Protect your peepers

  • Rebecca
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 21, 2005
      We've got some snazzy eyewear to test!

      Smith has asked us to provide reviews of their new Ignitor lens. This is a
      new lens to go with their Interchangable series, similar to the current Rose
      Copper tint.

      Information about this lens is not yet available on the Smith website, but I
      got this marketing blurb so you know what you are applying for.

      The Ignitor lens tint was tested and developed exclusively by Smith Optics
      for all outdoor activities; including cycling, mountain biking, golf, and
      hiking. The lens was designed to highlight shadows in all types of terrain,
      increase color definition, and decrease eye fatigue. The Ignitor also
      includes a multi-layer mirror coating for maximum UV protection, and
      hydrophobic lens coating to reduce dirt and sweat adhesion. As always, TLT
      optics is used to ensure the highest level of visual integrity. All in all,
      the Ignitor lens tint offers the ultimate in outdoor performance for all
      types of conditions.

      Product Details:

      * The next evolution of the ever popular RC36. The Ignitor lens tint
      offers excellent visual clarity for all light conditions.

      * Gray-Copper base lens tint ideal for all weather conditions

      * Highlights shadows and increases color definition.

      * Multi-layer mirror coating increases eye protection against
      high-energy UV rays

      * Hydrophobic coating reduces dirt, sweat, and grease adhesion

      * Distortion-free TLT Optics ensures visual integrity

      Don't have a pair of Smith Interchangable Frames? No problem! This is a
      special two-in-one bonus test! Not only will you receive the Ignitor
      lenses, you'll receive the Factor frames as well, in your frame color
      choice.

      http://www.smithoptics.com/products/sunglass/interchangeable_factor.html

      Testers will write one test series, on the Factor frames with specific
      feedback on the Ignitor lenses. Test plans are expected to detail how this
      testing will be done. This item counts toward the newbie limit. I will
      keep this test call open for one week, until 11:59 pm on Monday November
      28th.

    • gcmehojah
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 21, 2005
        NUTS! Reading this makes me wish my second OR would get done quicker
        :) They look fun to test for mountain biking too. Have fun folks.

        Greg
      • chcoa
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 21, 2005
          What's the hold up Greg?

          jamie

          --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "gcmehojah"
          <gmehojah3@c...> wrote:

          > NUTS! Reading this makes me wish my second OR would get done quicker
          > :) They look fun to test for mountain biking too. Have fun folks.
          >
          > Greg

        • gcmehojah
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 22, 2005
            Just the usual time required when volunteers are involved :) I have
            my second OR posted to the list, but I got it in just before the
            friday que was posted, so no editor has been assigned/picked it up
            yet. As soon as that OR is done, I am going to hit the gear test
            applications like there is no tomorrow!

            Greg

            --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "chcoa" <jdeben@h...> wrote:

            > What's the hold up Greg?
            >
            > jamie
            >
            > --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "gcmehojah"
            > <gmehojah3@c...> wrote:
            > >
            > > NUTS! Reading this makes me wish my second OR would get done quicker
            > > :) They look fun to test for mountain biking too. Have fun folks.
            > >
            > > Greg

          • Marie-Noëlle Augendre
            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 22, 2005
              On 11/22/05, Rebecca <rebecca@...> wrote:

              > Testers will write one test series, on the Factor frames with specific
              > feedback on the Ignitor lenses. Test plans are expected to detail how
              > this
              > testing will be done. This item counts toward the newbie limit. I will
              > keep this test call open for one week, until 11:59 pm on Monday November
              > 28th.

              Will we get the Ignitor lenses only, or will they be provided in addition to
              the usual set of lenses coming with the frame? Implied question is whether
              we'll have to compare the Ignitor lenses to other *ordinary* lenses, or not?

              --
              > Marie-Noëlle
              > Wilderness Addict
              > http://mnaugendre.blogspot.com/

            • chcoa
              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 23, 2005
                Hi Greg,

                The OR queue is a living, breathing, well oiled machine so don't put
                too much stock into the friday report. Things change quickly and
                your report was picked up on the 19th so I'm sure you probably
                already have an edit on the other list somewhere and if not, I'm
                sure you will have one soon.

                What you can do in the mean time is make sure you have your tester
                agreement filled out and mailed in then start writing an app. for
                the items you think you can do a good job testing. It could only
                takes a day or two for an OR to go through the process with a
                diligent writer and a speedy Editor. You could be done in no time
                and then all you have to do is post those pre-prepared apps. Whoo
                hoo!

                <gmehojah3@c...> wrote:

                > Just the usual time required when volunteers are involved :) I
                have
                > my second OR posted to the list, but I got it in just before the
                > friday que was posted, so no editor has been assigned/picked it up
                > yet. As soon as that OR is done, I am going to hit the gear test
                > applications like there is no tomorrow!
                >
                > Greg
                >
                > --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "chcoa" <jdeben@h...>
                wrote:

                > > What's the hold up Greg?
                > >
                > > jamie
                > >
                > > --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "gcmehojah"
                > > <gmehojah3@c...> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > NUTS! Reading this makes me wish my second OR would get done
                quicker
                > > > :) They look fun to test for mountain biking too. Have fun
                folks.

                > > > Greg

              • Rebecca
                Message 7 of 11 , Nov 28, 2005
                  Sorry for the delay - I've been OOP.

                  You will get the standard lenses that come with the frame color you choose,
                  plus the Ignitor lenses.

                  > Testers will write one test series, on the Factor frames with specific
                  > feedback on the Ignitor lenses. Test plans are expected to detail how
                  > this
                  > testing will be done. This item counts toward the newbie limit. I will
                  > keep this test call open for one week, until 11:59 pm on Monday November
                  > 28th.

                  Will we get the Ignitor lenses only, or will they be provided in addition to
                  the usual set of lenses coming with the frame? Implied question is whether
                  we'll have to compare the Ignitor lenses to other *ordinary* lenses, or not?

                  --
                  > Marie-Noëlle
                  > Wilderness Addict
                  > http://mnaugendre.blogspot.com/

                  Yahoo! Groups Links
                • Rebecca
                  Message 8 of 11 , Nov 30, 2005
                    I intended on doing tester selections for this call tonight, but I
                    do not have enough applications. I will keep this open for a few
                    more days and will close it with a 24 hour notice when I have
                    sufficient applications.

                    --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "Rebecca" <rebecca@b...>
                    wrote:

                    > We've got some snazzy eyewear to test!
                    >

                    > Smith has asked us to provide reviews of their new Ignitor lens.
                    This is a
                    > new lens to go with their Interchangable series, similar to the
                    current Rose
                    > Copper tint.
                    >

                    > Information about this lens is not yet available on the Smith
                    website, but I
                    > got this marketing blurb so you know what you are applying for.
                    >

                    > The Ignitor lens tint was tested and developed exclusively by
                    Smith Optics
                    > for all outdoor activities; including cycling, mountain biking,
                    golf, and
                    > hiking. The lens was designed to highlight shadows in all types of
                    terrain,
                    > increase color definition, and decrease eye fatigue. The Ignitor
                    also
                    > includes a multi-layer mirror coating for maximum UV protection,
                    and
                    > hydrophobic lens coating to reduce dirt and sweat adhesion. As
                    always, TLT
                    > optics is used to ensure the highest level of visual integrity.
                    All in all,
                    > the Ignitor lens tint offers the ultimate in outdoor performance
                    for all
                    > types of conditions.
                    >

                    > Product Details:
                    >
                    > * The next evolution of the ever popular RC36. The Ignitor
                    lens tint
                    > offers excellent visual clarity for all light conditions.
                    >
                    > * Gray-Copper base lens tint ideal for all weather
                    conditions

                    > * Highlights shadows and increases color definition.
                    >
                    > * Multi-layer mirror coating increases eye protection
                    against
                    > high-energy UV rays
                    >
                    > * Hydrophobic coating reduces dirt, sweat, and grease
                    adhesion

                    > * Distortion-free TLT Optics ensures visual integrity
                    >

                    > Don't have a pair of Smith Interchangable Frames? No problem!
                    This is a
                    > special two-in-one bonus test! Not only will you receive the
                    Ignitor
                    > lenses, you'll receive the Factor frames as well, in your frame
                    color
                    > choice.

                    http://www.smithoptics.com/products/sunglass/interchangeable_factor.h
                    tml

                    > Testers will write one test series, on the Factor frames with
                    specific
                    > feedback on the Ignitor lenses. Test plans are expected to detail
                    how this
                    > testing will be done. This item counts toward the newbie limit.
                    I will
                    > keep this test call open for one week, until 11:59 pm on Monday
                    November
                    > 28th.

                  • Brian
                    Message 9 of 11 , Nov 30, 2005
                      Cool Didnt see this, but hadnt been looking. I just finished a Smith
                      test, I'll throw my hat in the ring.

                      Brian

                      On 11/30/05, Rebecca <rebecca@...> wrote:
                      > I intended on doing tester selections for this call tonight, but I
                      > do not have enough applications. I will keep this open for a few
                      > more days and will close it with a 24 hour notice when I have
                      > sufficient applications.

                    • J Cornelius
                      Message 10 of 11 , Nov 30, 2005
                        I wear glasses

                        Jodi

                        On 11/30/05, Rebecca <rebecca@...> wrote:

                        > I intended on doing tester selections for this call tonight, but I
                        > do not have enough applications. I will keep this open for a few
                        > more days and will close it with a 24 hour notice when I have
                        > sufficient applications.

                      • Fuzzy
                        Message 11 of 11 , Dec 1, 2005
                          --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, J Cornelius