Re: [backpackgeartesters] Re: Epic Rainwear - Thoughts?

  • Andrew Priest
    Message 1 of 18 , Apr 2, 2006
      At 03:30 AM 1/04/2006, you wrote:
      >Andrew,
      >
      >I haven't had the Big Sky jacket in a serious downpour yet, but on every
      >other point Curt's comments are spot on with my observations.

      Thanks Jim ... it is its downpour performance that concerned me.

      Andrew

    • Andrew Priest
      Message 2 of 18 , Apr 2, 2006
        At 02:06 PM 1/04/2006, you wrote:
        >--- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Priest
        ><apriest@...> wrote:
        > > See my reply to Colleen but have gone Gore-Tex XCR.
        > >
        > > Andrew
        >
        >That's what my Arc'teryx Alpha SV uses, and I've been really pleased
        >with it. Really durable, good breathability, definitely waterproof.
        >
        >The Mountain Designs Stratus looks excellent - we don't seem to get
        >long jackets like that here. I'll look forward to hearing how it works

        Hi Steve

        I will put a OR together at the end of the season.

        Andrew

      • Emma Eyeball
        Message 3 of 18 , Apr 2, 2006
          --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Priest <apriest@...>
          wrote:
          I have taken the plunge
          > and ordered one. Not as light as eVENT but my pocket feels better
          > and with Australian jackets, which are longer, I don't need pants.
          > You can see the jacket at <http://snipurl.com/oi0r>.

          i LOVE the cut of that jacket!! a jacket that falls BELOW my buttocks
          (without fitting like a tent) would be awesome. and i hate rain pants,
          hate 'em.

          is it hoodless? i can't quite tell from the picture. i'm strongly
          considering trying a hoodless jakcet with a rain hat. i'm sick of
          being deaf when i put the hood up.

          -colleen
        • Andrew Priest
          Message 4 of 18 , Apr 2, 2006
            At 05:17 AM 3/04/2006, you wrote:

            >i LOVE the cut of that jacket!! a jacket that falls BELOW my buttocks
            >(without fitting like a tent) would be awesome. and i hate rain pants,
            >hate 'em.

            Most Australian "standard" bushwalking rain jackets are full length,
            i.e., cover one's shorts. We also have the shorter, US style jackets
            coming on to the market. The women's jacket has a more shaped cut so
            it fits firmer I guess.

            >is it hoodless? i can't quite tell from the picture.

            Not hoodless, but the hood tucks away in the collar. Your choice then
            to use it or not.

            Andrew