re: EDIT: FR -Integral Designs PLQ Jacket - Jason B

  • Roger Caffin
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 2, 2006
      > > Field Conditions:
      > > Rain, Lots of Snow and the occasional sunny day
      > EDIT: "Lots of Snow" does not need to be capitalized: "lots of snow"

      You haven't been reading your Winnie the Pooh, have you?
      If there was really LOTS of snow, the capitals make a lot of sense. And then it would be a personal style issue.

      Cheers
      Roger Caffin
    • AsABat
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 2, 2006
        I suppose so, but I didn't see it that way. If I saw "LOTS of SNOW" I
        would have gotten it. I guess I'm just slow. If that was Jason's
        intent, by all means, leave it as is.

        Thanks,
        Bill

        --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "Roger Caffin"
        <r.caffin@...> wrote:

        > > > Field Conditions:
        > > > Rain, Lots of Snow and the occasional sunny day
        > > EDIT: "Lots of Snow" does not need to be capitalized: "lots of snow"
        >
        > You haven't been reading your Winnie the Pooh, have you?
        > If there was really LOTS of snow, the capitals make a lot of sense.
        And then it would be a personal style issue.

        > Cheers
        > Roger Caffin

      • Jason Boyle
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 2, 2006
          Not sure what you guys define as LOTS of SNOW, but we have been
          getting slammed with about a 6-12" a day or so in the mountains for
          the past few weeks. There is over 12 feet of snow in the upper
          elevations. I think that is Lots of Snow.

          Jason B
          master of style issues!

          --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, " AsABat" <wjj2001@...>
          wrote:

          > I suppose so, but I didn't see it that way. If I saw "LOTS of
          SNOW" I
          > would have gotten it. I guess I'm just slow. If that was Jason's
          > intent, by all means, leave it as is.
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Bill
          >
          > --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "Roger Caffin"

          > > > EDIT: "Lots of Snow" does not need to be capitalized: "lots of
          snow"

          > > You haven't been reading your Winnie the Pooh, have you?
          > > If there was really LOTS of snow, the capitals make a lot of
          sense.
          > And then it would be a personal style issue.
          > >
          > > Cheers
          > > Roger Caffin

        • nwcurt
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 2, 2006
            Craziest part of that is that it's been raining as much as it's been
            snowing - it could easily be 2-4 times as much if we weren't having
            this record streak of warm temps.

            By the way, out in Jason and my area of the Cascade foothills we've
            had 46 of 47 days with measureable precipitation ... and counting!
            Jason - how's your President's Day weekend looking. I'm heading over
            the mountains to dry out and explore the coulees. I'll drop a note in
            the next day or so with details.

            -Curt

            --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "Jason Boyle" <c4jc88@...>
            wrote:

            > Not sure what you guys define as LOTS of SNOW, but we have been
            > getting slammed with about a 6-12" a day or so in the mountains for
            > the past few weeks. There is over 12 feet of snow in the upper
            > elevations. I think that is Lots of Snow.
            >
            > Jason B
            > master of style issues!
          • Roger Caffin
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 2, 2006
              > Not sure what you guys define as LOTS of SNOW, but we have been
              > getting slammed with about a 6-12" a day or so in the mountains for
              > the past few weeks. There is over 12 feet of snow in the upper
              > elevations.

              Jason, you do realize that you run a serious risk of being lynched for comments like that?
              (Sob!)

              Cheers
              Roger Caffin
            • Jason Boyle
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 2, 2006

                > > Not sure what you guys define as LOTS of SNOW, but we have been
                > > getting slammed with about a 6-12" a day or so in the mountains
                for
                > > the past few weeks. There is over 12 feet of snow in the upper
                > > elevations.
                >
                > Jason, you do realize that you run a serious risk of being lynched
                for comments like that?
                > (Sob!)
                >
                > Cheers
                > Roger Caffin

                Roger,

                The invitation is open to you as well as anyone else. We have a
                guest bed, and I would be willing to show anyone around the area.
                Maybe we can make an exchange. You come here and I will come to
                Australia. What do you think?

                Jason B
              • Roger Caffin
                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 2, 2006
                  Hi Jason

                  > The invitation is open to you as well as anyone else. We have a
                  > guest bed, and I would be willing to show anyone around the area.
                  > Maybe we can make an exchange. You come here and I will come to
                  > Australia. What do you think?
                  That is extremely generous of you, and my thanks.
                  I would love to be able to visit America - maybe one day.
                  Ah, but should I come in the summer or the winter - that is the question!

                  Cheers
                  Roger Caffin