Re: [backpackgeartesters] Re: Coleman Xtreme Stove LTR

  • Edward Ripley-Duggan
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2006
      They seem to have gone through several revisions of the probe design,
      I'd guess. The repair kit also has a bead-like probe seal (an almost
      spherical o-ring), but the recommendation is to replace like with
      like. The paired seals are mentioned in the current manual, I recall.
      I started with black but when (at their suggestion) I replaced the
      valve components--good practice for the report anyhow--the supplied
      parts included the Viton rings. I'll move back to the Nitrile, I
      think, and perhaps one, if it proves to provide an adequate seal.

      At 01:43 AM 3/1/2006, you wrote:
      >Huh???
      >Mine has only ever had ONE O-ring around the little spigot. Works
      >fine, never leaks.
      >I tentaively suggest you might like to try this, WITH CARE. Check
      >for leaks of course.

      Reply to: erd@...
      WILSEY RARE BOOKS, MEMBER ABAA
      http://www.wilsey.net
      Phone: (845) 657-7057 Fax: (845) 657-2366