Stop all uploads!

  • Jerry Goller
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 30, 2005
      Stop all uploads immediately. We are being moved to a new server at our
      hosting company. I'll notify you when we can resume uploading.

      Jerry

      reviews and tests on the planet.
    • Brian
      Message 2 of 14 , Nov 30, 2005
        We broke it SWEET!!!

        3 o'clock time to crash a hard drive.....

        Brian

        Message 3 of 14 , Nov 30, 2005
          Naw...even though they won't admit it, they oversold the server. They are
          moving us to one with a lighter load.

          Jerry

          _____

          3 o'clock time to crash a hard drive.....

          Brian

          On 11/30/05, Jerry Goller <ChiefModerator@...> wrote:
          > Stop all uploads immediately. We are being moved to a new server at our
          > hosting company. I'll notify you when we can resume uploading.

          _____

          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

          * Visit your group "backpackgeartesters
          <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/backpackgeartesters> " on the web.

          <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

          _____

        • Brian
          Message 4 of 14 , Nov 30, 2005
            By this point we should have our own dedicated server anyway.

            Brian

            On 11/30/05, Jerry Goller <ChiefModerator@...> wrote:
            > Naw...even though they won't admit it, they oversold the server. They are
            > moving us to one with a lighter load.
            >
            > Jerry

          • Jerry Goller
            Message 5 of 14 , Nov 30, 2005
              We're getting close. But then we're going to have to figure out how to pay
              for it. I'm at my limits so it's going to have to come from you all....

              Jerry

              _____

              By this point we should have our own dedicated server anyway.

              Brian

              On 11/30/05, Jerry Goller <ChiefModerator@...> wrote:
              > Naw...even though they won't admit it, they oversold the server. They are
              > moving us to one with a lighter load.
              >
              > Jerry

              Outdoor
              <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Outdoor+recreation&w1=Outdoor+recreatio
              n&w2=Recreation+vehicles&w3=Gsi+outdoors&w4=Outdoors&w5=Recreation+jobs&w6=R
              ecreation+jobs&c=6&s=123&.sig=oFEu6xvdIQZDa5H6NxqHUQ> recreation
              Recreation
              <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Recreation+vehicles&w1=Outdoor+recreati
              on&w2=Recreation+vehicles&w3=Gsi+outdoors&w4=Outdoors&w5=Recreation+jobs&w6=
              Recreation+jobs&c=6&s=123&.sig=sntvw2-82wrdGg8FArPyjQ> vehicles Gsi
              <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Gsi+outdoors&w1=Outdoor+recreation&w2=R
              ecreation+vehicles&w3=Gsi+outdoors&w4=Outdoors&w5=Recreation+jobs&w6=Recreat
              ion+jobs&c=6&s=123&.sig=aFyHKEWMvkvuveBXoxGRkQ> outdoors
              Outdoors
              <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Outdoors&w1=Outdoor+recreation&w2=Recre
              ation+vehicles&w3=Gsi+outdoors&w4=Outdoors&w5=Recreation+jobs&w6=Recreation+
              jobs&c=6&s=123&.sig=9SDgba5mFnwqIoWVLCJqSA> Recreation
              <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Recreation+jobs&w1=Outdoor+recreation&w
              2=Recreation+vehicles&w3=Gsi+outdoors&w4=Outdoors&w5=Recreation+jobs&w6=Recr
              eation+jobs&c=6&s=123&.sig=Y_4FwVWw5PLv3gIz2-eGxQ> jobs Recreation
              <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Recreation+jobs&w1=Outdoor+recreation&w
              2=Recreation+vehicles&w3=Gsi+outdoors&w4=Outdoors&w5=Recreation+jobs&w6=Recr
              eation+jobs&c=6&s=123&.sig=Y_4FwVWw5PLv3gIz2-eGxQ> jobs

              _____

              YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

              * Visit your group "backpackgeartesters
              <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/backpackgeartesters> " on the web.

              <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

              _____

            • Mike Lipay
              Message 6 of 14 , Nov 30, 2005
                Honestly, I would not object to a $10-$20 annual fee to help support
                BGT.

                mike

                On Nov 30, 2005, at 4:09 PM, Jerry Goller wrote:

                > We're getting close. But then we're going to have to figure out how
                > to pay
                > for it. I'm at my limits so it's going to have to come from you
                > all....
                >
                > Jerry
              • colonelcorn76
                Message 7 of 14 , Nov 30, 2005
                  --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "Jerry Goller"
                  <ChiefModerator@B...> wrote:

                  > We're getting close. But then we're going to have to figure out how
                  to pay
                  > for it.

                  How much for a year's hosting?

                  Jim
                • Jerry Goller
                  Message 8 of 14 , Nov 30, 2005
                    I really don't want one or two people paying for all of us. Let's see how it
                    goes at the time.

                    I think it is going to run $900 to $1000 a year but we won't know until we
                    actually start shopping. Our move to a different server should hold that off
                    for awhile.

                    Jerry

                    _____

                    > We're getting close. But then we're going to have to figure out how
                    to pay
                    > for it.

                    How much for a year's hosting?

                    Jim

                    _____

                    Message 9 of 14 , Nov 30, 2005
                      Which is why the products at Cafe press were invented folks.

                      Check out all the new stuff lined up for 2006.

                      www.cafepress.com/bgt2006

                      Brian

                      > I think it is going to run $900 to $1000 a year but we won't know until we
                      > actually start shopping. Our move to a different server should hold that
                      > off
                      > for awhile.
                    • AsABat
                      Message 10 of 14 , Nov 30, 2005
                        I would suggest those so inclined to remember Jerry the Benefactor when
                        doing your Christmas shopping this year. A small gift to Jerry via
                        PayPal (his account is jerrygoller@... ) would help
                        support BackpackGearTest. For those that don't know, Jerry pays all our
                        costs himself. If you received a couple cool items to test, or just
                        want to support the BackpackGearTest concept, remember Jerry this
                        season.

                        Bill

                        > I think it is going to run $900 to $1000 a year but we won't know
                        until we
                        > actually start shopping. Our move to a different server should hold
                        that off
                        > for awhile.
                      • Roger Caffin
                        Message 11 of 14 , Dec 1, 2005
                          > Which is why the products at Cafe press were invented folks.
                          > Check out all the new stuff lined up for 2006.
                          >
                          > www.cafepress.com/bgt2006
                          >
                          > > I think it is going to run $900 to $1000 a year but we won't know until we
                          > > actually start shopping. Our move to a different server should hold that
                          > > off
                          > > for awhile.

                          Buy a calendar! You get real value, great pictures, something to show off with ...
                          (Yes, I bought three.)
                          [ Psuedo-legal disclosure of interest: it has some of my photos in it .... :-) ]

                          Cheers
                          Roger Caffin
                        • AsABat
                          Message 12 of 14 , Dec 1, 2005
                            (Trying again so the email address works:)

                            I would suggest those so inclined to remember Jerry the Benefactor when
                            doing your Christmas shopping this year. A small gift to Jerry via
                            PayPal (his account is his name ("jerrygoller") at who we are
                            ("backpackgeartest.org")) would help support BackpackGearTest. For
                            those that don't know, Jerry pays all our costs himself. If you
                            received a couple cool items to test, or just want to support the
                            BackpackGearTest concept, remember Jerry this season.

                            Bill

                            > > I think it is going to run $900 to $1000 a year but we won't know
                            > until we
                            > > actually start shopping. Our move to a different server should hold
                            > that off
                            > > for awhile.

                          • Brian
                            Message 13 of 14 , Dec 3, 2005