Re: [backpackgeartesters] Arrived Merrell boots Ray Estrella

  • Andrew Priest
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2006
      At 01:30 AM 29/04/2006, you wrote:
      >Just got here. IR tonight.

      Dear Ray

      Can you please include all relevant information in the body of your email.

      My reasoning as given in a previous email, is repeated below as a way
      of explanation.

      "I have to process nearly every message that comes through these lists
      which involves not just reading them but deciding if information
      needs to be captured, if a reply is necessary or if it can be
      discard, then where appropriate I need to actually capture
      information and transfer it to the database or others and often also
      replying, e.g., as I am now doing. This is on top of my
      AccountingEducation.com mail (private business), work emails and of
      course personal emails. At the best of times this is a time
      consuming job. Just try doing it with an average of 200 to 300 BGT
      emails a day out of around 500 to 600 emails on a good day :-)

      I read my messages by going to body to body, therefore if information
      is not in the body and UPFRONT and clear, I have to then start to
      scan the body for the information, often as well as trying to
      interpret the body and if necessary then scan the headers to find the
      subject line. All this adds quite a bit of additional load to the
      process, both time wise and mentally. Last night I was working
      through 500 messages, so your posting and some others where quite
      frustrating as they added a lot to my process.

      BTW just having EDIT in the subject line is not enough. There are
      often numerous replies to a post with EDIT in the subject line. Each
      has to be checked and either noted or discarded, so just relying on
      the subject line to communicate a point is not helping at all.

      I hope that makes my take a bit clearer."

      Thanks
      Andrew