Making kids' stuff obvious

  • Rosaleen Sullivan
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 31, 2005
      Hi, Moderators/"Powers That Be,"

      I'm the test monitor for the Sierra Designs Hurricane Rain Jacket and Pants series. One of the testers, Curt, pointed out to me that these reports are in with adult rain gear while we have a children's clothing section. I don't have an issue with the Hurricane series remaining as part of general rain gear, but if we look under that category, there is nothing to let readers know these are for kids.

      Is it possible to either make a sub folder for children's rain or outer wear, or at least in the report folder's title insert "children's wear," something like Sierra Designs Hurricane Jacket and Pants (Children's)?

      Alternatively, we could have a folder in kid's clothing for rain gear, and possibly add a pointer in the adult rain gear for SD Hurricane in the kid's clothing files.

      Thoughts?

      Rosaleen

    • Anthony (TJ) Smith
      Message 2 of 14 , Oct 31, 2005
        Also along with this, the Hurricane Jacket and Pants are also available in
        adult sizes and could add more confusion with that and they way they are
        currently listed. Just an addendum to Rosaleen's comments.
        TJ

[...]

        _____

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        * Visit your group "backpackgeartesters
        <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/backpackgeartesters> " on the web.

        <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

        _____

      • AsABat
        Message 3 of 14 , Oct 31, 2005
          Ditto the Molehill Mt. Fleece Jacket. I asked about this before, as
          all three testers would prefer to see it in the Children's Clothing
          folder. I asked about this on BGTWeb as well but have heard nothing.

          Note that the Children's Clothing folder has just one lonely OR in it.

          Bill Jeffrey
          Monitor, Molehill Mt. Fleece Jacket

          > Hi, Moderators/"Powers That Be,"
          >
          > I'm the test monitor for the Sierra Designs Hurricane Rain Jacket
          and Pants series. One of the testers, Curt, pointed out to me that
          these reports are in with adult rain gear while we have a children's
          clothing section. I don't have an issue with the Hurricane series
          remaining as part of general rain gear, but if we look under that
          category, there is nothing to let readers know these are for kids.

          > Is it possible to either make a sub folder for children's rain or
          outer wear, or at least in the report folder's title
          insert "children's wear," something like Sierra Designs Hurricane
          Jacket and Pants (Children's)?

          > Alternatively, we could have a folder in kid's clothing for rain
          gear, and possibly add a pointer in the adult rain gear for SD
          Hurricane in the kid's clothing files.

          > Thoughts?
          >
          > Rosaleen
        • Rick Allnutt
          Message 4 of 14 , Oct 31, 2005
            Patience - or barring that, run around in small circles.

            Rebecca, our folder creator, has agreed to make folders in the
            Children's clothing section for the current tests. When she has done
            so, the testers will need to upload their reports to the folders and
            then I will delete the originals.

            Rick
            BGT mod

            AsABat wrote:

            >Ditto the Molehill Mt. Fleece Jacket. I asked about this before, as
            >all three testers would prefer to see it in the Children's Clothing
            >folder. I asked about this on BGTWeb as well but have heard nothing.
            >
            >Note that the Children's Clothing folder has just one lonely OR in it.
            >
            >Bill Jeffrey
            >Monitor, Molehill Mt. Fleece Jacket
            >

            >>Hi, Moderators/"Powers That Be,"
            >>
            >>I'm the test monitor for the Sierra Designs Hurricane Rain Jacket
            >>

            >and Pants series. One of the testers, Curt, pointed out to me that
            >these reports are in with adult rain gear while we have a children's
            >clothing section. I don't have an issue with the Hurricane series
            >remaining as part of general rain gear, but if we look under that
            >category, there is nothing to let readers know these are for kids.
            >

            >>Is it possible to either make a sub folder for children's rain or
            >>

            >outer wear, or at least in the report folder's title
            >insert "children's wear," something like Sierra Designs Hurricane
            >Jacket and Pants (Children's)?
            >

            >>Alternatively, we could have a folder in kid's clothing for rain
            >>

            >gear, and possibly add a pointer in the adult rain gear for SD
            >Hurricane in the kid's clothing files.
            >

            >>Thoughts?
            >>
            >>Rosaleen
            >>

            >Yahoo! Groups Links
            >

            >.

          • AsABat
            Message 5 of 14 , Oct 31, 2005
              Thanks, Rick. I hadn't heard anything since before Oct. 20, but my
              patience is now restored. Thanks again!

              Bill

              --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, Rick Allnutt <rick@b...>
              wrote:

              > Patience - or barring that, run around in small circles.
              >
              > Rebecca, our folder creator, has agreed to make folders in the
              > Children's clothing section for the current tests. When she has done
              > so, the testers will need to upload their reports to the folders and
              > then I will delete the originals.
              >
              > Rick
              > BGT mod
            • Rosaleen Sullivan
              Message 6 of 14 , Oct 31, 2005
                This should take care of it!

                Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 17:12:12 -0500
                From: Rick Allnutt <rick@...<mailto:rick@...>>
                Subject: Re: Re: Making kids' stuff obvious

                Patience - or barring that, run around in small circles.

                Rebecca, our folder creator, has agreed to make folders in the
                Children's clothing section for the current tests.

                (SNIP)

                Rick
                BGT mod

                AsABat wrote:

                >Ditto the Molehill Mt. Fleece Jacket. I asked about this before, as
                >all three testers would prefer to see it in the Children's Clothing
                >folder.

                (SNIP)

                >Bill Jeffrey
                >Monitor, Molehill Mt. Fleece Jacket
                >>Hi, Moderators/"Powers That Be,"

                (SNIP)
                )

              • chcoa
                Message 7 of 14 , Oct 31, 2005
                  Along the same thought as Rosaleen's I think all the kids stuff
                  should be one section titled Children's Gear or something like that,
                  if that's possible. I recently uploaded the Molehill Mtn. Diaper
                  bag onto the site in the Day pack section and to be honest, if I
                  were searching the site for a diaper bag review that is not
                  necessarily the first place I would have thought to look.

                  Jamie D

                  --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "Rosaleen Sullivan"

                • JimSabis@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 14 , Oct 31, 2005
                    In a message dated 10/31/2005 4:39:00 PM Eastern Standard Time,
                    rosaleen43@... writes:
[...]

                    ######

                    The folder change is already in the works. The mods (me?) will notify the
                    testers when the new folders are ready.

                    Thanks for your patience!

                    Jim S.

                    "He who laughs, lasts." - Mary Poole

                  • Rebecca
                    Message 9 of 14 , Oct 31, 2005
                      I have created new folders for both the Sierra designs Hurricane and
                      Molehill Mtn Hooded fleece in the Children's clothing folder (this didn't
                      exist when I originally created these folders). Testers will need to
                      reupload their initial reports to the new folders before we delete the old
                      ones.

                      AsABat wrote:

                      >Ditto the Molehill Mt. Fleece Jacket. I asked about this before, as
                      >all three testers would prefer to see it in the Children's Clothing
                      >folder. I asked about this on BGTWeb as well but have heard nothing.
                      >
                      >Note that the Children's Clothing folder has just one lonely OR in it.
                      >
                      >Bill Jeffrey
                      >Monitor, Molehill Mt. Fleece Jacket
                      >

                      >>Hi, Moderators/"Powers That Be,"
                      >>
                      >>I'm the test monitor for the Sierra Designs Hurricane Rain Jacket
                      >>

                      >and Pants series. One of the testers, Curt, pointed out to me that
                      >these reports are in with adult rain gear while we have a children's
                      >clothing section. I don't have an issue with the Hurricane series
                      >remaining as part of general rain gear, but if we look under that
                      >category, there is nothing to let readers know these are for kids.
                      >

                      >>Is it possible to either make a sub folder for children's rain or
                      >>

                      >outer wear, or at least in the report folder's title
                      >insert "children's wear," something like Sierra Designs Hurricane
                      >Jacket and Pants (Children's)?
                      >

                      >>Alternatively, we could have a folder in kid's clothing for rain
                      >>

                      >gear, and possibly add a pointer in the adult rain gear for SD
                      >Hurricane in the kid's clothing files.
                      >

                      >>Thoughts?
                      >>
                      >>Rosaleen
                      >>

                      >Yahoo! Groups Links
                      >

                      >.

                      Yahoo! Groups Links
                    • JimSabis@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 14 , Oct 31, 2005
                        In a message dated 10/31/2005 10:00:31 PM Eastern Standard Time,
                        rebecca@... writes:
                        I have created new folders for both the Sierra designs Hurricane and
                        Molehill Mtn Hooded fleece in the Children's clothing folder (this didn't
                        exist when I originally created these folders). Testers will need to
                        reupload their initial reports to the new folders before we delete the old
                        ones.
                        #######

                        Thanks, Rebecca.

                        NOTE: Will the test monitor on each of the respective tests please send me an
                        email when the uploads are complete. I will then delete the original (now
                        duplicate) reports and folders.

                        Thanks.

                        Message 11 of 14 , Oct 31, 2005
                          I have uploaded my Hurricane IR to the new folder.
                          TJ Smith

                        • Rosaleen Sullivan

                            Message 13 of 14 , Nov 1, 2005
                              Let's put this to rest, please.

                              What we don't want is to replicate the whole file structure one level
                              further away from the root. It is unfriendly to our Google listings.
                              That is to say that we do not want a section called Children: that has
                              within it, folders for clothing and packs and rain gear and shoes and
                              poles.

                              So for now, we will have a Children's Clothing folder with all the kids
                              clothing of every sort in it. The diaper bag goes well enough in the
                              day packs section. As other items come up, we will look at exceptions
                              to the rule.

                              What is very important is for Google and other search engines to list
                              our review of the Molehill gear near the top of their first page when a
                              user is searching for articles about the gear. It is just a little less
                              important that someone be able to come to our site and find the item
                              easily. This is because more people are looking for information on gear
                              through Google than by using our table of contents.

                              Back to our regularly scheduled reviews. Any more discussion on this
                              should go back to BGTWeb.

                              Rick
                              Ass't Website Mod

                              chcoa wrote:

                              >Along the same thought as Rosaleen's I think all the kids stuff
                              >should be one section titled Children's Gear or something like that,
                              >if that's possible. I recently uploaded the Molehill Mtn. Diaper
                              >bag onto the site in the Day pack section and to be honest, if I
                              >were searching the site for a diaper bag review that is not
                              >necessarily the first place I would have thought to look.
                              >
                              >Jamie D
                              >
                              >--- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "Rosaleen Sullivan"
                              ><rosaleen43@m...> wrote:
                              >

                              >>Hi, Moderators/"Powers That Be,"
                              >>
                              >>I'm the test monitor for the Sierra Designs Hurricane Rain Jacket
                              >>

                              >and Pants series. One of the testers, Curt, pointed out to me that
                              >these reports are in with adult rain gear while we have a children's
                              >clothing section. I don't have an issue with the Hurricane series
                              >remaining as part of general rain gear, but if we look under that
                              >category, there is nothing to let readers know these are for kids.
                              >

                              >>Is it possible to either make a sub folder for children's rain or
                              >>

                              >outer wear, or at least in the report folder's title
                              >insert "children's wear," something like Sierra Designs Hurricane
                              >Jacket and Pants (Children's)?
                              >

                              >>Alternatively, we could have a folder in kid's clothing for rain
                              >>

                              >gear, and possibly add a pointer in the adult rain gear for SD
                              >Hurricane in the kid's clothing files.
                              >

                              >>Thoughts?
                              >>
                              >>Rosaleen

                              >Yahoo! Groups Links

                            • nwcurt
                              Message 14 of 14 , Nov 1, 2005
                                Update: My Molehill and Sierra Designs reports have been uploaded to
                                the new folder. Old ones can be deleted whenever....

                                Thanks for the change - much nicer from a consumer point of view!

                                -Curt