ATTN Jim - Problem with the Teko Socks

  • Marie-Noëlle Augendre
    Message 1 of 21 , Nov 18, 2005
      The Teko Socks are way too thick to be worn in my usual hiking shoes
      (remember I didn't apply for these ones, but for the Light Hiking
      model ...) so I won't be able to use them for walking / hiking /
      backpacking.
      Conversely, I'm not sure they'll be warm enough to be used as my "main
      socks" during my two-week trip in Quebec in December.
      Though they are very comfy as slippers, there is not much of a test
      plan left ...

      Up to now, I've only used one pair at home and for a short outing (at
      the opera). The second pair is still untouched.

      What do you want me to do?

      --
      Marie-Noëlle
      Wilderness Addict
      Message 2 of 21 , Nov 18, 2005
        In a message dated 11/18/2005 5:49:45 AM Eastern Standard Time,
        augendre.bgt@... writes:
        The Teko Socks are way too thick to be worn in my usual hiking shoes
        (remember I didn't apply for these ones, but for the Light Hiking
        model ...) so I won't be able to use them for walking / hiking /
        backpacking.
        Conversely, I'm not sure they'll be warm enough to be used as my "main
        socks" during my two-week trip in Quebec in December.
        Though they are very comfy as slippers, there is not much of a test
        plan left ...

        Up to now, I've only used one pair at home and for a short outing (at
        the opera). The second pair is still untouched.

        What do you want me to do?
        ######

        Marie-Noelle,

        Do you use another shoe/boot during cooler weather (ie: Quebec?)? If so try
        the fit before we make a decision.

        Thanks.

        Jim S.

      • Marie-Noëlle Augendre
        Message 3 of 21 , Nov 18, 2005
          In Quebec, I will use special boots (they're expected to go to -50°F
          and more) provided by the trip organizer; but I don't think the Teko
          Socks will do very well as they are calf-length and the boots go up
          much higher. And it is only a two-week trip.

          While in France, the temperatures won't go low enough so that I need
          to wear boots (and anyway, I don't have any). I will use my trainers
          with much thiner socks.

          Marie-Noëlle

          --
          Marie-Noëlle
          Wilderness Addict
          http://mnaugendre.blogspot.com/
        • Kathleen Waters
          Message 4 of 21 , Nov 27, 2005
            Jim,

            Has this issue with Marie-Noëlle been resolved? I'm the monitor on
            this test and had been waiting for Marie-Noëlle's IR. I just found
            this message thread on Yahoo (must have missed it the first time
            around). I'd be HAPPY to take over her test if need be ;)

            Kathy Waters

          • JimSabis@aol.com
            Message 5 of 21 , Nov 27, 2005
              In a message dated 11/27/2005 4:47:03 PM Eastern Standard Time,
              TheMiddleSister@... writes:
              Jim,

              Has this issue with Marie-Noëlle been resolved? I'm the monitor on
              this test and had been waiting for Marie-Noëlle's IR. I just found
              this message thread on Yahoo (must have missed it the first time
              around). I'd be HAPPY to take over her test if need be ;)

              Kathy Waters
              #######

              Kathy,

              That would be great if you could do that. I've been struggling to come up
              with a resolution that I liked, but none were really acceptable to me. I was
              about to post that Marie Noelle should return the un-opened pair, post the IR and
              we would call it a day. If you could have Marie Noelle send you the socks and
              take it up it would be excellent, as we would end up with a complete test
              series. Thanks for offering.

              Jim S.

              "He who laughs, lasts." - Mary Poole

            • TheMiddleSister
              Message 6 of 21 , Nov 27, 2005
                Jim,

                I've sent an e-mail Marie-Noëlle and asked her to please send me the socks (I'll re-imburse her for the shipping). Because it's going to take a bit for me to receive the socks from Europe, I'm going to check around here and see if I can pick up a pair locally so that I can get an IR done (I can always use more socks!).

                TheMiddleSister@... writes:
[...]

                http://www.eset.com

              • Edward Ripley-Duggan
                Message 7 of 21 , Nov 27, 2005
                  Kathy,

                  Hasn't Marie-Noelle now moved to Canada?

                  Ted.

                  At 10:30 PM 11/27/05, you wrote:
                  >Jim,
                  >
                  >I've sent an e-mail Marie-Noëlle and asked her
                  >to please send me the socks (I'll re-imburse her
                  >for the shipping). Because it's going to take a
                  >bit for me to receive the socks from Europe, I'm
                  >going to check around here and see if I can pick
                  >up a pair locally so that I can get an IR done (I can always use more socks!).
                  >
                  >Kathy

                  Reply to: erd@...
                  WILSEY RARE BOOKS, MEMBER ABAA
                  http://www.wilsey.net
                  Phone: (845) 657-7057 Fax: (845) 657-2366
                • Andy Mytys
                  Message 8 of 21 , Nov 27, 2005
                    --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "TheMiddleSister"
                    <TheMiddleSister@u...> wrote:

                    > Jim,
                    >
                    > I've sent an e-mail Marie-Noëlle and asked her to please send me
                    > the socks (I'll re-imburse her for the shipping).

                    Kathy... I'm at the root of this mess. I'd be willing to send you a re-
                    imbursement :)

                    BTW - a few of us will be hiking over the weekend (have a cabin rented
                    too) at the Waterloo Rec Area. E-mail me if you want details.
                  • Leesa J
                    Message 9 of 21 , Nov 28, 2005
                      Does the test need a new monitor now? (If Kathy is the new tester and was
                      the monitor?) or did I miss read this? Leesa

                      --
                      This land is your land, this land is my land...
                      Woody Guthrie

                      Message 10 of 21 , Nov 28, 2005
                        In a message dated 11/28/2005 5:55:08 AM Eastern Standard Time,
                        augendre.bgt@... writes:
                        I just send the Teko Socks to Kathy via priority mail. I hope she gets them
                        soon.
                        #######

                        Marie-Noelle,

                        Thanks for responding so quickly.

                        Jim S.

                      • JimSabis@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 21 , Nov 28, 2005
                          In a message dated 11/28/2005 5:20:32 AM Eastern Standard Time,
                          leesaj@... writes:
                          Does the test need a new monitor now? (If Kathy is the new tester and was
                          the monitor?) or did I miss read this? Leesa
                          ########

                          No. Kathy, when you post your reports, I will do the edit for you. I was a
                          test monitor before I was drafted as a moderator!

                          A few less edits will be my way of saying thanks for jumping in on this!

                          Jim S.

                        • JimSabis@aol.com
                          Message 12 of 21 , Nov 28, 2005
                            In a message dated 11/27/2005 10:28:29 PM Eastern Standard Time,
                            TheMiddleSister@... writes:
                            Jim,

                            I've sent an e-mail Marie-Noëlle and asked her to please send me the socks
                            (I'll re-imburse her for the shipping). Because it's going to take a bit for me
                            to receive the socks from Europe, I'm going to check around here and see if I
                            can pick up a pair locally so that I can get an IR done (I can always use
                            more socks!).

                            Kathy
                            #######

                            Kathy,

                            Excellent! Thanks for stepping up to the plate. I was really not happy with
                            any of my options on this one. I owe you one!

                            Jim S.

                          • TheMiddleSister
                            Message 13 of 21 , Nov 28, 2005
                              Jim,

                              Thanks! I will post an IR by this weekend (getting a pair locally to get started). I PROMISE to use my spell and grammar-checker :)

                              leesaj@... writes:
                              Does the test need a new monitor now? (If Kathy is the new tester and was
                              the monitor?) or did I miss read this? Leesa
                              ########

                              No. Kathy, when you post your reports, I will do the edit for you. I was a
                              test monitor before I was drafted as a moderator!

                              A few less edits will be my way of saying thanks for jumping in on this!

                              Jim S.

                              Outdoors Recreation jobs Recreation jobs

                              http://www.eset.com

                            • Marie-Noëlle Augendre
                              Message 14 of 21 , Nov 28, 2005
                                I was on the starting-blocks as my leave for Quebec was getting
                                closer. I wouldn't have liked to botch up an IR minutes before closing
                                the door ...

                                Marie-Noëlle

                                --
                                Marie-Noëlle
                                Wilderness Addict
                                http://mnaugendre.blogspot.com/
                              • Andrew Priest
                                Message 15 of 21 , Nov 28, 2005
                                  At 10:31 AM 28/11/2005, you wrote:
                                  >In a message dated 11/27/2005 4:47:03 PM Eastern Standard Time,
                                  >TheMiddleSister@... writes:
                                  >Jim,
                                  >
                                  >Has this issue with Marie-Noëlle been resolved? I'm the monitor on
                                  >this test and had been waiting for Marie-Noëlle's IR. I just found
                                  >this message thread on Yahoo (must have missed it the first time
                                  >around). I'd be HAPPY to take over her test if need be ;)
                                  >
                                  >Kathy Waters
                                  >#######
                                  >
                                  >Kathy,
                                  >
                                  >That would be great if you could do that. I've been struggling to come up
                                  >with a resolution that I liked, but none were really acceptable to me. I was
                                  >about to post that Marie Noelle should return
                                  >the un-opened pair, post the IR and
                                  >we would call it a day. If you could have Marie Noelle send you the socks and
                                  >take it up it would be excellent, as we would end up with a complete test
                                  >series. Thanks for offering.

                                  That would mean however, that Kathy couldn't
                                  monitor the test, so a new test monitor needs to be sorted as well.

                                  Andrew

                                  ==
                                  http://BackpackGearTest.org

                                  Skype User Id: Aushiker
                                  ICQ No. 38215599
                                  MSN Messenger: aushiker@...
                                  Yahoo Messenger: aushiker

                                • Andrew Priest
                                  Message 16 of 21 , Nov 28, 2005
                                    At 06:20 PM 28/11/2005, you wrote:
                                    >Does the test need a new monitor now? (If Kathy is the new tester and was
                                    >the monitor?) or did I miss read this? Leesa

                                    Hi Leesa

                                    You read it correct.

                                    Andrew

                                    ==
                                    http://BackpackGearTest.org

                                    Skype User Id: Aushiker
                                    ICQ No. 38215599
                                    MSN Messenger: aushiker@...
                                    Yahoo Messenger: aushiker

                                  • JimSabis@aol.com
                                    Message 17 of 21 , Nov 28, 2005
                                      In a message dated 11/28/2005 10:26:53 PM Eastern Standard Time,
                                      apriest@... writes:
                                      That would mean however, that Kathy couldn't
                                      monitor the test, so a new test monitor needs to be sorted as well.

                                      Andrew
                                      #######

                                      Andrew,

                                      Maybe I should have checked first, but I volunteered to edit Kathy's reports
                                      (used to be a monitor in the 'old' days) as the test moderator. I figured it
                                      was the quickest, easiest way to cover the bases. Let me know if this is not
                                      appropriate.

                                      Message 18 of 21 , Dec 1, 2005
                                        At 11:43 AM 29/11/2005, you wrote:

                                        >Maybe I should have checked first, but I volunteered to edit Kathy's reports
                                        >(used to be a monitor in the 'old' days) as the test moderator. I figured it
                                        >was the quickest, easiest way to cover the bases. Let me know if this is not
                                        >appropriate.

                                        Dear Jim

                                        It is probably better to not have the Test Monitor as a Tester,
                                        therefore if Kathy is going to be testing then we need to put in
                                        place a new test monitor. Do you want the task? :-)

                                        Andrew

                                        ==
                                        http://BackpackGearTest.org

                                        Skype User Id: Aushiker
                                        ICQ No. 38215599
                                        MSN Messenger: aushiker@...
                                        Yahoo Messenger: aushiker

                                      • JimSabis@aol.com
                                        Message 19 of 21 , Dec 2, 2005
                                          In a message dated 12/2/2005 9:44:16 PM Eastern Standard Time,
                                          apriest@... writes:
                                          Dear Jim

                                          It is probably better to not have the Test Monitor as a Tester,
                                          therefore if Kathy is going to be testing then we need to put in
                                          place a new test monitor. Do you want the task? :-)

                                          Andrew
                                          ########

                                          Andrew,

                                          What are a couple more edits? ; )

                                          I'm the mod and seems like a natural fit! I'll be happy to cover it.

                                          Kathy, you are hereby relieved of your monitoring duties for the Teko socks.
                                          Andrew will set you up with another series. Thanks for covering the monitoring
                                          to this point and also for covering for us with Marie-Noelle's situation.

                                          Message 20 of 21 , Dec 3, 2005
                                            OK, Jim. Sorry about that. I didn't consider that I wouldn't be able to do both testing and monitoring when I volunteered. Hopefully the socks that I ordered (or Marie-Noelle shipped) will arrive today and I'll get an IR in immediately. That way my FR will only be a week or so later than the rest. I can easily get several test days (daily hikes of 2-3 miles) in within that time period.

                                            Message 21 of 21 , Dec 3, 2005
                                              In a message dated 12/3/2005 8:50:56 AM Eastern Standard Time,
                                              TheMiddleSister@... writes:
                                              OK, Jim. Sorry about that. I didn't consider that I wouldn't be able to do
                                              both testing and monitoring when I volunteered. Hopefully the socks that I
                                              ordered (or Marie-Noelle shipped) will arrive today and I'll get an IR in
                                              immediately. That way my FR will only be a week or so later than the rest. I can
                                              easily get several test days (daily hikes of 2-3 miles) in within that time
                                              period.

                                              Kathy
                                              ######

                                              Kathy,

                                              No worries. I don't recall this particular scenario coming up before, but
                                              Andrew makes good sense, as usual. I don't mind covering the edits. Keeps me in
                                              practice!