OT--my photo for the '07 calendar?

  • Edward Ripley-Duggan
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 1, 2006
      Couldn't resist posting this. I tend to dislike photos of myself, as
      I seem to look like I'm scowling in most of them, but this one is
      acceptable. Just received, it was taken by an acquaintance who I
      persuaded to take a hike above treeline (he had a great time). The
      mountains aren't half bad, either!

      http://www.wilsey.net/3500/ted.jpg

      Ted.
      Reply to: erd@...
      WILSEY RARE BOOKS, MEMBER ABAA
      http://www.wilsey.net
      Phone: (845) 657-7057 Fax: (845) 657-2366
    • WoodlandSprite
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 1, 2006
        :)
        He chopped of your feet...which I hope had your snowshoes on ;)
        :D
        -Steph

        Edward Ripley-Duggan <erd@...> wrote:
        Couldn't resist posting this. I tend to dislike photos of myself, as
        I seem to look like I'm scowling in most of them, but this one is
        acceptable. Just received, it was taken by an acquaintance who I
        persuaded to take a hike above treeline (he had a great time). The
        mountains aren't half bad, either!

        http://www.wilsey.net/3500/ted.jpg

        Ted.
        Reply to: erd@...
        WILSEY RARE BOOKS, MEMBER ABAA
        http://www.wilsey.net
        Phone: (845) 657-7057 Fax: (845) 657-2366

        Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Edward Ripley-Duggan
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 1, 2006
          You bet! (Although they were barely needed; note the bare rock,
          although this is admittedly a NH summit, and very windswept.) And
          this was some of the best snow I hit this year. Unfortunately this
          was taken back during the FR period -- yesterday, we had 70 degrees
          plus at the house, in the shade. I'm hoping that I might get up to
          the Dacks week after next for a couple of days, but I'm not sure that
          snow conditions there will be much to write home (or reports) about, either.

          Ted.

          At 07:47 PM 4/1/2006, you wrote:
          >:)
          > He chopped of your feet...which I hope had your snowshoes on ;)
          > :D
          > -Steph
        • Shane Steinkamp
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 1, 2006
            > Couldn't resist posting this. I tend to dislike photos of myself, as
            > I seem to look like I'm scowling in most of them, but this one is
            > acceptable. Just received, it was taken by an acquaintance who I
            > persuaded to take a hike above treeline (he had a great time). The
            > mountains aren't half bad, either!

            You know how it is that you see pictures of people, and they don't look like
            you imagined? For some reason, you look just like I imagined. A psycho
            mountain-man off his meds. I like it.

            Shane
          • JimSabis@aol.com
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 1, 2006
              In a message dated 4/1/2006 10:07:45 PM Eastern Standard Time,
              shane@... writes:
              You know how it is that you see pictures of people, and they don't look like
              you imagined? For some reason, you look just like I imagined. A psycho
              mountain-man off his meds. I like it.

              Shane
              #######

              A very apt description, indeed!

              Jim S.

              "Beware the barrenness of the busy life." - Socrates

            • Edward Ripley-Duggan
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 1, 2006
                Why thank you, Jim and Shane! Jim has hiked with me fairly often, so
                he indeed knows the truth when he sees it <evil chuckle>.

                Ted.

              • JimSabis@aol.com
                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 1, 2006
                  In a message dated 4/1/2006 10:42:06 PM Eastern Standard Time, erd@...
                  writes:
                  Why thank you, Jim and Shane! Jim has hiked with me fairly often, so
                  he indeed knows the truth when he sees it <evil chuckle>.

                  Ted
                  ######

                  Speaking of which, we are overdue for another one. The 'deep winter'
                  Catskills weather barely materialized this year.

                  Jim S.

                  "Beware the barrenness of the busy life." - Socrates

                • Graham Blamey
                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 2, 2006
                    --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, Edward Ripley-Duggan
                    <erd@...> wrote:

                    > Couldn't resist posting this.

                    Good pic Ted, but THREE poles? That just to wind Roger up?
                  • Edward Ripley-Duggan
                    Message 9 of 9 , Apr 2, 2006
                      I wondered if anyone would notice that! I was carrying one for the
                      fellow I was hiking with, as his pack wasn't suitably equipped.