Re: [backpackgeartesters] Double Rainbow: Worth a newbie applying?

  • gmehojah3@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 3, 2006
      Whew! At least I only have one name to remember :)

      Message 2 of 15 , Jul 3, 2006
        My $.02.

        If it's a really good app, you might get selected even though you
        are a newbie. My first app turned into my first test and it was a
        pricey piece of gear. I've applied for smaller ticket items and got
        them, and on some others I got denied. It happens. I'm not testing
        much right now and may not do much "big ticket" (ie bags, weekend
        packs, tents) this season (much to my dismay) since I may be doing
        primarily day hikes/basecamps for a while (I find out this week if I
        have to relocate for a new job or not). There's been a TON of stuff
        I'd like to test (like the Double Rainbow--actually, I REALLY would
        have liked the Rainbow) don't think I could test as well as others.

        My advice: If there's something you can do a good job of testing,
        apply. If you don't think you can give it a fair shake, hold off.

        And with that, I'm off to finish my IR for the Play and Freeze...
        already have two batches of ice cream down and have to eat some...
        er... um... TEST some more!

        -Amanda
        http://www.uberpest.com
      • Greg Mehojah
        Message 3 of 15 , Jul 3, 2006
          BTW, if anyone testing the Play and Freeze wants my super secret family
          recipe for our famous Butter Finger ice cream, just drop me a note (making
          some tomorrow, as is our 4th of July tradition).

          Greg