Re: Re: Re: Making kids' stuff obvious

  • Rosaleen Sullivan
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 1, 2005
      From: JimSabis@...<mailto:JimSabis@...>
      Subject: Re: Re: Making kids' stuff obvious

      In a message dated 10/31/2005 10:00:31 PM Eastern Standard Time,
      rebecca@...<mailto:rebecca@...> writes:
      I have created new folders for both the Sierra designs Hurricane and
      Molehill Mtn Hooded fleece in the Children's clothing folder (this didn't
      exist when I originally created these folders). Testers will need to
      reupload their initial reports to the new folders before we delete the old
      ones.
      #######

      Thanks, Rebecca.

      NOTE: Will the test monitor on each of the respective tests please send me an
      email when the uploads are complete. I will then delete the original (now
      duplicate) reports and folders.

      Thanks.

      Jim S.

      "He who laughs, lasts." - Mary Poole

    • Rick Allnutt
      Message 2 of 14 , Nov 1, 2005
        Let's put this to rest, please.

        What we don't want is to replicate the whole file structure one level
        further away from the root. It is unfriendly to our Google listings.
        That is to say that we do not want a section called Children: that has
        within it, folders for clothing and packs and rain gear and shoes and
        poles.

        So for now, we will have a Children's Clothing folder with all the kids
        clothing of every sort in it. The diaper bag goes well enough in the
        day packs section. As other items come up, we will look at exceptions
        to the rule.

        What is very important is for Google and other search engines to list
        our review of the Molehill gear near the top of their first page when a
        user is searching for articles about the gear. It is just a little less
        important that someone be able to come to our site and find the item
        easily. This is because more people are looking for information on gear
        through Google than by using our table of contents.

        Back to our regularly scheduled reviews. Any more discussion on this
        should go back to BGTWeb.

        Rick
        Ass't Website Mod

        chcoa wrote:

        >Along the same thought as Rosaleen's I think all the kids stuff
        >should be one section titled Children's Gear or something like that,
        >if that's possible. I recently uploaded the Molehill Mtn. Diaper
        >bag onto the site in the Day pack section and to be honest, if I
        >were searching the site for a diaper bag review that is not
        >necessarily the first place I would have thought to look.
        >
        >Jamie D
        >
        >--- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "Rosaleen Sullivan"
        ><rosaleen43@m...> wrote:
        >

        >>Hi, Moderators/"Powers That Be,"
        >>
        >>I'm the test monitor for the Sierra Designs Hurricane Rain Jacket
        >>

        >and Pants series. One of the testers, Curt, pointed out to me that
        >these reports are in with adult rain gear while we have a children's
        >clothing section. I don't have an issue with the Hurricane series
        >remaining as part of general rain gear, but if we look under that
        >category, there is nothing to let readers know these are for kids.
        >

        >>Is it possible to either make a sub folder for children's rain or
        >>

        >outer wear, or at least in the report folder's title
        >insert "children's wear," something like Sierra Designs Hurricane
        >Jacket and Pants (Children's)?
        >

        >>Alternatively, we could have a folder in kid's clothing for rain
        >>

        >gear, and possibly add a pointer in the adult rain gear for SD
        >Hurricane in the kid's clothing files.
        >

        >>Thoughts?
        >>
        >>Rosaleen

        >Yahoo! Groups Links

      • nwcurt
        Message 3 of 14 , Nov 1, 2005
          Update: My Molehill and Sierra Designs reports have been uploaded to
          the new folder. Old ones can be deleted whenever....

          Thanks for the change - much nicer from a consumer point of view!

          -Curt