Arrived: Victronix Spirit (Becki Stacy)

  • becki_s19
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 1 10:53 AM
      Arrived April 1.

      No Foolin'.

      It's finally here! They shipped it to Warren, WI instead of Warren,
      MI.... can we track to see where the error was made, or does the
      shipping mistake not really apply? I don't ercall seeing an online
      store directly on their site. On the packing list it gives the
      state as WI but my correzt zip. On the UPS label they give the WI
      zip. I guess they figure that it's easier to mess up entering in the
      zip than the city and state...would be nice if there's software
      companies can use to make sure at least the city and state jive with
      the zip.

      Anyhoo.... I recieved model 30227L. Spirit (basic)with leather
      pouch. I was wondering if it would be just the basic model or
      Spirit plus. I had erad the download thoroughly before submitting
      my application, but it didn't really compute that there were 2
      different main setups until I started checking out how much they go
      for at retailers. I'm going to include this stuff on my IR, but the
      initial 'Spirit' page is a bit misleading as to what is included- no
      mention is made that there is a 'plus' version where you get the
      bits and corkscrew. You have to download the Spirit brochure to
      find out the various options. Also, the mini screwdriver (37) is
      not labeled with '37' on the .pdf file. Everything else is
      identified by number, I think their graphics person left it out by
      mistake. They should probably fix the webpage (to specify there's
      more than 1 basic option, and to label the mini-screwdriver) as soon
      as possible to avoid any further confusion.

      Overall, it still looks like a *very* nice multitool to have, the
      only item on the Plus that I'm upset about not getting is the mini
      screwdriver.... My husband and I wear glasses and it would've been
      nice to have it *just in case*.
    • Edward Ripley-Duggan
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 1 12:42 PM
        Hi Becki,

        I'd say (unofficial advice) to do a brief review of the website in your OR
        including how easy (or not) it is to navigate, whether it's obvious what
        options are available for each product &c. As to the shipping, I don't
        think it's worth remarking on. I'd be surprised if they didn't have
        zip/town matching software, but this may have come from other than their
        usual shipping department,

        Enjoy!

        Ted.

        Reply to: erd@...
        WILSEY RARE BOOKS, MEMBER ABAA
        http://www.wilsey.net
        Phone: (845) 657-7057 Fax: (845) 657-2366
      • JimSabis@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 1 1:23 PM
          Becky,

          I would not get into the shipping issues. In fact, recent dictates say we
          should steer clear of packing and shipping details. Not everyone will be ordering
          from the same source.

          As regards models and options, I was not aware of the plus option either.
          Just make note of the model options. Web page info is of interest, but is
          secondary to the product and should be addressed briefly.

          Jim S.
          Test Moderator

        • jetriple@rockwellcollins.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 4 6:05 AM
            On the other hand, there is nothing wrong with saying "after some shipping
            delays I finally received the Victronix on April 1, 2005." This would set
            the tone that you were anxious to get the product, and also inform the
            more astute reader as to the reason your initial report was dated
            significantly after the other reports. I wouldn't go into any further
            detail though.

            Just my $.02. Nothing official.

            James T.
            BGT Edit Moderator

          • JimSabis@aol.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 4 7:29 AM
              In a message dated 4/4/2005 9:07:58 AM Eastern Standard Time,
              jetriple@... writes:
              On the other hand, there is nothing wrong with saying "after some shipping
              delays I finally received the Victronix on April 1, 2005." This would set
              the tone that you were anxious to get the product, and also inform the
              more astute reader as to the reason your initial report was dated
              significantly after the other reports. I wouldn't go into any further
              detail though.

              Just my $.02. Nothing official.

              James T.
              BGT Edit Moderator