Re: [backpackgeartesters] Re: Status of Seal Line Dry Sack

  • Alex Tweedly
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 1, 2006
      bigdawgryan wrote:

      >--- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, Alex Tweedly <alex@...> wrote:
      >

      >>AFAIK, it's in process - the Gods (sorry, Mods) are ruminating (or
      >>whatever they do)
      >>
      >>Dare I ask why you want to know ? (or, to put it another way, I didn't
      >>see an application from you for this test (and just re-searched the
      >>Yahoo group to check).
      >>

      >Alex,
      >
      >Check number post #18572 -- that would be my application to test this
      >product.

      Thanks Ryan - that slipped past me (both initially, and when I
      re-checked yesterday, due to the oddities in spelling of the product
      name - I filtered and searched on "seal line" so I missed it)- but I see
      it now. With luck, decisions should be made soon.

      --
      Alex Tweedly http://www.tweedly.net

    • bigdawgryan
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 1, 2006
        --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, Alex Tweedly <alex@...> wrote:

        > ...slipped past me (both initially, and when I
        > re-checked yesterday, due to the oddities in spelling of the product
        > name...

        Alex,

        Sorry, I took the spelling right from the manufacturer's website?
      • Andrew Priest
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 2, 2006
          At 01:16 PM 2/06/2006, you wrote:
          >--- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, Alex Tweedly <alex@...> wrote:
          >
          > > ...slipped past me (both initially, and when I
          > > re-checked yesterday, due to the oddities in spelling of the product
          > > name...
          >
          >Alex,
          >
          >Sorry, I took the spelling right from the manufacturer's website?

          mmm, on the SealLine about page <http://seallinegear.com/about_us/>,
          it is spelt SealLine. How did you spell it?

          Andrew
        • Alex Tweedly
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 2, 2006
            Andrew Priest wrote:

            >mmm, on the SealLine about page <http://seallinegear.com/about_us/>,
            >it is spelt SealLine. How did you spell it?

            Ryan spelt it correctly as SealLine (all one word). The web site only
            uses the name in simple text on (approx) one page, every other place it
            shows up as a graphic - and from the graphic you can't tell whether it's
            one word or two (looks more like two - but it's a logo, not text).

            Dennis' original message, my test call and most of the other email since
            used "Seal Line" (two words).

            I set my filtering for "seal line" (i.e. a two-word phrase), so
            unfortunately I missed his app first time round.
            I'll send a follow-up on the management list.

            --
            Alex Tweedly http://www.tweedly.net