Re: [backpackgeartesters] Re: Test Call: I scream, you scream...

  • WoodlandSprite
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 1, 2006
      Lol - yes, bonus points for someone who intends to actually go hiking with it...

      ;)
      -Steph

      becki_s19 <becki_s19@...> wrote:
      Steph-

      I'm guessing by the nature of this item Car Camping 'nights' would be
      accepted for potential testers?

      ...although there was that time when I was a volunteer in the Grand
      Canyon and I filled up almost all our water jugs with ice so we would
      have cold water all the way down 8)

      Becki

      Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Jennifer
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 1, 2006
        > We all scream for Ice Cream :D

        I currently have 3 kinds of ice cream in my freezer in addition to a
        few other kinds of frozen desserts on sticks. I will definitely be
        applying for this one!

        Jennifer P.
      • Rosaleen Sullivan
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 1, 2006
          Stephanie-

          Since you mention a base camp, I assume no one will expect us to actually take this backpacking, right?

          I wonder if an alternative use might be as a clothes washer? Add a shirt, shorts, and socks, to some soapy water in the ball, kick it around. Dump the dirty water, rinse a few times by kicking the ball around with fresh changes of water, wring out the clothes, hang to dry. Wash out the ball, toss in some clean water and some foraged greens, and kick the ball around to wash that "poke salad." Hmm!

          Rosaleen

          From: "Stephanie Martin" stephanie@...<about:blank>
          Subject: Test Call: I scream, you scream...

          We all scream for Ice Cream :D

          Now you too can have ice cream at your basecamp...if you're willing to
          bring in the ice cubes and rock salt that is :D

          http://icecreamrevolution.com/index.html<about:blank>

          I'm looking forward to reading about your proposed ice cream adventures in
          your applications. Plesae include your non-guaranteed color preference.
          One item newbie rule is not in effect, international testers presumed
          okay. This test call will close on Thursday June 8 at 11:59pm MST/PDT.
          Include "Play and Freeze Ice Cream Maker" in the subject line.

          Summer is here ;)
          -Steph

        • Roger Caffin
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 1, 2006
            > We all scream for Ice Cream :D
            > Now you too can have ice cream at your basecamp...if you're willing to
            > bring in the ice cubes and rock salt that is :D

            Words fail me.

            More seriously, I hope this does not chew up valuable Test Monitors and limit our ability to test more 'conventional'
            gear.

            Cheers
            Roger Caffin
          • Jerry Goller
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 1, 2006
              You've obviously never been hiking with the California Sierras crews. I
              think they take wood fired hot tubs with them.

              They are a strange people..... ;o)

              Jerry

              reviews and tests on the planet.

              > Now you too can have ice cream at your basecamp...if you're willing to
              > bring in the ice cubes and rock salt that is :D

              Words fail me.

              More seriously, I hope this does not chew up valuable Test Monitors and
              limit our ability to test more 'conventional'
              gear.

              Cheers
              Roger Caffin

              ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> You
              can search right from your browser? It's easy and it's free. See how.
              http://us.click.yahoo.com/_7bhrC/NGxNAA/yQLSAA/60TolB/TM
            • Emma Eyeball
              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 2, 2006
                --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, WoodlandSprite
                <cl_woodlandsprite@...> wrote:

                > Lol - yes, bonus points for someone who intends to actually go
                hiking with it...

                the high country of the Sierra Nevada (and i assume other comparably
                high ranges) will have snowy passes until at least July. if these
                arrive quickly enough it's conceivable that they could be used on a
                backpacking trip. hmmm. can you make ice cream with reconstituted
                whole milk? hmmm.

                -colleen
              • rayestrella1
                Message 7 of 10 , Jun 3, 2006
                  --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "Jerry Goller"
                  <ChiefModerator@...> wrote:

                  > You've obviously never been hiking with the California Sierras
                  crews. I
                  > think they take wood fired hot tubs with them.
                  >
                  > They are a strange people..... ;o)

                  Hey now....

                  I use IsoButanePropane mix. Wood is so heavy, give us a break Brah..

                  Ray
                • Rebecca
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jun 5, 2006
                    Don't forget the monkey butlers and fresh blended margaritas (with little
                    umbrellas, of course).

                    Rebecca (proud member of the Northern CA hikers group and still catching up
                    on email after a long OOP)