Fyrestorm name

  • Edward Ripley-Duggan
    Message 1 of 12 , May 31, 2006
      The Fyrestorm's a really intriguing stove. Kudos to Coleman for
      implementing it. However, am I alone in finding the name somehow
      slightly alarming? Not only does it sound like a heavy metal band
      (though I suppose it would then need have an umlaut over the y, just
      because) but the last thing I want to have when I light my stove
      is... well, a firestorm. Probably too late to suggest an alternate to
      Coleman, and maybe it's just me.
    • Jerry Goller
      Message 2 of 12 , May 31, 2006
        Don't drink the water.....

        Jerry

        _____

        Message 3 of 12 , May 31, 2006
          --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, Edward Ripley-Duggan
          <erd@...> wrote:

          > The Fyrestorm's a really intriguing stove. Kudos to Coleman for
          > implementing it. However, am I alone in finding the name somehow
          > slightly alarming? Not only does it sound like a heavy metal band
          > (though I suppose it would then need have an umlaut over the y, just
          > because) but the last thing I want to have when I light my stove
          > is... well, a firestorm. Probably too late to suggest an alternate to
          > Coleman, and maybe it's just me.

          I think it's kewl!

          ;-)
        • tcoug7
          Message 4 of 12 , May 31, 2006
            I'm dying to hear your alternate suggestions. Remember, they need to
            be something catchy from a marketing perspective. Ol Reliable isn't
            going to cut it. ;)

            This could be fun...

            Tim

            <erd@...> wrote:

            > The Fyrestorm's a really intriguing stove. Kudos to Coleman for
            > implementing it. However, am I alone in finding the name somehow
            > slightly alarming? Not only does it sound like a heavy metal band
            > (though I suppose it would then need have an umlaut over the y, just
            > because) but the last thing I want to have when I light my stove
            > is... well, a firestorm. Probably too late to suggest an alternate
            > Coleman, and maybe it's just me.

          • AsABat
            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 1, 2006
              This is a great name for a stove, sounding very powerful. Unfortunately
              for me, it brings back memories of the Southern California firestorms
              of 2003 where thousands lost their homes and dozens died. The town I
              work in is still remembering its dead and still rebuilding its homes.

              Bill
            • Rick D.
              Message 6 of 12 , Jun 1, 2006
                I'm willing to bet they ruled out "the Dresden" early on.

                (Ducking and covering)

                For UK export, I'm suggesting "the Arthur Brown"
                (those of a "certain age" will understand)

                http://www.godofhellfire.co.uk/60s.htm

                --Rick

                --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "tcoug7" <tcoug7@...>

                Message 7 of 12 , Jun 1, 2006
                  LOL...I had a heck of a time finding a copy of that one a few months ago. I
                  lived in England in the late '60s.....

                  Jerry

                  _____

                  wrote:

                  > I'm dying to hear your alternate suggestions. Remember, they need
                  > be something catchy from a marketing perspective. Ol Reliable
                  isn't
                  > going to cut it. ;)
                  >
                  > This could be fun...
                  >
                  > Tim
                  >
                  > --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, Edward Ripley-Duggan
                  > <erd@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > The Fyrestorm's a really intriguing stove. Kudos to Coleman for
                  > > implementing it. However, am I alone in finding the name somehow
                  > > slightly alarming? Not only does it sound like a heavy metal
                  band
                  > > (though I suppose it would then need have an umlaut over the y,
                  just
                  > > because) but the last thing I want to have when I light my stove
                  > > is... well, a firestorm. Probably too late to suggest an
                  alternate
                  > > Coleman, and maybe it's just me.

                  Outdoor
                  <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Outdoor+recreation&w1=Outdoor+recreatio
                  n&w2=Recreation+vehicles&w3=Gsi+outdoors&w4=Outdoors&w5=Recreation+jobs&w6=R
                  ecreation+jobs&c=6&s=123&.sig=oFEu6xvdIQZDa5H6NxqHUQ> recreation
                  Recreation
                  <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Recreation+vehicles&w1=Outdoor+recreati
                  on&w2=Recreation+vehicles&w3=Gsi+outdoors&w4=Outdoors&w5=Recreation+jobs&w6=
                  Recreation+jobs&c=6&s=123&.sig=sntvw2-82wrdGg8FArPyjQ> vehicles Gsi
                  <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Gsi+outdoors&w1=Outdoor+recreation&w2=R
                  ecreation+vehicles&w3=Gsi+outdoors&w4=Outdoors&w5=Recreation+jobs&w6=Recreat
                  ion+jobs&c=6&s=123&.sig=aFyHKEWMvkvuveBXoxGRkQ> outdoors
                  Outdoors
                  <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Outdoors&w1=Outdoor+recreation&w2=Recre
                  ation+vehicles&w3=Gsi+outdoors&w4=Outdoors&w5=Recreation+jobs&w6=Recreation+
                  jobs&c=6&s=123&.sig=9SDgba5mFnwqIoWVLCJqSA> Recreation
                  <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Recreation+jobs&w1=Outdoor+recreation&w
                  2=Recreation+vehicles&w3=Gsi+outdoors&w4=Outdoors&w5=Recreation+jobs&w6=Recr
                  eation+jobs&c=6&s=123&.sig=Y_4FwVWw5PLv3gIz2-eGxQ> jobs Recreation
                  <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Recreation+jobs&w1=Outdoor+recreation&w
                  2=Recreation+vehicles&w3=Gsi+outdoors&w4=Outdoors&w5=Recreation+jobs&w6=Recr
                  eation+jobs&c=6&s=123&.sig=Y_4FwVWw5PLv3gIz2-eGxQ> jobs

                  _____

                  YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                  * Visit your group "backpackgeartesters
                  <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/backpackgeartesters> " on the web.

                  <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

                  _____

                • swifteagle1_2003
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jun 1, 2006
                    Well I agree,

                    It obviously can't be named: "Colemans pretty good many fuels stove"

                    How about: Tifyre for the titanium version.

                    Just havin fun!

                    Josh C