EDIT- Keela Rock SDP Jacket (Curt)

  • Rick
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 26, 2006
      Gear: Keela Rock Jacket
      Tester: Curt Peterson
      Monitor: Rick Allnutt
      Edited Jan 26 2006

      Curt,

      Nice report. I have no grammatical corrections.

      I do have two things I would like you to correct:

      1)

      Look at your background statement with a view to shortening it by a
      sentence or two. The reader needs to know what kind of backpacking you
      do, but does not need to know that you have tested equipment for REI in
      the past.

      2)

      Look at your test plan with a great deal of energy and with a well
      sharpened red pen. It does not read well just as a quote from your
      application. By now, most of these questions are either answered or they
      will probably not be answered. You may just want to keep those questions
      you are still wondering about, or you may want to summarize the findings
      under several of the items... I have done and seen it done either way.
      But to include many of the items as questions when you have just
      addressed the item in your report does not make sense to me.

      Examples:

      2) Fit – I will report on any fit issues that arise ...

      ###Either leave this out or just say that it fits well... You said as much earlier in the report.

      6) Water Proofing – Obviously a vital feature of a waterproof-
      breathable jacket. Simply, does it keep precipitation from entering
      the jacket?

      ###It was an important question - which you have already answered...

      I have no interest in changing your style, but the long quote from earlier reports is not necessary and detracts from what you do now know and have said in this Field Report.

      Walk Well my friend,

      Rick
      Keela Monitor/Moderator