Can we test this???

  • Leesa J
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 28, 2006
      http://www.coleman.com/coleman/colemancom/detail.asp?product_id=9935-A50&categoryid=2010

      RoadTrip(r) Heat 'N Serve Slow Cooker

      I want one! It would be great for those who set up camp and do day hikes,
      or ski, or snowshoe, or....

      Leesa

      --
      This land is your land, this land is my land...
      Woody Guthrie

    • Jerry Goller
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 28, 2006
        Well, I've got one of the gas skillets from them. Great.

        This is the kind of stuff I wanted to test in the Base Camp section but I
        could never get it off the ground.

        Jerry

        _____

        I want one! It would be great for those who set up camp and do day hikes,
        or ski, or snowshoe, or....

        Leesa

        --
        This land is your land, this land is my land...
        Woody Guthrie

        _____

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        * Visit your group "backpackgeartesters
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/backpackgeartesters> " on the web.

        <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

        _____

      • hiking@westernpa.us
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 28, 2006
          > Well, I've got one of the gas skillets from them. Great.
          >
          > This is the kind of stuff I wanted to test in the Base Camp section but I
          > could never get it off the ground.
          >
          > Jerry

          Would be a hell of a backpack trick. Not what you call "ultra-light"

          mike
        • Chuck Carnes
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 28, 2006
            You can count me in on the Base Camp section if you
            ever get it going again.

            --- Jerry Goller <ChiefModerator@...>
            wrote:

            > Well, I've got one of the gas skillets from them.
            > Great.
            >
            > This is the kind of stuff I wanted to test in the
            > Base Camp section but I
            > could never get it off the ground.
            >
            > Jerry
            >
            > <http://www.backpackgeartest.org/>
            > http://www.BackpackGearTest.org : the
            > most comprehensive interactive gear reviews and
            > tests on the planet.
            >

            > _____

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • Lynne Durham
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 28, 2006
              Oh my gosh, is that cool!

              I'm a total slow cooker slave at home. Might not fit in the pack, but it
              would be a great one to have for a car camping extravaganza!

              Lynne

              On 2/28/06, Leesa J <leesaj@...> wrote:

              > http://www.coleman.com/coleman/colemancom/detail.asp?product_id=9935-A50&categoryid=2010
              >
              > RoadTrip(r) Heat 'N Serve Slow Cooker

              --
              Lynne Durham
              http://lynnedurham.typepad.com
              Benton Harbor, Michigan USA

            • AsABat
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 28, 2006
                I prefer this one in backcamp (but not usually for backpacking)

                https://secure.lodgemfg.com/storefront/product1.asp?
                menu=logic&idProduct=3969

                Bill

                > I'm a total slow cooker slave at home. Might not fit in the pack, but
                it
                > would be a great one to have for a car camping extravaganza!
              • J Cornelius
                Message 7 of 9 , Mar 1 3:33 AM
                  Lodge brand cast iron is the BEST! Wish I had some - I got ONE SMALL
                  skillet that I used to use for cornbread but haven't used it in YEARS <sigh>

                  Jodi

                  On 2/28/06, AsABat <wjj2001@...> wrote:

                  > I prefer this one in backcamp (but not usually for backpacking)
                  >
                  > https://secure.lodgemfg.com/storefront/product1.asp?
                  > menu=logic&idProduct=3969
                  >
                  > Bill

                • Brian
                  Message 8 of 9 , Mar 1 7:45 AM
                    Lift with your legs so you dont hurt your back.

                    Brian

                    On 2/28/06, Jerry Goller <ChiefModerator@...> wrote:

                    > Well, I've got one of the gas skillets from them. Great.
                    >
                    > This is the kind of stuff I wanted to test in the Base Camp section but I
                    > could never get it off the ground.
                    >
                    > Jerry

                  • Brian
                    Message 9 of 9 , Mar 1 7:48 AM
                      Yeah some of those would be great for camping in my Trailer. LOL

                      Brian