EDIT: FR - Kahtoola KTS Steel Traction System (Jim S.)

  • Emma Eyeball
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2006
      hi Jim!

      thanks for your enjoyable and informative FR. only a few edits for
      you to incorporate. here we go...

      > Non-the-less, The Kahtoola KTS Steel traction devices received a

      edit: "Nonetheless"

      > the Catskills. The terrain was generally covered in ice under a
      minimum of 12
      > in (*) of snow, and usually more.

      edit: add that metric equivalent! (i make this mistake all the time.)

      > surface. The rest of the group was in snow shoes, but I grabbed the
      opportunity and
      > wore the KT Steel crampons for the entire 9 mile (*) route.

      edit #1: "KTS Steel"

      edit #2: again, that metric equivalent.

      > solid in the drift. I still made it up the pitch much more easily
      than the
      > snowshoe shod climbers.

      edit: "snowshoe-shod." i won't hold you to this.

      > forever, though. When I finally took point, the Kahtoolas
      predictably post holed.

      edit: "post-holed."

      > not release. Apparently, the constant , day long mashing through the
      icy snow

      edit: this is probably a Yahooism, but you have an extra space after
      the word "constant."

      design. I was
      > better than halfway up the snow covered ridge by the time the others
      where
      > geared up and moving.

      edit: "the others were geared up"

      that's it! thanks again.