Re: [backpackgeartesters] Edit: Kershaw Rainbow Leek Knife Field Report: Mike Lipay

  • Mike Lipay
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 1, 2006
      Alex, thanks. I made the changes, but have a question:

      On Jan 1, 2006, at 5:16 PM, Alex Tweedly wrote:

      > Official edit: Kershaw Rainbow Leek Knife Field Report: Mike Lipay
      >
      >> Mfg. Specs from website
      >> Model 1660VIB
      >> Closed 4 in. (10.1 cm)
      >>
      >> Personal measurements
      >> Blade 2-7/8 in. (7.3 cm)
      >> Closed 4 in. (10.2 cm)
      >>

      > comment: I assume the discrepancy (10.1 cm vs 10.2 cm) is because you
      > actually measured in cm ??

      I measured in mm, not sure how Kershaw measure. The difference wasn't
      enough in inches to matter. Do you want me to make both of them 10.1?

      >> Home Usage: There are no dates for this, as I have been using it
      >> continuously over the last two months. During this time I have used
      >> the Kershaw Rainbow Leek for every task a knife can be used for:
      >>

      > amused comment: "have used [it] for every task a knife can be used
      > for"
      > Really. That's a pretty bold claim. I can think of many uses a
      > knife can
      > be used for that you haven't mentioned here.
      > :-)

      Home Usage: There are no dates for this, as I have been using it
      continuously over the last two months. During this time I have used
      the Kershaw Rainbow Leek for every task I had:
    • Alex Tweedly
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 1, 2006
        Mike Lipay wrote:

        >Alex, thanks. I made the changes, but have a question:
        >
        >On Jan 1, 2006, at 5:16 PM, Alex Tweedly wrote:
        >

        >>Official edit: Kershaw Rainbow Leek Knife Field Report: Mike Lipay
        >>

        >>>Mfg. Specs from website
        >>>Model 1660VIB
        >>>Closed 4 in. (10.1 cm)
        >>>
        >>>Personal measurements
        >>>Blade 2-7/8 in. (7.3 cm)
        >>>Closed 4 in. (10.2 cm)
        >>>

        >>comment: I assume the discrepancy (10.1 cm vs 10.2 cm) is because you
        >>actually measured in cm ??
        >>

        >I measured in mm, not sure how Kershaw measure. The difference wasn't
        >enough in inches to matter. Do you want me to make both of them 10.1?

        No, leave it as is. If you measured it at 10.2 cm (or 102 mm) that's
        what you should say. The Kershaw site has various knives measured at "4
        in (10.1 cm)" up to "4 in (10.3 cm)" so clearly they are measuring
        precisely enough to justify the accuracy given in Mfr specs.

        --
        Alex Tweedly http://www.tweedly.net