BIP - Greg Mehojah

  • gcmehojah
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 19, 2006
      Back from Bandelier.

      I was able to see some AWESOME sights and got to test the Prism Cap
      and Apex headlamp (i.e. blowtorch) a bunch. We were snowed on this
      morning on our hike out, but just missed the dumping of snow that came
      tonight up there.

      I will upload my Apex IR tomorrow night.

      Greg
    • gcmehojah
      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 1, 2006
        I am back from Disney Land....tired, a bit jaded, but the kids had
        fun. I see that my OR was edited, so I will get to that tomorrow.
        For now....sleep!!!

        Greg
      • gcmehojah
        Message 3 of 14 , Apr 8, 2006
          Sadly, my son and I had to turn back 2 miles into our hike. Knee-deep
          snow, colder temps than we anticipated, and no snow gear in our packs!!!
        • Rescue
          Message 4 of 14 , Apr 8, 2006
            Oh man... that bites. I wish we had that much snow!

            On Sat, 2006-04-08 at 23:23 +0000, gcmehojah wrote:
            > Sadly, my son and I had to turn back 2 miles into our hike. Knee-deep
            > snow, colder temps than we anticipated, and no snow gear in our packs!!!
          • Greg Mehojah
            Message 5 of 14 , Apr 8, 2006
              I would have loved to stay, and could have probably done it without any
              unreasonable amount of suffering, but my son is another story!

              Greg

              Oh man... that bites. I wish we had that much snow!

              On Sat, 2006-04-08 at 23:23 +0000, gcmehojah wrote:
              > Sadly, my son and I had to turn back 2 miles into our hike. Knee-deep
              > snow, colder temps than we anticipated, and no snow gear in our
              packs!!!

              Yahoo! Groups Links
            • Jerry Goller
              Message 6 of 14 , Apr 8, 2006
                Me, too......we've got 10 to 20 feet on the ground in the mountains and more
                on the way....... ;o)

                Looks like they may be skiing at Brighton again this 4th of July.....

                Jerry

                _____

                Oh man... that bites. I wish we had that much snow!

                On Sat, 2006-04-08 at 23:23 +0000, gcmehojah wrote:
                > Sadly, my son and I had to turn back 2 miles into our hike. Knee-deep
                > snow, colder temps than we anticipated, and no snow gear in our packs!!!

                _____

                YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                * Visit your group "backpackgeartesters
                <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/backpackgeartesters> " on the web.

                <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

                _____

              • gcmehojah
                Message 7 of 14 , Jul 16, 2006
                  I am back after a quick overnight from the San Pedro Parks Wilderness.
                  Found a cool place to take my wife, and even had a chance to catch a
                  geocache that was 9 miles in!!

                  Greg
                • gcmehojah
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jul 23, 2006
                    Back from a wild weather overnight in the San Pedros. We were
                    surprised by monster hail, plummeting temps and lots and lots of
                    lightening. I hadnt heard rolling thunder like that in a long time.
                    My wife (in the burgundy shirt - pics below - was a great sport about it).

                    Pics here:

                    http://tinyurl.com/hluop

                    I will get my POE Child Seat IR up tomorrow night.

                    Greg
                  • gcmehojah
                    Message 9 of 14 , Aug 7 3:58 PM
                      I am back from a great trip to Mesa Verde National Park and a nice
                      afternoon in Durango. What great gear shops they have there. If you
                      are ever in Durango, check out Pine Needle Mountaineering. I got to
                      see my first Western Mountainerring bag in person! I will do the POE
                      Kids Seat IR and Smartshield edits tomorrow night and upload.

                      Photos here for those that care to see them:

                      http://tinyurl.com/hyk9e

                      Greg
                    • gcmehojah
                      Message 10 of 14 , Aug 20 6:00 PM
                        My son and I made it back, a bit damp, but otherwise we had a really
                        nice time. Despite me having to carry the POE camp chair, it was nice
                        to have along.

                        Greg
                      • gcmehojah
                        Message 11 of 14 , Sep 4, 2006
                          My son and I are back from the Latir Peaks Wilderness trip. We made
                          it to our goal of Latir Peak which sits at 12,708 ft. Quite a view!
                          Now, how to clean this POE camp chair ;)

                          Greg
                        • gcmehojah
                          Message 12 of 14 , Sep 24, 2006
                            I am back, and warming up from a very cold night. Had a great time
                            though. Glad I had that down jacket with me!

                            Greg
                          • gcmehojah
                            Message 13 of 14 , Oct 8, 2006
                              We are back a bit early from my son's scout trip. People were
                              impressed with the Diamond Fingers!

                              Greg
                            • gcmehojah
                              Message 14 of 14 , Oct 22, 2006
                                I am back, and really REALLY tired. Chasing around my son on these
                                trips wears me down. I promise to edit the Caldera Stove IRs by
                                tomorrow night. Right now, I need a nap.

                                Greg