Re: [backpackgeartesters] Re: Kershaw Rainbow Leek Knife Field Reports, 1/3/2006, 12:00 pm

  • Mike Lipay
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 1, 2006
      Well, I can see my new year is off to a good start.

      mike

      On Jan 1, 2006, at 4:10 PM, Alex Tweedly wrote:

      > Actually, you accidentally uploaded it to the real folder, not to the
      > test area.
      > If you can, you should delete it (or a kind Moderator could do it
      > instead).
    • Alex Tweedly
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 1, 2006
        Official edit: Kershaw Rainbow Leek Knife Field Report: Mike Lipay

        Mike - you are off to a good start for the year - you've got a report in
        on time, with hardly any edits, comments, or even suggestions required.
        Well done !

        >Kershaw Rainbow Leek Knife - Initial Report
        >by Mike Lipay - January 1, 2006

        Should be Field Report

        >Mfg. Specs from website
        >Model 1660VIB
        >Closed 4 in. (10.1 cm)
        >
        >Personal measurements
        >Blade 2-7/8 in. (7.3 cm)
        >Closed 4 in. (10.2 cm)

        comment: I assume the discrepancy (10.1 cm vs 10.2 cm) is because you
        actually measured in cm ??

        >Home Usage: There are no dates for this, as I have been using it
        >continuously over the last two months. During this time I have used
        >the Kershaw Rainbow Leek for every task a knife can be used for:

        amused comment: "have used [it] for every task a knife can be used for"
        Really. That's a pretty bold claim. I can think of many uses a knife can
        be used for that you haven't mentioned here.
        :-)

        >Future Plans:
        > • Immediate plans are to test the Kershaw Rainbow Leak’s ability to

        edit: Leek's (not Leak's)

        --
        Alex Tweedly http://www.tweedly.net

      • Mike Lipay
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 1, 2006
          Alex, thanks. I made the changes, but have a question:

          On Jan 1, 2006, at 5:16 PM, Alex Tweedly wrote:

          > Official edit: Kershaw Rainbow Leek Knife Field Report: Mike Lipay
          >
          >> Mfg. Specs from website
          >> Model 1660VIB
          >> Closed 4 in. (10.1 cm)
          >>
          >> Personal measurements
          >> Blade 2-7/8 in. (7.3 cm)
          >> Closed 4 in. (10.2 cm)
          >>

          > comment: I assume the discrepancy (10.1 cm vs 10.2 cm) is because you
          > actually measured in cm ??

          I measured in mm, not sure how Kershaw measure. The difference wasn't
          enough in inches to matter. Do you want me to make both of them 10.1?

          >> Home Usage: There are no dates for this, as I have been using it
          >> continuously over the last two months. During this time I have used
          >> the Kershaw Rainbow Leek for every task a knife can be used for:
          >>

          > amused comment: "have used [it] for every task a knife can be used
          > for"
          > Really. That's a pretty bold claim. I can think of many uses a
          > knife can
          > be used for that you haven't mentioned here.
          > :-)

          Home Usage: There are no dates for this, as I have been using it
          continuously over the last two months. During this time I have used
          the Kershaw Rainbow Leek for every task I had:
        • Alex Tweedly
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 1, 2006
            Mike Lipay wrote:

            >Alex, thanks. I made the changes, but have a question:
            >
            >On Jan 1, 2006, at 5:16 PM, Alex Tweedly wrote:
            >

            >>Official edit: Kershaw Rainbow Leek Knife Field Report: Mike Lipay
            >>

            >>>Mfg. Specs from website
            >>>Model 1660VIB
            >>>Closed 4 in. (10.1 cm)
            >>>
            >>>Personal measurements
            >>>Blade 2-7/8 in. (7.3 cm)
            >>>Closed 4 in. (10.2 cm)
            >>>

            >>comment: I assume the discrepancy (10.1 cm vs 10.2 cm) is because you
            >>actually measured in cm ??
            >>

            >I measured in mm, not sure how Kershaw measure. The difference wasn't
            >enough in inches to matter. Do you want me to make both of them 10.1?

            No, leave it as is. If you measured it at 10.2 cm (or 102 mm) that's
            what you should say. The Kershaw site has various knives measured at "4
            in (10.1 cm)" up to "4 in (10.3 cm)" so clearly they are measuring
            precisely enough to justify the accuracy given in Mfr specs.

            --
            Alex Tweedly http://www.tweedly.net