Inka Pen LTR - Marie-Noëlle

  • Marie-Noëlle Augendre
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2005
      Hi Rosaleen,

      Here is my Inka Pen LTR.
      HTML is uploaded in the test folder at http://tinyurl.com/9ms62

      Thanks for your edits,
      Marie-Noëlle

      Inka Pen - Long Term Report
      December 31, 2005

      The Inka Pen used full-size

      Reviewer information
      Name Marie-Noëlle Augendre I started backpacking eight years ago,
      day-hiking in Ile-de-France all year round, and doing several one or
      two-weeks trips in more mountainous regions (Corsica, Pyrénées,
      Cévennes, Lubéron, etc.) each year.

      In the past two years, I have gradually lightened my pack load as I
      went for a hammock, an alcohol stove, a light pack and trainers.

      Nowadays, I am more and more attracted to the outdoor way of living,
      to the point I am moving to northern Quebec in a few months, in order
      to spend as much time as possible not only backpacking, but also
      kayaking, canoeing, snowshoeing, dog-sledding, etc.
      Age 47
      Gender Female
      Height about 5 ft 2 in (1.57 m)
      Weight 152 lb (69 kg)
      Email address augendre.bgt@...
      City, Country Paris, France

      Product Information
      Manufacturer Inka
      URL http://www.inkacorp.com
      Listed weight 0.60 oz (17 g)
      Actual weight 0.51 oz (16 g)
      MSRP $25.00

      This is the closing report of a series of three:

      * for a complete description of the Inka Pen and my first
      impressions, please refer to my Initial Report

      * field testing during the first two-month period is related in my
      Field Report

      * this last report closes the four-month testing period and has
      two main purposes: confirm or invalidate the observations made during
      the previous period, and report on the condition of the Inka Pen after
      a prolonged usage.

      During the past four months, the Inka Pen has been the only pen I have
      taken everywhere with me. It is permanently clipped to my keyring, so
      there is no way I can forget and leave it at home. Thus, it is always
      handy when I need to take notes on the move.

      The last two months gave me the opportunity to widen the testing
      conditions, especially in very cold environment: it has been exposed
      during several hours to temperatures as low as -13°F (-25°C), that has
      not affected any of its capabilities. Unfortunately, I got no
      opportunity to use it in salt-water environment, so I cannot assure it
      is really corrosion-proof.

      All the time but once, I've used it in its short size, as the assembly
      requires to handle several parts at a time. The only time I set it up
      for writing, I was about to copy a long recipe (see top picture), and
      I did it inside, on a table where I could work properly.

      Conclusion

      I am very satisfied with the Inka Pen, which has proved its efficiency
      in every condition encountered during this four-month testing period.
      I might have not bought it as I am not sure I would have fully
      appreciated its assets without having tested it beforehand; but I have
      got used to have with me all the time, and it is now part of my
      essential gear.

      I still question the usefulness of the PDA stylus tip, however. And I
      wonder somewhat about the cartridge life-expectancy, as there appear
      to be no way to estimate the ink consumption.

      I would like to renew my thanks to Inka Corp. and BackpackGearTest.org
      to have given me the opportunity to value the Inka Pen.

      --
      Marie-Noëlle
      Wilderness Addict