Re: Question: When should we expect gear?

  • Roger Caffin
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 1, 2005
      > Everyone gets stuck with a "delayed" test eventually. Some of us get
      > lucky and it takes a few years, and for others it's on their FIRST
      > test.

      Jennifer: don't think that you are the only one...
      The first Test I was selected (years ago) for was a WM down Flight Jacket. It never shipped.
      I was selected (half a year ago) for the Scarpa GTX shoes: mine never shipped.
      I was recently selected for the Bozeman Cocoon: we are still waiting several months later
      I was recently selected for the Benchmade 530: we are still waiting ...
      I was recently selected for the Gerber Triode: we are still waiting ...
      I was recently selected for the Vermont Darn Tough socks: we are still waiting ...
      In fact, currently I have no active tests!

      So, things happen. Just keep applying, and may the gods smile one day :-)
      Don't worry: the Mods know about this, and will take all things into account.

      Cheers
      Roger Caffin
      (The Optimist)
    • Jennifer
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 1, 2005
        Thanks for the information everyone. I figured it must happen now and then but I just
        needed an idea of how often. I will definitely plan more of a buffer into my future apps.

        Anticipating new gear,
        Jenny :)

        --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "Roger Caffin" <r.caffin@a...> wrote:

        > > Everyone gets stuck with a "delayed" test eventually. Some of us get
        > > lucky and it takes a few years, and for others it's on their FIRST
        > > test.
        >
        > Jennifer: don't think that you are the only one...
        > The first Test I was selected (years ago) for was a WM down Flight Jacket. It never
        shipped.
        > I was selected (half a year ago) for the Scarpa GTX shoes: mine never shipped.
        > I was recently selected for the Bozeman Cocoon: we are still waiting several months later
        > I was recently selected for the Benchmade 530: we are still waiting ...
        > I was recently selected for the Gerber Triode: we are still waiting ...
        > I was recently selected for the Vermont Darn Tough socks: we are still waiting ...
        > In fact, currently I have no active tests!
        >
        > So, things happen. Just keep applying, and may the gods smile one day :-)
        > Don't worry: the Mods know about this, and will take all things into account.
        >
        > Cheers
        > Roger Caffin
        > (The Optimist)

      • Andy Mytys
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 1, 2005
          --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "Jennifer"
          <jensmail78@y...> wrote:

          > Thanks for the information everyone. I figured it must happen now
          > and then but I just needed an idea of how often. I will definitely
          > plan more of a buffer into my future apps.
          >
          > Anticipating new gear,
          > Jenny :)

          Jen,

          Outdoor Research has an excellent reputation of turning product over to
          BGT testers FAST. So, if you were to apply for that Rando Cap and get
          picked... :)