Re: Follow-up:> Kevin Pferdner - Humm Foods Inc Larabar Field/Long-term Report

  • Kevin Pferdner
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 1, 2006
      Andrew,

      Sorry for the delay. May I have a 1 month extension? In January, my
      wife and I found out we are having twins in June (to add to our
      other 3 children) and it has flipped my world upside down. Among
      trying to get ready for the additions, I am suffering with being a
      Scoutmaster and working 40+ hours/wk. I am sure you have heard all
      the excuses for not turning reports in prior to their due dates. I
      am sorry.

      Test Status: I have tested each flavor on activities ranging from
      snowshoeing, back country skiing, running and snow caving. I have
      the other bars (1 of each flavor) that I would like to perform a
      taste test among friends and family. Let me know what is acceptable
      for an extension.

      Kevin

      --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Priest
      <apriest@...> wrote:

      > At 12:40 AM 25/02/2006, you wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Andrew,
      > >

      > >I pinged kevin and he should have contacted you via the list for
      info. If
      > >not, then I will forward his email from home tonight.
      >
      > Please forward TV. I don't recall getting it, but then my short
      term
      > memory is on par with Jerry's :-)
      >
      > Andrew

    • Andrew Priest
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 2, 2006
        At 01:37 AM 2/03/2006, you wrote:

        >Test Status: I have tested each flavor on activities ranging from
        >snowshoeing, back country skiing, running and snow caving. I have
        >the other bars (1 of each flavor) that I would like to perform a
        >taste test among friends and family. Let me know what is acceptable
        >for an extension.

        Dear Kevin

        We don't allow testing by others. As the tester it is your
        experiences that we are interested in. I gather from your comments
        that you have tried al the bars, just have some left over. Is that
        right? If that is the case, I would like to see the report written up
        so we can move on. It not the end of the world if all the product is
        not eaten at this point.

        Can you do that?

        Regards
        Andrew

      • Kevin Pferdner
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 3, 2006
          Hey Andrew,

          Sounds good to me. I will get the report finished over the weekend.
          I have really enjoyed most the bars with exception to the ginger
          flavor.

          I think this testing program is great. I wish I could continue but I
          don't see my time freeing up where I can devote attention to the
          testing process for at least a couple of years until my twins are
          beyond the needing constant attention phase. For my first test, I
          don't think I have come off all that reliable. I am sure I have shot
          myself in the foot for future tests. Anyway, thanks for allowing me
          to to test the Larabar's.

          <apriest@...> wrote:

          > At 01:37 AM 2/03/2006, you wrote:
          >
          > >Test Status: I have tested each flavor on activities ranging from
          > >snowshoeing, back country skiing, running and snow caving. I have
          > >the other bars (1 of each flavor) that I would like to perform a
          > >taste test among friends and family. Let me know what is
          acceptable
          > >for an extension.
          >

          > Dear Kevin
          >
          > We don't allow testing by others. As the tester it is your
          > experiences that we are interested in. I gather from your comments
          > that you have tried al the bars, just have some left over. Is that
          > right? If that is the case, I would like to see the report written
          up
          > so we can move on. It not the end of the world if all the product
          is
          > not eaten at this point.
          >
          > Can you do that?
          >
          > Regards
          > Andrew

        • Andrew Priest
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 5, 2006
            At 12:28 AM 4/03/2006, you wrote:
            >Hey Andrew,
            >
            >Sounds good to me. I will get the report finished over the weekend.
            >I have really enjoyed most the bars with exception to the ginger
            >flavor.

            Thanks Kevin.

            All the best.

            Andrew