LTR - Seattle Sports LedHedz Cruizer 10 - Curry

  • mrqcace
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 26, 2006
      Good Day:
      Here is my LTR on the Ledhedz, the html version is here:

      http://tinyurl.com/dww68

      Regards,

      Russell

      LONG TERM REPORT
      SEATTLE SPORTS LEDHEDZ CRUIZER 10

      Seattle Sports Logo
      January 26, 2006
      Tester Biography:

      Name: Russell Curry
      Age: 58
      Height: 6'0" (1.83 m)
      Weight: 182 lbs (83 kg)
      Email: mrqcace@...
      City, State, Country: Orange, Texas, USA

      Backpacking Background:

      My hiking experiences began in the 1960s. My travels include hikes in
      Europe, the Mediterranean, Canada, Alaska, and most Eastern and
      Western states in a variety of terrain. I hike in all seasons, in
      temperatures as low as 5 F (-15 C) to as high as 110 F (43 C), in
      rain, shine and snow and from desert to forest to mountain. My pack
      weights vary from 25 lbs (11 kg) to 10 lbs (5 kg).

      Product Identification:

      Item: Micro Hat Lamp Model Cruizer 10
      Manufacturer: Seattle Sports
      Website: http://www.seattlesportsco.com
      Year of Manufacturer: 2005
      Warranty: 90 day limited warranty to repair or replace unit, at
      manufacturer's choice, and only to original purchaser.
      MSRP: $7.95

      Product Description:

      Rubberized housing
      Super Bright lamp
      Hands free design
      Bulb: 0.4 in (10 mm) LED
      Weight: 0.5 oz (14 g)
      Batteries: Two 3V Lithium Cell CR2025 (included)
      Total Weight: Light with keychain 0.8 oz (23 g)

      LedHedz Profile

      For a more detailed description of this light and other concerns
      please see my Initial Review and Field Report.

      Long Term Testing:

      I carry this light with me every day. I have used it on 4 different
      hikes varying from an overnighter to a week-long trek in the Rocky
      Mountains. Temperatures have ranged from 30 to 95 F (-1 to 35 C). I
      also use it around the home and in other situations when I need a
      quick beam. On my hikes, I have found it to work well as a tent light,
      to find items at night in my gear bags, to check a stake and other
      type activities that do not require me to walk around in the dark. It
      excels when I use it at night to review my maps. While the beam is
      sufficient for me to use at night inside my camp area, I have found
      that the beam is just not as bright as I desire for making nature
      calls at night into the woods or camp privy. I have found at night the
      light is more like a miniature flood light, and while it does light up
      a general area, it does not provide me with the focused beam at a
      distance long enough that I like to be able to discern tree roots,
      potholes, or other similar type obstacles. The light excels for what I
      feel it was designed for, a quick light for short distances, for
      emergency type situations where a quick beam is required, for
      reviewing maps or similar data in a darkened tent, car, or around the
      campfire. It works on most, but not all, of my headwear. It causes the
      wide brim of my hiking hat to droop, and does not work with my
      balaclava that I wear around camp and sleep in.

      I have not had to change batteries on the light. For the things that I
      use it for, there is still plenty of light when needed. I have not
      used the light in the rain, but I have exposed it to considerable
      dampness and high humidity conditions and have not noticed any
      degradation in the light, switch or other parts. The button on the
      light has stayed secure and shows no signs of wear. The light has held
      up very well considering I have carried it around on my keychain
      almost since the first day of receiving it. The key chain attachment
      has worked well with no failures.

      I have found the LedHedz Cruizer 10 lamp to be a versatile,
      lightweight, durable light that excels for quick uses, emergency
      lighting and for general use around my campsites. It is easy to carry
      and will adapt to certain types of hat brims. It provides sufficient
      lumination for short-term and short-range use. It is sturdy, adaptable
      to my keychain, some hats, as a jacket zipper pull or to just keep in
      my car. Overall, this is a great little lamp to take on any trip or
      excursion, or to keep in my car or pocket for unexpected situations.

      Russell Curry
    • Alex Tweedly
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 3, 2006
        EDIT: LTR - Seattle Sports LedHedz Cruizer 10 - Curry

        Russell, I found almost nothing to edit - very clean, easy report.

        mrqcace wrote:

        >LONG TERM REPORT
        >SEATTLE SPORTS LEDHEDZ CRUIZER 10
        >
        >Product Description:
        >
        >Rubberized housing
        >Super Bright lamp
        >Hands free design
        >Bulb: 0.4 in (10 mm) LED
        >Weight: 0.5 oz (14 g)
        >Batteries: Two 3V Lithium Cell CR2025 (included)
        >Total Weight: Light with keychain 0.8 oz (23 g)
        >
        >LedHedz Profile
        >
        >For a more detailed description of this light and other concerns
        >please see my Initial Review and Field Report.

        comment: your phrasing here ("and other concerns") makes it sound like
        there are significant concerns in the other reports that aren't echoed
        or repeated here. I don't think that's the case (certainly nothing I saw
        in a quick re-read), so I wonder if rephrasing this might be a good idea.

        --
        Alex Tweedly http://www.tweedly.net