EDIT: LTR - Petzl Tikka XP - Jason B

  • AsABat
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2006
      Jason-

      Thanks for your final report on the Tikka XP. Here's my edits.

      Bill Jeffrey
      Monitor

      ----------------

      This is the second of three reports.

      EDIT: third

      The light has performed well in all conditions. I used it for a
      night hike into the Buckhorn Wilderness it provided all the light
      needed to follow the trail on an inky black night.

      EDIT: This sentence either needs to be split in two or needs a
      connector like "where" added after "Wilderness"

      In addition to that the headlamp light will flicker three times
      quickly
      to let the user know that there are at 30% on battery life.

      EDIT: "30% OF battery life."

      There has been some noticeable drop off in the lights brightness

      EDIT: "light's"

      - How durable is the tilt screw that allows the lamp to be
      adjusted? (Actually not a screw but a gear and tooth method that
      seems pretty durable on initial inspection)

      COMMENT: Can you comment on this durability after four months of
      testing?

      - Petzl lists multiple burn times at 20 C (68 F), what are the
      burn times for the lamp in real world conditions? (I am currently at
      11 hours of burn time on the initial set of batteries.)

      EDIT: Earlier in the report you said 20 hours.

      - Can the batteries be easily changed in the dark?

      EDIT: Any answer on this, the final report? Since you haven't run the
      batteries down yet, I would suggest changing them anyway to answer
      this question.