TEST CALL: RedLedge Elite Parka & Pant

  • Coy
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 22, 2006
      this is updated with all the correct info (I hope)

      BGT and RedLedge are pleased to announce these two items of rain
      gear for our testing pleasure. The Elite Parka and Pant are
      listed/sold seperatly and are listed under Men and under the 2.5
      navagation button on the site. However, the sizes are listed as
      unisex so both male and female may apply. The lucky persons chosen
      for this test will recive both the Parka and the Pant. Each piece
      will require its own reports. That is the Parka will require an IR,
      FR and LTR and so will the Pant. Should be fairly easy though, as a
      lot of the the same info will work for both reports (ie same
      material, same field conditions etc), just in seperate writeups.

      http://www.redledge.com

      Elite Parka item # 18620

      http://www.redledge.com/productDetail.cfm?
      gID=1&bID=1&colID=17&prodID=262

      FABRIC
      Lamination:T-Core LX®:25 layer waterproof/breathable with
      wicking/protective raised microprint Seams: 100% taped Shell:Diamond
      shadow ripstop nylon with DWR (durable water repellent) finish

      FEATURES
      Exterior storm flap · Pit-zips for ventilation · Attached hood with
      peripheral vision adjustment, roll away function and adjustable
      drawcords · Micro-tricot lined collar · Two zip pockets with mesh
      lining for ventilation · Adjustable drawcord at hem · Center Back
      Length: 30 " (Large)

      SIZE: XS-XXL

      AVAILABLE COLORS
      Cinder/Smoke, Firefly/Quartz, Laser Red/Cinder, Maritime, Obsidian,
      Vapor/Lagoon

      MSRP $119.99

      Elite Full Zip Pant item # 18622

      http://www.redledge.com/productDetail.cfm?
      gID=1&bID=1&colID=17&prodID=263

      FABRIC
      Lamination:T-Core LX®:25 layer waterproof breathable with
      wicking/protective raised microprint Seams: 100% taped Shell:Diamond
      shadow ripstop nylon with DWR (durable water repellent) finish

      FEATURES
      Elasticized waistband with adjustable Velcro® side tabs · Front zip
      fly and waist closure · Two front zip pockets · Back zip pocket ·
      Full
      side zips with interior and exterior storm flaps · Cuffs with
      adjustable drawcord and Velcro® tabs · Articulated knees for ease of
      movement · Packable into back pocket

      SIZE: XS-XXL

      AVAILABLE COLORS
      Obsidian

      MSRP $74.99

      The details:
      - Newbie limit applies
      - International testers are welcome to apply

      I plan to leave the call open until next Tuesday, Feb 28, 2006. Put
      Application - RedLedge rain gear - and your name (optional) as the
      subject line to help me spot applications. As always, a good test
      plan is expected. I will be looking for folks who see a lot of rain
      and get out in it. Thanks and happy applicating.

      Coy Boy
    • gmehojah3@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 22, 2006
        Since we have not had any appreciable precipitation since October, can I substitute blowing dust for rain in my app? :)

        Subj: [backpackgeartesters] TEST CALL: RedLedge Elite Parka & Pant
        Date: Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:28 am
        Size: 1K
        To: backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com

[...]

        --- message truncated ---
      • Thomas Vickers
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 22, 2006
          Don't complain.
          I have been testing the Warm and Cozy gear, with NO RAIN.
          As soon as I shipped it back for repairs, the rain has been almost nonstop.
          I bet when I get it back, there will be no more rain.

          TV

        • pamwyant
          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 22, 2006
            Hey TV - I had almost the same experience. Pretty every much every
            hike turned beautiful weather when testing the Big Sky Products Warm-
            N-Cozy Epic Jacket & pants, and as soon as I shipped them back I had
            the perfect rainy day to test and several since.

            Pam

            --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "Thomas Vickers"
            <redroach@...> wrote:

            > Don't complain.
            > I have been testing the Warm and Cozy gear, with NO RAIN.
            > As soon as I shipped it back for repairs, the rain has been almost
            nonstop.
            > I bet when I get it back, there will be no more rain.
            >
            > TV
            >

            > --

          • Andrew Priest
            Message 5 of 13 , Feb 23, 2006
              At 12:10 AM 23/02/2006, you wrote:
              >Don't complain.
              >I have been testing the Warm and Cozy gear, with NO RAIN.
              >As soon as I shipped it back for repairs, the rain has been almost nonstop.
              >I bet when I get it back, there will be no more rain.

              That has been my experience with the past two Red Ledge tests. Given
              we really need rain, I am inclined not to put in an application.

              Regards
              Andrew

            • TheMiddleSister
              Message 6 of 13 , Feb 24, 2006
                Coy, (or anybody else),

                Is there any size charts or info on the RedLedge site? I couldn't find any and knowing measurements would be helpful for clothing, especially unisex clothing.

                Thanks!

[...]

                Outdoors Recreation jobs Recreation jobs

                http://www.eset.com

              • Coy
                Message 7 of 13 , Feb 24, 2006
                  --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "TheMiddleSister"
                  <TheMiddleSister@...> wrote:

                  > Coy, (or anybody else),
                  >
                  > Is there any size charts or info on the RedLedge site? I couldn't
                  find any and knowing measurements would be helpful for clothing,
                  especially unisex clothing.

                  > Thanks!
                  > Kathy

                  I don't see any info either. Just that they are unisex sized and
                  available in XS thru XXL. I generally go by other clothes...for
                  instance I wear XL tee shirts and sweat shirt tops but L sweat pant
                  bottoms. I would guess a woman would need some mens sweats or tees
                  to try on to be sure but would wear one size wmaller than what they
                  normally wear in womens sizes, ie a womans large sweat shirt top
                  would be about the same as a mens medium. Even then there is no
                  guareentee they will fit perfect. I bet they will be close though.

                  Hope this helps....but somehow I doubt it will...

                  Coy Boy
                • TheMiddleSister
                  Message 8 of 13 , Feb 24, 2006
                    Thanks, Coy. "A" for effort, anyway ;)

                    Message 9 of 13 , Feb 25, 2006
                      At 05:26 AM 25/02/2006, you wrote:
                      >Thanks, Coy. "A" for effort, anyway ;)

                      Kathryn you should contact Red Ledge for the information if you
                      cannot find it on their website.

                      Andrew

                    • Coy
                      Message 10 of 13 , Feb 28, 2006
                        OK guys/gals, I had slated this to close tonight but with only 2
                        applications that aint happnin! I have applications from the
                        following.

                        Jerry Span

                        Andrew Buskov

                        Did I miss anyone?

                        Ideally I need several apps but at least 1 more to even consider
                        closing this call. This is a top notch (well we think it is,
                        testing will tell) waterproof/breathable fabric rainsuit. I know
                        some expressed concerns about no rain. I understand and appreciate
                        the upfront honesty. But I'm guessing some of yall can give this a
                        fair test. And remember, interationl testers can apply! The test
                        call can be seen below.

                        Coy Boy

                        --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "Coy" <starnescr@...>
                        wrote:

> [...]
                        > side zips with interior and exterior storm flaps · Cuffs with
                        > adjustable drawcord and Velcro® tabs · Articulated knees for ease
                        of
                        > movement · Packable into back pocket
                        >
                        > SIZE: XS-XXL
                        >
                        > AVAILABLE COLORS
                        > Obsidian
                        >
                        > MSRP $74.99
                        >
                        > The details:
                        > - Newbie limit applies
                        > - International testers are welcome to apply
                        >
                        > I plan to leave the call open until next Tuesday, Feb 28, 2006.
                        Put
                        > Application - RedLedge rain gear - and your name (optional) as the
                        > subject line to help me spot applications. As always, a good test
                        > plan is expected. I will be looking for folks who see a lot of
                        rain
                        > and get out in it. Thanks and happy applicating.

                      • rayestrella1
                        Message 11 of 13 , Mar 1 5:56 AM
                          wrote:

                          > OK guys/gals, I had slated this to close tonight but with only 2
                          > applications that aint happnin! I have applications from the
                          > following.
                          >
                          > Jerry Span
                          >
                          > Andrew Buskov
                          >
                          > Did I miss anyone?

                          Coy,

                          Check message # 15327, I applied about 10 minutes after you posted
                          the test call. Do you want me to re-apply?

                          Ray
                        • Coy
                          Message 12 of 13 , Mar 1 9:09 AM
                            No, and the bad/sad part is, I replied to that message. I remember it
                            now. I somehow forgot to add yours to the pile. Added now. Thanks

                            Coy Boy

                            --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "rayestrella1"
                            <rayestrella@...> wrote:

                            > --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "Coy" <starnescr@>
                            > wrote:
                            > >
                            > > OK guys/gals, I had slated this to close tonight but with only 2
                            > > applications that aint happnin! I have applications from the
                            > > following.
                            > >
                            > > Jerry Span
                            > >
                            > > Andrew Buskov
                            > >
                            > > Did I miss anyone?
                            >

                            > Coy,
                            >
                            > Check message # 15327, I applied about 10 minutes after you posted
                            > the test call. Do you want me to re-apply?
                            >
                            > Ray

                          • Max Power
                            Message 13 of 13 , Mar 1 11:10 AM
                              I thought I was approved for my first test. Dang it! My fingers are
                              still crossed.

                              Jerry
                              "Max Power"