      get out into the wet weather), but consider rewording slightly to make
      clear what you want to say about the weather during Long Term testing,
      and what you actually got to experience.

      Later in the test period when the
      weather warms, I will be looking at how much heat builds up inside the
      pants.
      ***EDIT: Looks like you missed this one since the FR; what did you find?

      How breathable are they?The pants keep my legs dry in all but the
      heaviest downpours. They also block wind very well. I haven't had a
      problem with excessive heat, even when worn in warm, humid weather.
      ***EDIT SUGGESTION: These seem out of order coming after the comment
      on heat buildup and also referencing your list of questions; consider
      rewording so that your answers are in the order of questions posed, or
      even placed after each question

      SummaryI've found these pants to be a great addition to my pack.
      ***EDIT: Probably a Yahooism, but make sure there's a line break
      inside "SummaryI've"

      The Warm-n-Cozy pants have definitely earned their (very
      small) place in my pack.
      ***EDIT SUGGESTION: Consider "very compact" or some other wording to
      eliminate the possible other meanings that some might find in the
      current wording (e.g. "small" could mean "compact" or it could mean
      "relatively unimportant" or "infrequently used"; that said, I'll leave
      this entirely up to you)

      [END OF EDITS]