OOP - Gone to Africa! - Chuck Carnes

  • Chuck Carnes
    Message 1 of 12 , May 31, 2006
      I will be OOP to Africa from June 1-12. I have no
      tests that are affected. I have my pack ready and it
      ended up weighing 42 lbs (19 kg).

      I hope to have some good pictures and great reports
      when I return. Later!

      Chuck Carnes

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • JimSabis@aol.com
      Message 2 of 12 , May 31, 2006
        In a message dated 5/31/2006 10:56:12 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
        ctcarnes1@... writes:

        I will be OOP to Africa from June 1-12. I have no
        tests that are affected. I have my pack ready and it
        ended up weighing 42 lbs (19 kg).

        I hope to have some good pictures and great reports
        when I return. Later!

        Chuck Carnes

        #############

        Have fun!

        Jim S.

        Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of
        the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"

      • tcoug7
        Message 3 of 12 , May 31, 2006
          That's so cool.

          Where are you heading Chuck?

          Tim

          --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, Chuck Carnes

          Message 4 of 12 , May 31, 2006
            Lusaka, Zambia
            Leave out at 6:00 a.m.

            --- tcoug7 <tcoug7@...> wrote:

            > That's so cool.
            >
            > Where are you heading Chuck?
            >
            > Tim
            >
            > --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, Chuck
            > Carnes
            > <ctcarnes1@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > I will be OOP to Africa from June 1-12. I have no
            > > tests that are affected. I have my pack ready and
            > it
            > > ended up weighing 42 lbs (19 kg).

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • Edward Ripley-Duggan
            Message 5 of 12 , May 31, 2006
              The Fyrestorm's a really intriguing stove. Kudos to Coleman for
              implementing it. However, am I alone in finding the name somehow
              slightly alarming? Not only does it sound like a heavy metal band
              (though I suppose it would then need have an umlaut over the y, just
              because) but the last thing I want to have when I light my stove
              is... well, a firestorm. Probably too late to suggest an alternate to
              Coleman, and maybe it's just me.
            • Jerry Goller
              Message 6 of 12 , May 31, 2006
                Don't drink the water.....

                Jerry

                _____

                > > I will be OOP to Africa from June 1-12. I have no
                > > tests that are affected. I have my pack ready and
                > it
                > > ended up weighing 42 lbs (19 kg).

                http://mail.yahoo.com

                Outdoor
                <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Outdoor+recreation&w1=Outdoor+recreatio
                n&w2=Recreation+vehicles&w3=Gsi+outdoors&w4=Outdoors&w5=Recreation+jobs&w6=R
                ecreation+jobs&c=6&s=123&.sig=oFEu6xvdIQZDa5H6NxqHUQ> recreation
                Recreation
                <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Recreation+vehicles&w1=Outdoor+recreati
                on&w2=Recreation+vehicles&w3=Gsi+outdoors&w4=Outdoors&w5=Recreation+jobs&w6=
                Recreation+jobs&c=6&s=123&.sig=sntvw2-82wrdGg8FArPyjQ> vehicles Gsi
                <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Gsi+outdoors&w1=Outdoor+recreation&w2=R
                ecreation+vehicles&w3=Gsi+outdoors&w4=Outdoors&w5=Recreation+jobs&w6=Recreat
                ion+jobs&c=6&s=123&.sig=aFyHKEWMvkvuveBXoxGRkQ> outdoors
                Outdoors
                <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Outdoors&w1=Outdoor+recreation&w2=Recre
                ation+vehicles&w3=Gsi+outdoors&w4=Outdoors&w5=Recreation+jobs&w6=Recreation+
                jobs&c=6&s=123&.sig=9SDgba5mFnwqIoWVLCJqSA> Recreation
                <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Recreation+jobs&w1=Outdoor+recreation&w
                2=Recreation+vehicles&w3=Gsi+outdoors&w4=Outdoors&w5=Recreation+jobs&w6=Recr
                eation+jobs&c=6&s=123&.sig=Y_4FwVWw5PLv3gIz2-eGxQ> jobs Recreation
                <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Recreation+jobs&w1=Outdoor+recreation&w
                2=Recreation+vehicles&w3=Gsi+outdoors&w4=Outdoors&w5=Recreation+jobs&w6=Recr
                eation+jobs&c=6&s=123&.sig=Y_4FwVWw5PLv3gIz2-eGxQ> jobs

                _____

                YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                * Visit your group "backpackgeartesters
                <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/backpackgeartesters> " on the web.

                <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

                _____

              • nazdarovye
                Message 7 of 12 , May 31, 2006
                  --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, Edward Ripley-Duggan
                  <erd@...> wrote:

                  > The Fyrestorm's a really intriguing stove. Kudos to Coleman for
                  > implementing it. However, am I alone in finding the name somehow
                  > slightly alarming? Not only does it sound like a heavy metal band
                  > (though I suppose it would then need have an umlaut over the y, just
                  > because) but the last thing I want to have when I light my stove
                  > is... well, a firestorm. Probably too late to suggest an alternate to
                  > Coleman, and maybe it's just me.

                  I think it's kewl!

                  ;-)
                • tcoug7
                  Message 8 of 12 , May 31, 2006
                    I'm dying to hear your alternate suggestions. Remember, they need to
                    be something catchy from a marketing perspective. Ol Reliable isn't
                    going to cut it. ;)

                    This could be fun...

                    Tim

                    <erd@...> wrote:

                    > The Fyrestorm's a really intriguing stove. Kudos to Coleman for
                    > implementing it. However, am I alone in finding the name somehow
                    > slightly alarming? Not only does it sound like a heavy metal band
                    > (though I suppose it would then need have an umlaut over the y, just
                    > because) but the last thing I want to have when I light my stove
                    > is... well, a firestorm. Probably too late to suggest an alternate
                    > Coleman, and maybe it's just me.

                  • AsABat
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jun 1, 2006
                      This is a great name for a stove, sounding very powerful. Unfortunately
                      for me, it brings back memories of the Southern California firestorms
                      of 2003 where thousands lost their homes and dozens died. The town I
                      work in is still remembering its dead and still rebuilding its homes.

                      Bill
                    • Rick D.
                      Message 10 of 12 , Jun 1, 2006
                        I'm willing to bet they ruled out "the Dresden" early on.

                        (Ducking and covering)

                        For UK export, I'm suggesting "the Arthur Brown"
                        (those of a "certain age" will understand)

                        http://www.godofhellfire.co.uk/60s.htm

                        --Rick

                        --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "tcoug7" <tcoug7@...>

                        Message 11 of 12 , Jun 1, 2006
                          LOL...I had a heck of a time finding a copy of that one a few months ago. I
                          lived in England in the late '60s.....

                          Jerry

                          _____

                          wrote:

                          > I'm dying to hear your alternate suggestions. Remember, they need
                          > be something catchy from a marketing perspective. Ol Reliable
                          isn't
                          > going to cut it. ;)
                          >
                          > This could be fun...
                          >
                          > Tim
                          >
                          > --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, Edward Ripley-Duggan
                          > <erd@> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > The Fyrestorm's a really intriguing stove. Kudos to Coleman for
                          > > implementing it. However, am I alone in finding the name somehow
                          > > slightly alarming? Not only does it sound like a heavy metal
                          band
                          > > (though I suppose it would then need have an umlaut over the y,
                          just
                          > > because) but the last thing I want to have when I light my stove
                          > > is... well, a firestorm. Probably too late to suggest an
                          alternate
                          > > Coleman, and maybe it's just me.

                          Outdoor
                          <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Outdoor+recreation&w1=Outdoor+recreatio
                          n&w2=Recreation+vehicles&w3=Gsi+outdoors&w4=Outdoors&w5=Recreation+jobs&w6=R
                          ecreation+jobs&c=6&s=123&.sig=oFEu6xvdIQZDa5H6NxqHUQ> recreation
                          Recreation
                          <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Recreation+vehicles&w1=Outdoor+recreati
                          on&w2=Recreation+vehicles&w3=Gsi+outdoors&w4=Outdoors&w5=Recreation+jobs&w6=
                          Recreation+jobs&c=6&s=123&.sig=sntvw2-82wrdGg8FArPyjQ> vehicles Gsi
                          <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Gsi+outdoors&w1=Outdoor+recreation&w2=R
                          ecreation+vehicles&w3=Gsi+outdoors&w4=Outdoors&w5=Recreation+jobs&w6=Recreat
                          ion+jobs&c=6&s=123&.sig=aFyHKEWMvkvuveBXoxGRkQ> outdoors
                          Outdoors
                          <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Outdoors&w1=Outdoor+recreation&w2=Recre
                          ation+vehicles&w3=Gsi+outdoors&w4=Outdoors&w5=Recreation+jobs&w6=Recreation+
                          jobs&c=6&s=123&.sig=9SDgba5mFnwqIoWVLCJqSA> Recreation
                          <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Recreation+jobs&w1=Outdoor+recreation&w
                          2=Recreation+vehicles&w3=Gsi+outdoors&w4=Outdoors&w5=Recreation+jobs&w6=Recr
                          eation+jobs&c=6&s=123&.sig=Y_4FwVWw5PLv3gIz2-eGxQ> jobs Recreation
                          <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Recreation+jobs&w1=Outdoor+recreation&w
                          2=Recreation+vehicles&w3=Gsi+outdoors&w4=Outdoors&w5=Recreation+jobs&w6=Recr
                          eation+jobs&c=6&s=123&.sig=Y_4FwVWw5PLv3gIz2-eGxQ> jobs

                          _____

                          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                          * Visit your group "backpackgeartesters
                          <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/backpackgeartesters> " on the web.

                          <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

                          _____

                        • swifteagle1_2003
                          Message 12 of 12 , Jun 1, 2006
                            Well I agree,

                            It obviously can't be named: "Colemans pretty good many fuels stove"

                            How about: Tifyre for the titanium version.

                            Just havin fun!

                            Josh C