BIP - Greg Mehojah

  • gcmehojah
    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 1 9:29 PM
      I am back from Disney Land....tired, a bit jaded, but the kids had
      fun. I see that my OR was edited, so I will get to that tomorrow.
      For now....sleep!!!

      Greg
    • gcmehojah
      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 8 4:23 PM
        Sadly, my son and I had to turn back 2 miles into our hike. Knee-deep
        snow, colder temps than we anticipated, and no snow gear in our packs!!!
      • Rescue
        Message 3 of 14 , Apr 8 6:14 PM
          Oh man... that bites. I wish we had that much snow!

          On Sat, 2006-04-08 at 23:23 +0000, gcmehojah wrote:
          > Sadly, my son and I had to turn back 2 miles into our hike. Knee-deep
          > snow, colder temps than we anticipated, and no snow gear in our packs!!!
        • Greg Mehojah
          Message 4 of 14 , Apr 8 8:28 PM
            I would have loved to stay, and could have probably done it without any
            unreasonable amount of suffering, but my son is another story!

            Greg

            Oh man... that bites. I wish we had that much snow!

            On Sat, 2006-04-08 at 23:23 +0000, gcmehojah wrote:
            > Sadly, my son and I had to turn back 2 miles into our hike. Knee-deep
            > snow, colder temps than we anticipated, and no snow gear in our
            packs!!!

            Yahoo! Groups Links
          • Jerry Goller
            Message 5 of 14 , Apr 8 11:58 PM
              Me, too......we've got 10 to 20 feet on the ground in the mountains and more
              on the way....... ;o)

              Looks like they may be skiing at Brighton again this 4th of July.....

              Jerry

              _____

              Oh man... that bites. I wish we had that much snow!

              On Sat, 2006-04-08 at 23:23 +0000, gcmehojah wrote:
              > Sadly, my son and I had to turn back 2 miles into our hike. Knee-deep
              > snow, colder temps than we anticipated, and no snow gear in our packs!!!

              _____

              YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

              * Visit your group "backpackgeartesters
              <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/backpackgeartesters> " on the web.

              <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

              _____

            • gcmehojah
              Message 6 of 14 , Jul 16, 2006
                I am back after a quick overnight from the San Pedro Parks Wilderness.
                Found a cool place to take my wife, and even had a chance to catch a
                geocache that was 9 miles in!!

                Greg
              • gcmehojah
                Message 7 of 14 , Jul 23, 2006
                  Back from a wild weather overnight in the San Pedros. We were
                  surprised by monster hail, plummeting temps and lots and lots of
                  lightening. I hadnt heard rolling thunder like that in a long time.
                  My wife (in the burgundy shirt - pics below - was a great sport about it).

                  Pics here:

                  http://tinyurl.com/hluop

                  I will get my POE Child Seat IR up tomorrow night.

                  Greg
                • gcmehojah
                  Message 8 of 14 , Aug 7, 2006
                    I am back from a great trip to Mesa Verde National Park and a nice
                    afternoon in Durango. What great gear shops they have there. If you
                    are ever in Durango, check out Pine Needle Mountaineering. I got to
                    see my first Western Mountainerring bag in person! I will do the POE
                    Kids Seat IR and Smartshield edits tomorrow night and upload.

                    Photos here for those that care to see them:

                    http://tinyurl.com/hyk9e

                    Greg
                  • gcmehojah
                    Message 9 of 14 , Aug 20, 2006
                      My son and I made it back, a bit damp, but otherwise we had a really
                      nice time. Despite me having to carry the POE camp chair, it was nice
                      to have along.

                      Greg
                    • gcmehojah
                      Message 10 of 14 , Sep 4, 2006
                        My son and I are back from the Latir Peaks Wilderness trip. We made
                        it to our goal of Latir Peak which sits at 12,708 ft. Quite a view!
                        Now, how to clean this POE camp chair ;)

                        Greg
                      • gcmehojah
                        Message 11 of 14 , Sep 24, 2006
                          I am back, and warming up from a very cold night. Had a great time
                          though. Glad I had that down jacket with me!

                          Greg
                        • gcmehojah
                          Message 12 of 14 , Oct 8, 2006
                            We are back a bit early from my son's scout trip. People were
                            impressed with the Diamond Fingers!

                            Greg
                          • gcmehojah
                            Message 13 of 14 , Oct 22, 2006
                              I am back, and really REALLY tired. Chasing around my son on these
                              trips wears me down. I promise to edit the Caldera Stove IRs by
                              tomorrow night. Right now, I need a nap.

                              Greg