ARRIVED: Makaira Metalworks WildWood I Backpacking stove - Becki S

  • becki_s19
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 21, 2006
      ARRIVED: Makaira Metalworks WildWood I Backpacking stove - Becki S

      My hubby (who is home sick from work) called to let me know that the
      stove came in today via Priority Mail. I had to warn him not to play
      with it until I came home, now he's demanding a box of powdered
      doughnuts for it's safekeeping ;)
    • Andrew Priest
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 30, 2006
        At 12:51 AM 22/08/2006, you wrote:
        >ARRIVED: Makaira Metalworks WildWood I Backpacking stove - Becki S

        Becki

        Can you please help me out by signing your emails with your name please.

        Thanks
        Sir Andrew
      • becki_s19
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 30, 2006
          --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Priest
          <apriest@...> wrote:
          > At 12:51 AM 22/08/2006, you wrote:
          > >ARRIVED: Makaira Metalworks WildWood I Backpacking stove - Becki S
          >
          > Becki
          > Can you please help me out by signing your emails with your name
          please.

          > Thanks
          > Sir Andrew

          Andrew-

          Do you need my full name, then? -Becki Stacy as opposed to just Becki
          S???
        • Andrew Priest
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 30, 2006
            At 08:06 AM 1/10/2006, you wrote:

            >Andrew-
            >
            >Do you need my full name, then? -Becki Stacy as opposed to just Becki
            >S???

            Either. I just need you to sign your emails so I can work out who it
            is posting it and can record details if appropriate.

            Andrew
          • becki_s19
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 1, 2006
              *scratches head*
              I copied the full subject line (which included my name) into the body
              of the message, like a good little tester (since I got a nasty notice
              before about the subject line not showing up for those who get the e-
              mail digest version). Thought that should do it for ID'ing me.....
              it's showing up ok on the list online..... did it not show in the
              digest, or did you think you had double vision?? ;)

              Becki S

              > Either. I just need you to sign your emails so I can work out who it
              > is posting it and can record details if appropriate.
              >
              > Andrew

            • Andrew Priest
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 1, 2006
                At 05:26 AM 2/10/2006, you wrote:
                >*scratches head*
                >I copied the full subject line (which included my name) into the body
                >of the message, like a good little tester (since I got a nasty notice
                >before about the subject line not showing up for those who get the e-
                >mail digest version). Thought that should do it for ID'ing me.....
                >it's showing up ok on the list online..... did it not show in the
                >digest, or did you think you had double vision?? ;)

                Dear Becki

                It was a simple request for you to put your name to your emails. If
                it is too hard for you to put your name on it or if I missed it so be
                it. It is this sort of the rubbish that makes me question why I
                bother continuing with BGT. I have just wasted my bloody weekend
                processing (not just reading) well in the vicinity of 1600 emails
                plus reviewing nearly two months of uploads to get caught up on BGT
                stuff. I don't need your sort of emails.

                So take your multiple question marks and other symbols and do what
                you like with them.

                I am moving on .... either work with me or don't. I don't give a rats anymore.

                Regards
              • becki_s19
                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 1, 2006
                  Andrew-

                  I apologize for any problems I've caused- at first I wasn't sure if
                  it was a request to use my full name, since there is another
                  Rebecca, and I hadn't really been paying attention if another Becky
                  with an "S" last name had recently joined up. I did include my name
                  in the body of the mentioned message, albiet at the top where I had
                  copied the subject line. I can switch to posting my name at the
                  bottom of the e-mails also, I just didn't think I needed to at the
                  time.

                  All the other fluff in the e-mail was my misguided attempt at
                  levity, at myself since I have been guilty of forgetting to copy the
                  subject line into the message body in the past, and had to be
                  reminded of my error. The other bit was that at times I've been up
                  all hours myself reading/writing/editing reviews that sometimes I
                  wasn't sure *what* was in front of my eyes. Maybe I'm getting too
                  punchy, as I've been busy 2 weeks straight (something going on after
                  work EVERY night) and have not had much/good sleep. Just tell me
                  if you think I'm getting a bit out of whack, I honestly never meant
                  any disrespect. Yeah, I probably should have also pointed out that
                  my name was in the body when I asked you if you wanted my full name,
                  my bad.

                  I also apologize for the e-mail about Pam's report not being in the
                  Report list, I didn't notice the blurb about reports after a certain
                  date may not be included, I just noticed the report in between doing
                  3 edits today (since I have 2 more comming in sometime this week,
                  and I'm busy every night until Friday) and thought it wouldn't hurt
                  to let you know.

                  Honestly, I'm working with you. I probably would've played the
                  whole thing straight if I knew you were stressing this weekend.

                  -Becki S