EDIT: FR - Sierra Designs Echo Sleeping Bag Kenny B

  • cmcrooker
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2006
      Sierra Designs Echo Sleeping Bag
      Field Report
      January 27, 2006
      Ken Bigelow

      Hey Kenny,
      I snowshoed in along the Red Pine Lakes trail last week and camped.
      Gorgeous - especially to a desert girl. Can you recommend another
      good trail in the Wasatch where avvy gear is not required?

      Good writeup! Minor edit suggestions follow enclosed between *** ***
      symbols.
      Carol, Monitor

      I spent three nights in the Echo with my arms, feet, and for one
      night, my entire upper body were bare and exposed to the bag's
      material.
      ***Reads better if you remove "were" ***

      Laying my crossed arms on my chest provided the little resistance to
      adjusting my position, but I find my arms fall asleep
      ***I think this sentence works better if you remove "the" in front
      of resistance, but I may be misreading this. ***
    • Kenny B
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2006
        Hi Carol

        Thanks for the edits! They are incorporated and
        uploaded. Try Big Cottonwood Canyon for less avvy
        danger. Both Desolation Lake and Lake Blanche are
        beautiful trails. You could also do Dog Lake or
        Mineral Fork. I actually prefer White Pine in Lil'
        Cottonwood to Red Pine (both are awesome), but an
        avalanche killed a kid up there a few winters back so
        it's certainly more dangerous. Glad to hear you
        enjoyed your trip.

        Cheers
        Kenny B

        http://mail.yahoo.com