Ray Estrella BIP

  • rayestrella1
    Message 1 of 29 , Nov 27, 2005
      Hello to all, I am back.

      Ray
    • rayestrella1
      Message 2 of 29 , Mar 4, 2006
        Hello to all,

        I am back a day early. It is snowing like crazy in the Sierra. I had
        12 - 15 inches in about three hours Friday am. I wish we could get
        some of it in our southern mountains.

        Ray
      • rayestrella1
        Message 3 of 29 , Mar 26, 2006
          Did not make it out. Got the flu friday evening, spent Saturday in
          bed. Joy.

          Ray
        • rayestrella1
          Message 4 of 29 , Mar 31, 2006
            I am back, lots of snow on San Jacinto and more coming down right now.

            Ray
          • rayestrella1
            Message 5 of 29 , Jul 2, 2006
              Hello to all. I hope you had a great weekend.

              Ray
            • rayestrella1
              Message 6 of 29 , Jul 4, 2006
                I'm back, I'm tired.

                Ray
              • rayestrella1
                Message 7 of 29 , Jul 15, 2006
                  I'm back
                • rayestrella1
                  Message 8 of 29 , Jul 30, 2006
                    I am back. What a trip. I got to use the Elites in a big way. Updated
                    copy will follow.

                    Ray
                  • rayestrella1
                    Message 9 of 29 , Jul 31, 2006
                      --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "rayestrella1"
                      <rayestrella@...> wrote:

                      > I am back. What a trip. I got to use the Elites in a big way. Updated
                      > copy will follow.

                      Here is a TR of my trip if anybody give a darn...

                      http://forums.backpacker.com/eve/forums?
                      a=tpc&s=865105&f=603107219&m=1441048601&r=1441048601#1441048601
                    • rayestrella1
                      Message 10 of 29 , Aug 13, 2006
                        Hi gang, I am back.

                        I do not see that Colleen is BIP so I will get Marie Noell's Tetrtsock
                        edit tonight.

                        Ray
                      • rayestrella1
                        Message 11 of 29 , Aug 25, 2006
                          I am back. Will be traveling again tomorrow back to CA.

                          Raymond Estrella
                        • rayestrella1
                          Message 12 of 29 , Sep 4, 2006
                            I am back and tired. I got a lot done at Dads's though.

                            Ray
                          • rayestrella1
                            Message 13 of 29 , Mar 26, 2007
                              Ray Estrella BIP
                            • rayestrella1
                              Message 14 of 29 , Apr 9 3:55 AM
                                Ray Estrella BIP
                              • rayestrella1
                                Message 15 of 29 , Aug 6, 2007
                                  Ray Estrella BIP
                                • rayestrella1
                                  Message 16 of 29 , Aug 20, 2007
                                    Ray Estrella BIP
                                  • rayestrella1
                                    Message 17 of 29 , Aug 27, 2007
                                      Ray Estrella BIP
                                    • rayestrella1
                                      Message 18 of 29 , Oct 2, 2007
                                        Ray Estrella BIP

                                        For the fourth year in a row we have gotten snow on our last 3-season
                                        Sierra hike of the year.

                                        Ray
                                      • rayestrella1
                                        Message 19 of 29 , Oct 9, 2007
                                          Ray Estrella BIP

                                          Winter is here!

                                          Ray
                                        • rayestrella1
                                          Message 20 of 29 , Nov 4, 2007
                                            Ray Estrella BIP

                                            Got up at 3:30 AM Saturday and headed for the mountains and got a
                                            surprise. All our forests are closed. Not just some areas, the whole
                                            forest. We had to divert to a section of the southern PCT but had gear
                                            for mountains. One hot weekend. Had to hike a lot shirtless. Shane
                                            would have loved it…

                                            Ray
                                          • Ralph Ditton
                                            Message 21 of 29 , Nov 4, 2007
                                              What, not bottomless also? Shane would be disappointed in you <g>

                                              That's a bummer (pun intended) with the forest being closed.

                                              Ralph

                                              _____

                                              Message 22 of 29 , Nov 4, 2007
                                                Ouch. Sorry, Ray. I was actually going to ask you what's open since all the Forests are closed.
                                                I'm planning a trip to Catalina myself. As far as I know, there's not one place open that I can
                                                hike with puppies, which makes things difficult for me. Can you think of any places open to
                                                backpack in southern California? So far I've come up with Catalina, Joshua Tree and Death
                                                Valley. Anywhere else?

                                                Sheila

                                                --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "rayestrella1" <rayestrella@...> wrote:

                                                > Ray Estrella BIP
                                                >
                                                > Got up at 3:30 AM Saturday and headed for the mountains and got a
                                                > surprise. All our forests are closed. Not just some areas, the whole
                                                > forest. We had to divert to a section of the southern PCT but had gear
                                                > for mountains. One hot weekend. Had to hike a lot shirtless. Shane
                                                > would have loved it…
                                                >
                                                > Ray

                                              • rayestrella1
                                                Message 23 of 29 , Nov 4, 2007
                                                  --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "S" <geosheila@...> wrote:

                                                  > Ouch. Sorry, Ray. I was actually going to ask you what's open

                                                  Hi Sheila,

                                                  Call ahead first. I was working the phone like crazy as we were
                                                  driving back down. A lot of county controlled areas are open. All of
                                                  the BLM land is open but as you may know it is not the nicest or most
                                                  scenic to hike in. I do a lot anyways. Make sure you go to one of
                                                  their offices and get a fire permit though. You need it for a stove
                                                  too. We are switching some of our fastpacks to the Tehachapi's and
                                                  the PCT south of Anza. We did the PCT between San Jacinto and San
                                                  Gorgonio Wildernesses this weekend, going from one closed area to
                                                  another. I have never hiked under a train and a freeway before.

                                                  Word is that all of our State and Federal forests are going to be
                                                  closed unit "significant rainfall or snow". That is going to mean
                                                  more trips to the Sierra for my tests as I have been applying for the
                                                  winter stuff for high elevation. It just does not work by Palms
                                                  Springs and Joshua Tree, you know?

                                                  Ray
                                                • rayestrella1
                                                  Message 24 of 29 , Dec 2, 2007
                                                    Ray Estrella BIP

                                                    Winter is here, the water is back, I am happy. We got snowed on for
                                                    most of Saturday, yippee!

                                                    Ray
                                                  • rayestrella1
                                                    Message 25 of 29 , Jan 3, 2008
                                                      Ray Estrella BIP

                                                      And sitting in an airport trying to catch up.

                                                      Ray
                                                    • rayestrella1
                                                      Message 26 of 29 , Jan 29, 2008
                                                        Ray Estrella BIP

                                                        Among all of the other things I had going, I got to go to the OR show
                                                        one day and see a bunch of old friends in the industry (and get
                                                        introduced to new ones, those folks move fast) and check out the latest
                                                        in 4-season gear. I ran into our Jason B and got to meet our new tester
                                                        Christopher (who I have known as Bootfitter for almost 5 years).

                                                        I will get to any OR and monitor edits right away. Now I have to go see
                                                        how much snow we got in MY mountains while I was gone. I love storms.

                                                        Ray
                                                      • rayestrella1
                                                        Message 27 of 29 , Feb 4, 2008
                                                          Ray Estrella BIP

                                                          Ray
                                                        • rayestrella1
                                                          Message 28 of 29 , Aug 12, 2008
                                                            Ray Estrella BIP

                                                            The kids and I had a great final trip of the summer. We caught lots of
                                                            frogs…

                                                            Ray
                                                          • rayestrella1
                                                            Message 29 of 29 , May 18, 2009